Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child (901 Views)

"Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child / How To Find If A Child Is Yours Or Not Without A DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by cego(f): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
pls I just want to know as parent how do we scold a child I have just one for now, I notice that anytime my child misbehave n I beat him for doing what is wrong my husband takes it on me call all sort of name like am being wicked, wild and aggressive to the extent of telling me that I was a pretender before he got married to me. I begin to wonder if he truly loves me as a wife because with all these reaction I get from him honestly am beginning to feel bored cos this is not the first time he is doing this.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
cego:
pls I just want to know as parent how do we scold a child I have just one for now, I notice that anytime my child misbehave n I beat him for doing what is wrong my husband takes it on me call all sort of name like am being wicked, wild and aggressive to the extent of telling me that I was a pretender before he got married to me. I begin to wonder if he truly loves me as a wife because with all these reaction I get from him honestly am beginning to feel bored cos this is not the first time he is doing this.
what's really your issue? How to scold a child or your husband's behaviour?

I don't know of any laid down rule on how to scold a child... undecided
However, children esp at tender ages should be corrected with love..
Maybe you shout a lot or beat him so much hence your husband's comments? Do you pour your anger on the baby? That doesn't justify his reactions though! !

You should talk with your husband concerning his comments. Come to terms with him. ...
Or allow him to exert his own kinda disciplinary measure when the child misbehaves, his own way may be more effective. ...
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by Cutehector(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Show dem the rod....
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by yoddy(m): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
From experience, some women tend to be very hard on their kids in the name of correcting them and some men tend to be irrationally lenient. A balance need to be struck in these issues. I usually advise parents, mothers especially, not to be reactive to their children's seemingly negative attitudes. Do not beat when you are upset as you most likely would "over beat" the child. Sometimes you need to remember that they are just kids and tolerate somethings, though absurd.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by soopamom: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Read about attachment parenting. Ask your husband for advice/input. What most Nigerian parents refer to as discipline/ spanking is really just lashing out in anger at the poor child.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by pelusi: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
I dont think shouting and beating a child is the best way to scold/raise a child.Shouting and beating in itself is a sign of irresponsible act and doesnt speaks well for a mature responsible dude.You are pouring anger on the innocent child and you may not know when you mistakenly beat or shout the child beyond expectation.You are putting fear on the child and harming him more.Correct your child politely with love, and in much learned and lively way.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by babygirlfl: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
cego:

I do not believe in beating my child. I use the naughty corner or confiscate toys.
Re: What Is The Right Way To Scold A Child by pacino26(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2015
I think this is the best controversial issue in our society; scolding kids. I thank God for my papa their generation, misbehave and a program will be keyed into your RAM and any time you simulate it the fear alone will deter you from foolish acts.

I think the question should be how old should a child be before he/she can be held accountable for an act? I'll always advice you understand they are just kids and foolishness is their business. Scolding a child should be systematic and not in anger. You can keep a litany of wrong doings and set a pay day that way the young man or woman will know it's not hatred.

Elephant by size meaning you get a cane in relative age and size to manually reset the system some times. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Watched This Cartoons? / Usain Bolt’s Mother: I Hope He’ll Settle Down, Get Married - Verge24.com / Why Is Wedding Ring Placed On 4th Finger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.