Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy (875 Views)

Jonathan’s Government Was Corrupt, Visionless, Ran Nigeria Aground – MEND / SGF: How Fashola Was Schemed Out / Between South Sudan And The Hate Republic Of Biafra - Nkenu Timothy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by TimothyNkenu: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2015
The past few weeks must surely be one of the worst moments in the political career of former Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola following several accusations of corruption that apparently came from 'no where'.

Millions, in their tens and hundreds were allegedly diverted by Fashola (or during his administration and with his consent) mostly through 'bloated' costs. One of such allegations is the 78 million Naira ($392,000) allegedly used for the setting up/upgrade of his official website.

So far, the general view is that the explanation he (Fashola) has given regarding the allegations levelled against him are unsastisfactory and almost (if not) point to the fact that the allegations are be true.

Without ignoring the possibility of his guilt however, I would love to state that if Fashola was corrupt, then all Nigerian leaders should follow his style of corruption (yes, the supposed irony of the statement is well intended).

If Fashola was corrupt when in power yet under his tenure, Lagos State Government could almost (if not totally) single-handedly combat the Ebola virus spread, then all Nigerian leaders (governors, legislators and the president) should all be Fashola-Corrupt. Nigeria could use Fashola-corrupt leaders to stregthen the health sector where millions do not have fast and efficient medical services.

If Fashola was corrupt and yet Lagos State witnessed some of it's greatest infrastructural growth during his tenure, then all governors should learn corruption from Fashola and become Fashola-corrupt as most Nigerian governors hardly leave any meaningful infrastructural traces after they leave office.

Taxing systems, emergency aid systems, school building and funding - these and a lot more 'corrupt' Fashola made to function in Lagos state. He unarguably made us realize the power of state governments as opposed to the mum-toddler relationship that has always existed between the Federal Government and State Governments.

If he was corrupt and yet made all that happen, then let his style of corruption be learnt by all.

Source: http://nkenu..com/2015/08/if-fashola-was-corrupt.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by TimothyNkenu: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2015
cc Ishilove Lalasticala
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by Happiness87(f): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2015
op de learn work from liar Mohammed hahaha
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by Paschal001: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by TimothyNkenu: 11:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Paschal001:
Hmmm

Happiness87:
op de learn work from liar Mohammed hahaha

sad
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by modath(f): 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Fashola is being attacked by detractors who have failed even before they started!!!

Wailers are happy forgetting that Fashola isn't their problem, rather not having anyone of repute in the whole of the PDP family to salvage the sunk ship is what caused the party's downfall...

@TANOIDS & WAILERS,
Where is @ barcanista ? Won't lie, I miss his bellyaching write ups.. Would have loved to see his spin on the BRF debacle, sure he would have dug up a couple of misdeeds about a man he "used" to laud for being the bedrock of the present APC.

2 Likes

Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by veraponpo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
The writer may have his points but my view is that the accusers should prove their allegation before crucifying Fashola. Corruption or corrupt practice must be condemned but must be done in good faith following due process.

You don't pick something at the face value and tell us it was bogus or inflated. A road that involves demolition of illegal structures, demolition and cost of compensation to the rightful owners, constructions of walk ways, bridges, pedestrian bridges, drainage, alternate route constructions, etc cannot go for same cost as a road built without those peripherals.

Let us go to Equity with clean hands.
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ngenegoat... Are u now corroborating GEJ's "stealing is not corruption"?
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by TimothyNkenu: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
crixtex:
Ngenegoat... Are u now corroborating GEJ's "stealing is not corruption"?

Was that to me?
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
TimothyNkenu:

Was that to me?
If u re Ngenegoat.. then it is... if u aint Ngenegoat..then it isnt... happy now??
However answer d question I asked
Re: If Fashola Was Corrupt - Nkenu Timothy by TimothyNkenu: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
crixtex:

If u re Ngenegoat.. then it is... if u aint Ngenegoat..then it isnt... happy now??
However answer d question I asked

Since I'm not Ngenegoat, I guess it wasn't intended for me to answer.

Good day Sir smiley

(1) (Reply)

Epic Throwback Photo Of Rotimi Ameachi / Mammoth Crowd In Lafia For Wada’s Screening / Abubakar Audu & The Bonanza Of Youth Ignorance By Pius Adesanmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.