Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) (30697 Views)

Police Arrest Gun Dealer In Benue --- Anambra Indigene / India Cops Arrest Nigerian Involved In Mango Seed Fraud / Cops Nab Nigerian For Possessing RM120,000 Worth Of Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by dre11(m): 4:25am On Aug 27, 2015
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 26-year-old suspect, Ayila Ejir, for allegedly manufacturing and selling guns.

The equipment used for making the arms were said to have been recovered from Ejir, who reportedly confessed to the police to have sold some AK-47, among others, to his customers.

It was learnt that Ejir was arrested along with his accomplices, 18-year-old Joseph Ochanni and Raymond Kakaan, who also confessed to have sold guns to many people, including a soldier.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Ejir was nabbed by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad who stormed his factory in Usambe village, in the Kwande Local Government Area, Benue State, on August 10.

Our correspondent learnt that a single-barrelled gun and gun parts were also impounded at the factory during the raid.

It was learnt that manhunts were launched for the suspects following the arrest of a four-man robbery gang in the Alagbado area of Lagos State on July 8.

The robbers, identified as Peter Ikumofu (20), Adekunle Adeyemo (21), and 18-year-old Emeka Onyekachi, were said to have robbed a hotel and traders in the community around 10pm on the fateful day.

It was learnt that Ikumofu had bought a berretta pistol reportedly used for the robbery from Kakaan for N40,000. He was said to have led the police to Kakaan’s house in Usambe, where two single-barrelled guns were recovered.

Ejir told the police that he learnt how to make guns last year, adding that he sold five guns to Kakaan for N30,000 each.

He said, “In February 2014, I decided to learn welding. My boss taught me how to construct guns and I started making them myself since he died in December last year.

“I have sold five guns to Raymond (Kakaan) for N30,000 each. I also bought 30 live ammunition from him at the rate of N300 per one and resold each for N400. The AK47 rifle engine that was recovered from my shop by the police belonged to my late boss.”

Kakaan said Ikumofu, one of the robbers, had bought the gun from him on the pretext that he wanted to use it to protect himself from some cultists, who were reportedly threatening his life.

He said, “I am an NCE holder. I sat for UTME last year to continue my education in the university and scored 224. I was introduced to Ejir in March by one Nevkaa. I sold one of the five pistols I bought from him to one Mr. Jackson, a soldier for N50,000. It was Joseph (Ochani) that brought Peter (Ikumofu) to me that he needed a gun to protect himself. The two remaining guns were recovered from my house.”

A police prosecutor, Inspector Benson Emuehi brought the six suspects before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday on five counts bordering on armed robbery and illegal dealing in arms and ammunition.

The charges, according to the police, contravene sections 409, 297, 295, and 328 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

The defendants’ pleas were not taken by the presiding magistrate, Mrs. O.A. Olayinka, who ordered that they be remanded in prison, adding that their case file should be forwarded to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for advice.

Olayinka adjourned the case till November 30, 2015

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cops-arrest-gun-runners-recover-gun-manufacturing-equipment/

cc lalasticlala

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Aminat508(f): 4:29am On Aug 27, 2015
. shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by gunpoint(m): 4:30am On Aug 27, 2015
The robbers, identified as Peter Ikumofu (20), Adekunle Adeyemo (21), and 18-year-old Emeka Onyekachi, were said to have robbed a hotel and traders in the community around 10pm on the fateful day.
Perfect example of the kind of intertribal cooperation we have been advocating grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by HerexG(m): 4:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Wow this is a great news !

One thing I admire about America is that they sure know how to convert what appears to be negative into a positive use for themselves, these young men are raw talents.

Nigeria government pls do the needful , harness and develop on these young men raw talents instead of incarcerating them so as not to make their talents lie fallow or eventually become a waste .

Who knows we might become the Russia of tomorrow undecided

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by rusher14: 4:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Pixilated faces?
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by gunpoint(m): 4:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Aminat508:
. shocked shocked shocked
Give me your phone number now or else... angry

2 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 27, 2015
Okkkk next like pls....
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 27, 2015
gunpoint:

Perfect example of they kind of intertribal cooperation we have been advocating grin
Guy, u no See say na the YORUBA Boy drag dem put for this matter...

14 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by gunpoint(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2015
EVILFOREST:

Guy, u no See say na the YORUBA Boy drag dem put for this matter...
The evil in your eye no dey allow you see road. Where you see that one now?

14 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Hysmady(m): 7:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Good morning NLders... wink
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by oshibote1: 7:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Good
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by EmagNig(m): 7:53am On Aug 27, 2015
God catch am
[size=16pt]sexyLADE[/size] says so

NIGERIA'S 1ST e-MAGAZINE? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 7:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmm
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Ybnm4life(m): 7:54am On Aug 27, 2015
First time am hearing good news about our NPF...
Kudos to them.
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by phransix147(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2015
I thought I heard the Ministry of Defence wants to start manufacturing weapons? If so then this should be their first employee.

14 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by mayorjosh(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok

this is the change we asked buhari for

Jonathan are u learnin now?
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by lordtech(m): 7:56am On Aug 27, 2015
Good
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by hakeem4(m): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2015
Make them do positive stuffs for the Nigerian army

3 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by okooloyun1(m): 7:58am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by tola9jaa: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2015
NIGERIAN POLICE IS LIKE AMERICAN POLICE UNDER BUHARI
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by EngrBouss(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2015
The government should use these guys in making Nigerian made weapons instead wasting dudes with ideas in the prison.

With the right resources and proper supervisor since they are to be imprisoned, they with make automatic rifles as the government where suggesting to the military.

6 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by imsuboi(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2015
Why am I not surprised? undecided

Yellow bar people & robberies are like bread & butter. Ask London police grin

Make una free am joor, he's only following in the footsteps of Fashola & that big-eyed thief (you know who) tongue.

if quote me & say thrash, may ogun solder your yansh hole grin grin
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by phonesNgadgets: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2015
shocked Gun manufacturing on your own? So wrong, so illegal. I think there is a legal way one could deal with gun.

1 Like

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2015
By 2040, I hope to be manufacturing guns and weapons in Nigeria Legally. I have always had a penchant for guns anyway.
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Talent!
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by ITSAWRAPP: 8:01am On Aug 27, 2015
good news
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by IneedASUGARMUMMY: 8:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Every tribe is well represented. So no food for tribal warriors.

Bad market for una.

8 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by obontami: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2015
Boys get ready to go and relax in jail

1 Like

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by ignis: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2015
k
Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by imsuboi(m): 8:02am On Aug 27, 2015
Tydies:
By 2040, I hope to be manufacturing guns and weapons in Nigeria Legally. I have always had a penchant for guns anyway.

Police! Come carry this one! shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by whisperj: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2015
Igbo and Yoruba fully represented - there will be no tribal war on this issue. grin

6 Likes

Re: Cops Arrest Gun Runners, Recover Gun- Manufacturing Equipment (Pictured) by fergus0n: 8:03am On Aug 27, 2015
Men ji aka n'abuo en o kwa machine gun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unn Student Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen (graphic Photos) / I’m In Lagos To Steal To Celebrate Christmas— Suspect (pictured) / Associate Kills Businessman In Warri, Buries Him In A Shallow Grave (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.