Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard (33388 Views)

Buratai Visits Soldiers & UN Staff & Others Wounded By Boko Haram (Pics) / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / Appointments:uproar As Buhari Favours Northeners -PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 28, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari’s appointment, yesterday, of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, his Chief of Staff and four others was greeted by angry reactions as some described it as lopsided and sectional.

Same sentiments were expressed with the president’s earlier appointments.

President Buhari, yesterday appointed, his long time political associate, Engr. David Lawal as Secretary to the Government of the Federation and former banker, Alhaji Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff.

The appointments went against the grain of political permutations which had seen some key political figures being mentioned as likely appointees to the coveted offices.

Col. Hameed Ali (retd.), who had acted as chief of staff to Buhari in his private capacity and as presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, was named Comptroller-General of Customs in a key indication of the President’s yet-to-be unveiled agenda for the service. Ali was a former military administrator of Kaduna State, and was in the Military Police as a soldier before his retirement.

Also appointed, yesterday, were Mr. Kure Martin Abeshi as Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Immigration Service; Senator Ita Enang as Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate) and Hon. Suleiman Kawu as Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives).

The appointments which were announced by Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity were with immediate effect.

Lawal, the new SGF, hails from Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State. He graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1979 with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, and worked with the Delta Steel Company, Aladja, Nigerian External Telecommunications Limited and Data Sciences Limited before establishing his ICT and Telecommunications consulting firm in 1990.

He is also a member of the Nigeria Computer Society, the Nigeria Society of Engineers and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria.

Lawal is the national vice-chairman, north-east of the APC and is one of the closest associates of the president. He was helpful in mobilising support for the President and ensuring key victories for him in the north-east especially in Adamawa State.

As a pastor, he was also helpful in winning support for the President among the Christian population in the north.

Chief of Staff, Kyari

Alhaji Abba Kyari, the new Chief of Staff to the President, holds Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Law and Sociology from the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick. He worked with the New Nigeria Development Company, New Africa Holdings, African International Bank, United Bank for Africa, Unilever, and Mobil in various capacities over the years. He hails from Borno State in the north-east of the country.

Ali, Customs CG

The new Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Ali holds Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Criminology. He was military administrator of Kaduna State.

A disciplinarian, he has in recent years acted as chief of staff to Buhari. There had been much expectation that Ali would be appointed into the position of Chief of Staff but his deployment to the Customs could be reflective of the president’s reported determination to clean the sector of corruption.

The new Comptroller- General of Immigration, Mr. Abeshi hails from Nasarawa State. He joined the Nigerian Immigration Service in 1989 as an Assistant Comptroller. His educational qualifications include a Master’s degree in Public Administration.

Enang, SSA on NASS Matters (Senate)

Senator Enang is the immediate past Chairman, Rules and Business Committee of the 7th Senate of the National Assembly. He hails from Akwa Ibom State. Until the last general election in March and April, he was a staunch member of the then ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, now in the opposition. He recently decamped to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Kawu, SSA on NASS Matters (House of Reps)

Kawu was a vibrant member of the 7th House of Representatives. He hails from Kano State and is a staunch member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Ezeife, Tsav, ACF youths blast Buhari

Meanwhile, angry reactions, yesterday, greeted the latest appointments by President Buhari.

Most expressed their displeasure at what they described as lopsided nature of the appointments, stating that it was purely sectional.

Appointment lopsided—Shettima, President, Arewa Youths

President, Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, said the appointment is seen to be lopsided.

Shettima said: “It is unfortunate the way the situation is, because one becomes worried. We must be seen to be nationalistic than being sectionalised. I am beginning to feel uncomfortable because the complaint is that the appointments are seen to be lopsided. I also do not think that is the intention of the government. However, no matter how we pretend, the reality is that things are not done in the right way.”

He, however, said “the government should be seen to be more nationalistic than sectionalised. If we truly believe in true federalism and federal character, it should go round. We cannot say that a particular area has the best brains in the country. I think the government should look into that area thoroughly in as much as the President has good intentions.”

South-East marginalised — Ezeife

In his reaction, former Governor of Anambra State, Chief Chukwumeka Ezeife, said the new appointments have marginalised the South-East.

He said: “I do not know the rationale behind those appointments. No South-East person is in those appointments. So I am not interested.”

It’s wrong to be sectional in choice of appointees —Tsav

Also speaking, a retired Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abubakar Tsav said: “I see the appointments as lopsided. Nigeria is too big to have majority of the appointees from one section of the country. We have competent people in every part of Nigeria. For that reason, he (Buhari) should spread the appointments to every part of Nigeria.

“If he (Buhari) is looking for honest people, there are honest people in every part of Nigeria, just as we have dishonest people in every part. Most Nigerians voted for him, even those who did not vote for him are his subjects and he is bound to carry every one along.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/uproar-as-buhari-appoints-sgf-chief-of-staff-others/#sthash.oRv8h637.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by flowfury(m): 3:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Bubu wan turn dictator ni

4 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by erunz(m): 3:32am On Aug 28, 2015
No one should complain be wen we wailed they told us buhari's appointment is based on competence. So the northerners are more competent, lol.

wen buhari also talked abt his 95% voters we tried to correct him, but some people were busy defending him. But today come to think of it apart how many percent vote did south gave to buhari. So the 95% theory is still very much in use.
no one should cry especially my people from south west.

meanwhile we are still counting down to buhari #100WastedDays

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by tucky200(m): 3:36am On Aug 28, 2015
Still remember clearly when south westerners were 2% under jonathan's regime,no murrafvcker came out to spew trash then

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Pavore9: 3:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Every region must be represented and none sidelined as we all collectively own the Country

9 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Duru009(m): 3:39am On Aug 28, 2015
Its a pure dictator and a tribalist.......

24 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Flets: 3:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Competency and integrity can only be found in the north - Buhari

The resources required to fund a united Nigeria can only be sourced from the south - ACF

Buhari has successfully set the path for the balkanization of Nigeria.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by TRUTHTOPOWER: 3:44am On Aug 28, 2015
If you look at ethnicity of those appointed you will see permissible pattern of federal character. The appointees are from minorities of north and south, groups that Nigerian majority Ethnic groups have been ignoring since 1914. Be assured, every state will be represented!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by IAMTHEHERO: 3:47am On Aug 28, 2015
lf you check people that complained, even some of the northerners are not in support. But what marvelled me is one particular tribe refuses to condemn it. Even,when you are slaves,did they say you should not talk? Last time l checked,Buhari has not removed freedom of speech.

79 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by okosodo: 4:24am On Aug 28, 2015
I saw it in his body movements, but the zombies that filled were reciting one word, change! Change indeed

13 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 28, 2015
erunz:
No one should complain be wen we wailed they told us buhari's appointment is based on competence. So the northerners are more competent, lol.

wen buhari also talked abt his 95% voters we tried to correct him, but some people were busy defending him. But today come to think of it apart how many percent vote did south gave to buhari. So the 95% theory is still very much in use.
no one should cry especially my people from south west.

meanwhile we are still counting down to buhari #100WastedDays
It is only people who have sold their soul to devil that will overlook Buhari's tribal bigotry and dictatorial tendencies. His actions are simply indefensible. At this point, the few Southerners that have been appointed so far should resign immediately.

Meanwhile, where is Barcanista? I'm worried because if he continues to be out of circulation, then we may have to ask questions of the current regime

34 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by OtunbaJega: 5:32am On Aug 28, 2015
Wailers gon wail anyways...

Who give a damn about them

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Vivalavida99(f): 5:55am On Aug 28, 2015
undecided

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by PedroJP(m): 6:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Northerners are even coming out boldly to condemn this appointments and my West folks are still being hypocrites. What a shame !

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dey laugh...

5 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by efilefun(m): 6:55am On Aug 28, 2015
Was that what Jonathan was also planning to do in his time?

1. NIMET~Dr. Anthony Anuforom

2.NNPC~Eng. Andrew Yakubu

3.NIMASA~Patrick Apobolokemi

4.PENCOM~Mrs. Chinelo Anohu Amazu

5.FERMA~Engr. Chukwu Amuchi

6.DPR~Mr. George Osahon

7.Bank Of Industry~Ms. Evelyn Oputu

8.Nigerian Content Dev. Agency~Ernest Nwanpa

9.Consumer Protection Agency~Mrs Dupe Atoki

10.NCC~Engr. Eugene Juwa

11.NAMA~Engr. Nnamdi Udoh

12.NCAA~Engr. Akikuotu

13.FAAN~George
Uriesi

14.NCAT~Capt. Chinere Kalu

15.SEC~Aruma Otteh

16.Sovereign Wealth Fund~Uche Orji

17.NAFDAC~Dr Paul Orhil

18.FIIRO~Dr. Mrs. G. N Elemo

19.Maritime Academy Of Nigeria~Oron Joshua Okpo

20.Railway Corporation~Eng. Seyi Sijuwade

21.Nigerian Touri
sm Dev. Corporation~Mrs. Sally Mbanefoh

22.Budget Office Of The Federation~Dr Bright Okogwu

23.NERDC~Prof Godswill Obioma

24.NEXIM~Mr R. R Orya

25.Standard Organization Of Nigeria~Dr Joseph Odumodu

26.Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation~Emeka Nkem Mba

27.Industrial Training Fund~Prof. Longmas Wapmuk

28.National University Commission~Prof. Okojie

29.NESREA~Mrs. N.S Benebo 30.MDG Office~Dr. Precious Gbenio

31.Surveyor General Of The Federation~Peter Chigozie

32.Statistician General Of The Federation~Dr. Yemi Kale

33.Accountant General Of The Federation~Mr. Jonah Otunla

34.Auditor General Of The Federation~Samuel Yonongo Ukura

35.National Orientation Agency~Mike Omieri

36.News Agency Of Nigeria~Oluremi Oyo Oluremi Oyo was replaced by Ima Niboro....from the South South.

37.NEPC E/S David I Adelugba

38.NEPZA~Mr. Olugbenga Kuye 39.BPP~Engr Emeka Ezeh

40.Niger Delta Ministry-Orubebe, etc...

Credit to 'kazim' on Facebook.

Continue to dey cry

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by eyeview: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2015
tucky200:
Still remember clearly when south westerners were 2% under jonathan's regime,no murrafvcker came out to spew trash then

And the south west are still 2% under buhari. So who's the perpetual loser?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Tunjasko(m): 6:59am On Aug 28, 2015
Did change z a scam sha....#DullardDinho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by eyeview: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2015
PedroJP:
Northerners are even coming out boldly to condemn this appointments and my West folks are still being hypocrites. What a shame !
The south westerners are too ashamed to accept the truth so they prefer to be hypocrites about it.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by LagosBoi2(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2015
I notice that there is uproar anytime PMB makes an appointment, He still has over 5000 appointments to make, I will support him to put his loyalists in key positions because that is actually what will make his government successful

Whatever he does that the opposition is against including MEN from the north (APC) where he comes from, I believe they are mostly disappointed because PMB did not reflect their interest, some are pained more because of their personal interest.

God Bless Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by EastLebanon(m): 7:44am On Aug 28, 2015
My sophisicated neigbour that has been shouting CHANGE since last year is now dumbfounded,he doesn't talk to me anymore.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by M4gunners: 7:53am On Aug 28, 2015
PedroJP:
That is to show you how dip some broom carrying West folks party members has been brainwashed.

7 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by M4gunners: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2015
EastLebanon:
My sophisicated neigbour that has been shouting CHANGE since last year is now dumbfounded,he doesn't talk to me anymore.
Don't fail to greet him / her whenever you both sees each other. The shame will remain in his / her face.

17 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by 175(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Since federal character is no longer important, I
respectfully urge the Federal government to throw
open admissions into federal universities and
unity school s. Let candidates who scored the
cut off marks be given automatic admission
irrespective of their states of Origin
Again, let recruitment into the federal civil
service be strictly on merit and let's see who
controls the civil service of the federation.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by vladimiros: 8:09am On Aug 28, 2015
proudly 5% ..represent.
i did nit vote for him. so i dont expect anything. but the f oolz from d south who voted..
LOL

18 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by chesterlee(m): 8:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Buhari is an unrepentant Bigot!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by youngeagle(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2015
My anger is about some set of people coming on TV to say the president knows what he is doing.....why are some Nigerian so dumb even to say the truth...I hve this feelings that this man cares little abt the Unity of the country.

8 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by arabbunkum: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Those who didn't envisage this are myopic. A leopard can never change it's spots.

10 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Yorubas , y'all have been conned

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by ahckmedkosy(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2015
We said it and they said don't worry, Buhari is a man of integrity. Ok oo. It's late for all these wailings. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Buhari..King in the North.
Tinubu... The man to be blamed

3 Likes

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Political appointees do not bring development to your region.

Let Nigerians get that into their minds.....or let us just accept that we really do not want true federalism.

The way Nigerians view political appointments is very retrogressive. A political appointment is not meant to bring the national cake closer to you and your tribespeople. An appointment is meant to do a specific job....and to do it well. Thus...Buhari's new chief of staff, for example, is supposed to be just that....his chief of staff. He is not meant to be the one who will be dashing money to his people.

You know.....whether Buhari appoints all Northerners or all Southerners does not bother me now. It did ten years ago....but not now. Because....I am supposed to have my governors, and my LG chairmen....who are from my state and region...and who are meant to do the job i voted them for.....which is to work to bring development for my region.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard by sammyj: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Story story. As if those appointed from other zones will bring developments and foods to their regions. However, my questions to those fighting for the politicians who want to drain this country of it's common wealth is if they can you appoint their enemies or those they don't trust as their personal assistant or close allies ? cool tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Tinubu Free Zakzaky': Shia Muslims Protest In Lagos Over Zakzaky's Detention / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Tinubu And Osinbajo: The True Story Of How They Met - Bayo Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.