Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair (44180 Views)

Women, U Can Prepare These Honey Sexual Performance Remedy For Your Husband. / Hair Steaming Do's And Don'ts For Relaxed Hair (part 1) / Stop Hair Breakage And Grow Your Beards With This Hair Combo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
brunnette4real:
Anytime I loose my hair,it breaks, but after retouching it ,it stops breaking is that okay?
I want to change my relaxer from protective to either Dr.miracle or ORS,please which is the better option?

The reason your hair breaks when you lose it could be because you did not moisturise and seal in moisture to your hair daily.

I have used Dr. Miracle before. I did not really like it because it makes your my look scanty.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2016
brunnette4real:
Anytime I loose my hair,it breaks, but after retouching it ,it stops breaking is that okay?
I want to change my relaxer from protective to either Dr.miracle or ORS,please which is the better option?

You hair could be breaking because you do not deep condition it regularly. If you have not retouched in a long time, your hair could break at the place the relaxed part meets the due part.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 14, 2016
joie27:

You hair could be breaking because you do not deep condition it regularly. If you have not retouched in a long time, your hair could break at the place the relaxed part meets the due part.

what is the name is the deep conditioner you using? or recommend any good one you know.

learning alot from your blog.THANKS GIRL
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2016
Bukiminaj:

what is the name is the deep conditioner you using? or recommend any good one you know.

Thanks dear.

I use Vitale Mayonnaise once a month or once in 2 months. I use Creme of nature intensive conditioning treatment every two weeks.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by queenesthr(f): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2016
brunnette4real:

Use Creme Of Nature Relaxer with Argan Oil

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
Bukiminaj:

I am happy you are learning. I use Vitale Mayonnaise & Creme of Nature Intensive Cpnditioning Treatment
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hello,

I understand how you feel because not long ago i had the same issue but i want to assure you that its something everyone experiences once in a while. At this point, accept that even if you go natural you may experience the same if your hair is not taken care of.

1. Your hair may be breaking because you overlap the relaxer on already relaxed hair i.e you apply relaxer on relaxed hair while retouching new growth. The solution to this is to apply Vaseline on already relaxed hair before you start relaxing.

2. Underprocessing hair causes breakage, if your hair is already bone straight try and achieve the same results when you touch up your roots. If you get less straight hair after your touch up, the line of demarcation becomes a weak point that leads to breakage.

3. You may need a protein and cholesterol treatment, i suggest the aphogee two step protein treatment. Using an egg is ok too but never tried that.

4. Always use a wide tooth comb

5. You may have a lot of split ends. if you haven't, i advise you trim an inch off (Dont worry, it's just hair, it will grow back).

6. A deep condition treatment may help the texture of your hair and reduce breakage.

7. Are you eating right? sometimes it has to do with what we ingest. (you may want to take vitamins).

8. Try a sulphate free shampoo and a natural oil (coconut, olive oil etc)

9. Very important, it is essential that you use protective styles. Do not handle your hair so much when you are trying to stop breakage.

10. Do you stretch your relaxer?

11. It will not stop in one day, it can be quite frustrating but on the bright side, this is a learning curve.

As someone that was natural for a long while and went back to a relaxer, i can tell you that being natural cannot solve all hair problems. You eventually run into natural related issues. No side is easy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
Moberry:
Hello,

I understand how you feel because not long ago i had the same issue but i want to assure you that its something everyone experiences once in a while. At this point, accept that even if you go natural you may experience the same if your hair is not taken care of.

1. Your hair may be breaking because you overlap the relaxer on already relaxed hair i.e you apply relaxer on relaxed hair while retouching new growth. The solution to this is to apply Vaseline on already relaxed hair before you start relaxing.

2. Underprocessing hair causes breakage, if your hair is already bone straight try and achieve the same results when you touch up your roots. If you get less straight hair after your touch up, the line of demarcation becomes a weak point that leads to breakage.

3. You may need a protein and cholesterol treatment, i suggest the aphogee two step protein treatment. Using an egg is ok too but never tried that.

4. Always use a wide tooth comb

5. You may have a lot of split ends. if you haven't, i advise you trim an inch off (Dont worry, it's just hair, it will grow back).

6. A deep condition treatment may help the texture of your hair and reduce breakage.

7. Are you eating right? sometimes it has to do with what we ingest. (you may want to take vitamins).

8. Try a sulphate free shampoo and a natural oil (coconut, olive oil etc)

9. Very important, it is essential that you use protective styles. Do not handle your hair so much when you are trying to stop breakage.

10. Do you stretch your relaxer?

11. It will not stop in one day, it can be quite frustrating but on the bright side, this is a learning curve.

As someone that was natural for a long while and went back to a relaxer, i can tell you that being natural cannot solve all hair problems. You eventually run into natural related issues. No side is easy.

Well said. I don't know why many nigerians believe that going natural is the solution to hair problems.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by joie27: 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Coconut oil for both natural and relaxed hair. For N800.

http://www.kaymu.com.ng/tree-of-the-field-coconut-oil-250ml-828630.html

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by TheSunSon: 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Try kay's organix product,its a pure neem oil infused coconut oil product,its quite amazing and one of its kind,similar products will be found mostly in india. You could research on the benefits of neem oil on the hair over the net b4 u make your order.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by geesilver(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bukiminaj:

thank God i just relaxed my hair 2days ago.wl definitely try d steaming stuff.my hair sef sabi beta tin,xo because of its craving for egg thats why its breaking

What can i Subtitue for lemon juice?cos its not always in abundant like orange.

How can i make my own shampoo & con?
Ur hair won chop egg make sure u fry the egg o
As for lemmom juice u can use apple juice all na juice.......abeg no take me serious o, I no want ur bashing.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bukiminaj:
My hair has been breakage since 2012.
I tried shaving all it off and started from the begining but alas!it still the same

Sometimes i wondered what went wrong.IM an hair freak, i give more attention to ma hair

what is wrong with me and how can i solve this once and for all?
I don't understand you. Did you shave it off and relaxed it again?
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by mysteriousman(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
Op this your English ehn

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
joie27:

Well said. I don't know why many nigerians believe that going natural is the solution to hair problems.

No one said any side is easy. Being natural means staying true to who you are. It means not conforming tot the societal standards. It means standing strong despite the negativity remarks most Africans (Yes most) and western media dish out to us. Our hair texture shouldn't be changed because some idi.ots think it is easier and more decent when it is starightened. Heck! Oyinbos sef get their wahala. It is about embracing who you are!

Regardless people have a choice to straighten their hair however it does make any logical sense to change what you are born with, something that is so fundamental to your identity because of some BS.

cc Moberry:

3 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Otunbagbolagade(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Use Gadolformulae Rapid Hair Grower,simply the best remedy
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by GeniusDavid(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
2015 Post made front page! Lalasticlala's GF suffering from same problem? grin

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by UIA04(f): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bukiminaj:

thank God i just relaxed my hair 2days ago.wl definitely try d steaming stuff.my hair sef sabi beta tin,xo because of its craving for egg thats why its breaking

What can i Subtitue for lemon juice?cos its not always in abundant like orange.

How can i make my own shampoo & con?
Use lime instead of lemon

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by scarletpearl(f): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
do not get carried away, just like God created some tall and short, some peoples hair can never be so long. plus if u have a not too good hair avoid relaxer. that's the best option like I am doing now growing a hair without relaxer.
causes of hair breakage I know aresadexperienced)
- weather: harmattan, so endeavor to always keep hair moist.
- not thoroughly washing out relaxer off after applying; some hair dressers are water miser.
- dryness of hair; just like some skin are very dry same with hair, try applying original dark and lovely pink oil, original Emily millionaire and a luza or Indian herp hair cream.(Indian herp is a name of a hair cream)

-you can repair your hair with perm- repair, honey,egg white,honey, coconut oil,aloe vera, apply then cover with shower cap and stem by using a hand dryer or entering into a dryer. ( once in a month or once in two month)

afterwards avoid relaxer with extreme chemicals, they make ur hair so relax but break your hair.

the picture below is the longest have seen. and she doesn't care for the hair. my hair can never be this long didn't take after the parent with long hair, so don't kill your self and be happy for what u have.

3 Likes

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Missyetty(f): 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Am following this thread o, my hair has been breaking too since last year.....i tried profective and i have not noticed any change, infact it is getting fustrating
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by merigold(f): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
Just use organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) 1 cup apple cider vinegar
2tsp lemon juice
3cups water
mix well and use this to rinse ur hair after washing i bet u won't regret it cos ACV will balance d ph of ur hair teatments shampoo nd conditioners nd d rest of it jst make sure u buy organic ACV with d 'mother'

1 Like

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by KiNiBiGd: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
Who long hair epp? undecided
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Debbime(f): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
seems we all have this hair problem, but is dandruff part of your problem with your hair?

I will advice you to use Natures Gentle Touch products.

go to www.naturesgentletouch.com
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by YTderin(f): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
joie27:

Yes, it should be 8 months by now. I moisturise and seal my hair everyday with leavein conditioner mixed with water as well as grapeseed oil
HI, so how do you style it when ure going out. I'm transiting also, it's my 4th month though, and I'm almost giving up. Do u wear wigs? How do u make the hair look good while transiting
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Debbime(f): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
i advice you run away from profective NOW.

ORS is good but if you can afford it, go for Natures Gentle Touch

brunnette4real:
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by ewamiessential(f): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
You really need to try our Deep Conditioning Protein Treatment and Hairline Corrector hair care product. I'm sure you will thank us later ma'am.

Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by kelsgal(f): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
My dear, i advice you use Nature Gentle Touch products. Use Eucalyptus Anti breakage bundle. This bundle is from Nature Gentle Touch. Better still u can contact them on 09083411912. You wont regret using them. Secondly, always mix shea butter n coconut oil with your hair cream before using it too.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by ronkyemma(f): 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Pls can I do hair steaming for my daughter of 13yrs,althoug I use texturiser to retourch for ha evry 3mths cos of d nature of ha hair,so strong n thick.
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by vena3(f): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
Steam your hair, at least once a month with mayonnaise, let coconut oil and ori (Shea butter) original one, be your day to day cream. Thats all u need don't over process your hair. Before u over do it. Plait or weave your hair often, it helps
Re: Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
daretodiffer:

No one said any side is easy. Being natural means staying true to who you are. It means not conforming tot the societal standards. It means standing strong despite the negativity remarks most Africans (Yes most) and western media dish out to us. Our hair texture shouldn't be changed because some idi.ots think it is easier and more decent when it is starightened. Heck! Oyinbos sef get their wahala. It is about embracing who you are!

Regardless people have a choice to straighten their hair however it does make any logical sense to change what you are born with, something that is so fundamental to your identity because of some BS.

cc Moberry:

I respect you opinion but i personally believe that hair doesn't mean you have embraced who you are . Self acceptance is much more than that, hair is one of those things that if anything has now divided people.Hair is not identity, it is something personal to each and every individual and to each his own.

Like i said i respect your opinion but i have mine too smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Knit A Yellow Wool Crop Top With Hands (Photos) / Who Is The President Of Nigeria? Dr. Muhammadu Buhari – Miss Nnewi Contestant / Toke Makinwa Dressed In Tissue Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.