Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

Success God’s Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Success God’s Way (331 Views)

Fasting God’s Way: See What The Bible Says / Interfaith—is It God’s Way? / Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Success God’s Way by yommyuk: 5:34am On Aug 28, 2015
What causes some people to fail and others to achieve their goals? One theory is that background, education, and ability are the main factors. But why, then, do we hear stories of victory achieved by people who have come from difficult backgrounds, struggled with disabilities, or had little instruction? Surely, something else determines whether we accomplish our objectives.

Contrary to the word’s common definition—which usually involves fame, fortune, or power—true success means becoming the people God wants us to be and reaching the goals He has set for our lives. Hebrews 12:1 offers His perspective on this: “Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”

Here, we see the keys to success. First, it is important to find encouragement from the lives of other believers who have seen Christ’s faithfulness and followed His direction. Next, we should get rid of anything that holds us back from obeying God. Finally, we are to persevere, even through difficult or discouraging times. Today’s passage answers our original question: We achieve success only by relying on Jesus for guidance and strength.

God has a wonderful plan for blessing and fulfilment in your life, and part of His plan is that you live with purpose and perseverance. The Father’s guidance will become clearer as you read His Word, pray for direction, and seek godly counsel. Does your definition of success for your life match the good plan God has for you?

Proverbs 3:1-4
My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.

Joshua 1:5-9
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

JESUS: Truth Or False? / God Will Show Up / Be Your Own Healer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.