Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism (1615 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa Vs Southern Kaduna Attacks / Southern Kaduna Says No To Grazing Reserve / Sahara Reporters Confirm Retirement Of Mostly Southern Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 7:41am On Aug 27, 2015
The north is winning and they will continue to win.

When I refer to "north", I don't mean the whole bulk of that geographically region but rather I refer to the power brokers who control that region and by extension ( through their precision politicking) control the whole polity.

While the south stumbles in confusion on trying to define their position and identity, the North remains stoic in its ideology and commitment to have absolute power and rule.

To understand how the north wields so much influence over the polity we must first look at the make up of their larger society i.e. its homogeneity ( tribe and religion), strict social strata and the power and influence of the egalitarian class.

The north defines itself primarily under one highly conservative theoracracy - Islam.

There is always this erroneous assumption that the self defined "progressive and enlightened" south continues to believe which is that the highly conservative northern society is backward as can be deduced from social indices which on first glance, puts the northern society lagging behind the south.

But when we consider, real fundamental impacts and political gains between the conservative north and the south, we will see that since almagation, the northern elite have always dictated the path of the polity.

What use is a progressive society where an ultra conservative elite few teleguides their affairs without the naive arrogant "Trousered natives" even knowing it?

Ultra-conservative societies have always triumphed over decadent way ward liberal societies.

Read up on the:"Rise and Fall of Empires" and you will see first hand that the zenith of most empires in history always coincides when conservative ideology (which goes hand in hand with nationalistic pride) was the fundamental political doctrine.

Established Islamic Theocracies in the 20th century have not witnessed any form of decline because Islam in its ultra-conservative form abhors change even if that change is neccessary to reform the state. This is why western education is considered "haram" because it stirs one away from the conservative ideology of Islam.

This is the secret of northern domination.

So while we in the useless south argue over clear abnormalities like same sex unions, the north continues to perfect her grip among its region by highlighting the moral decadence of the liberal south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by patrick89(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2015
owk, we shall see..
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by patrick89(m): 7:49am On Aug 27, 2015
owk, we shall see.. The average northern youths listen to BBC hausa average southern youths listen to psqaure and ICE prince.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by yorubatic: 8:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Why are some yorubas disgracing us every time? Are we clowns that we cannot fight for what belong to us? Then why are fighting to be yoked with other people who do not belong to us? Are ibos, ijaws, Hausa / Fulani our kins and kiths? ...let us have our Odu'a republic. ..

Are we admitting yorubas cowards who can't leave without ibos,ijaws, Hausa / Fulani? What is wrong with my people? Is over ofenmanu affecting our brains?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by Lawsimon(m): 8:01am On Aug 27, 2015
This reminds me of their secret slogan a lecturer told us: ''the north shall rule, and the instrument of rulership shall be the koran. They shall rule untill the deep the koran into the Atlantic ocean''.

1 Like

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2015
The North have a standard KORAN
The south is Confused

1 Like

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2015
Today, a section of the south has suddenly become so patriotic to Nigeria and is so deluded in national unity, while another section wants nothing more than to secede.

The patriotic south bases it's sudden patriotic zeal on liberal grounds of unity which is all but a deluded naive assumption. Paitrotism never sprung up from liberal ideology. Rather liberal ideologies is always against what conservatism stands for.

Take for example what is going on in the west. Anti-immigration protesters in Germany who are opposed to the ruling party granting asylum to 800,000 migrants drawn mainly from Arab nations are quickly denounced as fascist racist even though the protesters rightly pointed out that taking 800,000 immigrants will not only be a financial burden but there also is the danger of importing radical elements who will distort German society.

If these patriotic southerners were to find themselves in the core north, they will see first hand that acceptance and integration into society is impossible.

In the south your income determines which neighborhood you will reside - in the north your tribe and religion predetermines your place of residence.

In places like Kano, there are areas that are specifically reserved for Hausa-Fulani Muslims only.

So when I see these sophisticated patriots from the south clamouring for one Nijeriya I laugh.

1 Like

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2015
yorubatic:
Why are some yorubas disgracing us every time? Are we clowns that we cannot fight for what belong to us? Then why are fighting to be yoked with other people who do not belong to us? Are ibos, ijaws, Hausa / Fulani our kins and kiths? ...let us have our Odu'a republic. ..

Are we admitting yorubas cowards who can't leave without ibos,ijaws, Hausa / Fulani? What is wrong with my people? Is over ofenmanu affecting our brains?

Your average southern progressive will be shocked to find out that a Sahelian from Senegal, Mali, Burkina, Chad and Niger is more welcomed in the core north than them.

Your average sophisticated southern progressive will be shocked to find out that the Hausa-Fulani people do not considered themselves as "black Africans" but rather as descendants of Arabs.

Liberal nonsense always stems from pure ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2015
[size=18pt]The sophisticated hypocrisy: Nationalism over Tribe (only when it involves Ibos)[/size]

Sophisticated Southerners fail to understand that their fellow Nijeriyans up north are highly protective of their identity and separateness first.

The sophisticated fail to understand that financial exigency is what is keeping the north in one country with the Kafuri south while that of their fellow igbos and Niger Deltans clamour is for ensuring a safer and truly more progressive society in terms of social development and security.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2015
I believe I have made a real politics thread devoid of ethnic sentiments .

But no one is commenting because it is beyond their tribal brain comprehension.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by atlwireles: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2015
Bishop, I have to ask you a question here, are northerners really conservatives?
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2015
atlwireles:
Bishop, I have to ask you a question here, are northerners really conservatives?

Define conservatism and then you have your answer.

The north is not only conservative but highly ultra-conservative.

Can you compare lifestyle of an average Lagosian to that of a northerner dwelling in Katsina?

Ultra-conservatism is protection of ideals and traditions.

1 Like

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by atlwireles: 10:02am On Aug 27, 2015
BishopMagic:

Define conservatism and then you have your answer.

The north is not only conservative but highly ultra-conservative.

Can you compare lifestyle of an average Lagosian to that of a northerner dwelling in Katsina?

Ultra-conservatism is protection of ideals and traditions.

I have always considered them more as reactionary than conservative. I personally like things the old ways, both culturally and politically. As long as things reinvent themselves with today's values.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by BishopMagic: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2015
atlwireles:

I have always considered them more as reactionary than conservative. I personally like things the old ways, both culturally and politically. As long as things reinvent themselves with today's values.

Reactionary? Every step the north takes is motivated for one purpose only - absolute power.

The SW is more reactionary than progressive.

1 Like

Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by atlwireles: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2015
BishopMagic:

Reactionary? Every step the north takes is motivated for one purpose only - absolute power.

The SW is more reactionary than progressive.

I don't see northerners as political conservatives, there's absolutely nothing conservative about their politics.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by ImadeUReadThis: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2018
we warned those fools but they refused to listen
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by TheDevilIsALai: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2018
atlwireles:

I don't see northerners as political conservatives, there's absolutely nothing conservative about their politics.

Define conservatism?
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by lastmessenger: 10:23am On Mar 20, 2018
And where has the Conservation gotten us to? Bokoharam, religious intolerance and Fulani uncontrolled killings. Who wins in their quest for power? The political class while the rest are used as a willing tools, Stop celebrating nonsense.
In fact the north needs to brake away from traditional beliefs and embrace modernity for the betterment of us all. That way Nigeria will move forward and develop at a faster rate.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by Kestolovee95(f): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2018
I used to laugh when I hear dunb yolobass who claim to be educated 'sophisticated' refer to foolanis as 'progressives' during the 2015 election.

How can an abooki who is a zombie to Islamic religion and his caliphate be progressive abeg? grin grin grin

If there is anything I've learnt since the advert of the social media is that yolobass lack foresight and possess poor memories.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by kayfra: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
I'll rather be part of a progressive south than a regressive and conservative north racing all the way back to 600AD to go meet the original Alfas.

This is 2018, the South embraces the future, not the past.

Olorun ma je kari religious zombies. Eat your effing conservatism and keep using it to ask for alms all over the place.
Re: Northern Conservatism Vs Southern libertarianism by 0monnak0da: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
They use more codeine and tramadol in Kano than Lagos.
Men and women
Do not be deceived .

All those theories have nothing to do with realith.

We have had democracy for 19 years and the south have ruled for 13 of those 19.

The simple reason for dominance of the North if any is their dominance of the military which is down to the fact that in the colonial period they joined the recruit ranks in greater numbers. They won the 1966 struggle and Biafra war annd have dominated the military ever since. The other factor is at Independencee they were credited with a larger population and this has continued to be a factor

It all comes down to the Biafra war ,the bitter truth is the Biafra war was a victory of the North over the South it has litlle to do with religion or morality.

We have the greed and hastiness of the Eboes to blame

Now during the 13 yearr when the South were in power they did not unite or seek common ground.

Obasanjo was fair and not tribal in his outlook. Indeed under his watch the IG a Yoruba was removed for corruption ,tried and convicted.
Contrast that with the behaviiour of the Eboes wwhen they thought they had control of GEJ's government.

The Eboes continue to bear a grudge for the civil war and that is why we are where we are today. That is why GEJ lost. Of course GEJ was naive and incompetent and that is why he did not consolidate the grip of the south on the security force. Particularly he sidelined Yorubas and was weak .

Things he could have done but failed to do include consolidating the grip of the South on Customs,Immigration and recruitent into the army asand even an FCT Minister.

Positions that should have come to the SW went to the North or the SE
He could have weakened the grip of the North of the Middle Belt a lot more but he had no strategic vision for the South other than to be in power and enjoy

In Short there is NO SOUTH the Eboes have ade sure of that so let us wake up and smell the akara.

The explanation is simple . Before Nigeria people in the SE and SS had no experience of managing a large nation or long term strategic management of empire and strong enemy neighbours.

The truth of Nigeria is that the the SE and SS are politically naive they cannot rule effectively because they do not think long term

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Delays Aisha Buhari From Disembarking Plane / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial, Laughable Charges / Bukola Saraki Should Resign Now - Buhari!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.