Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,920 members, 7,824,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments (563 Views)

Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by danduchi(m): 6:03am On Aug 28, 2015
Nigerians reacted to the appointment of Pres Buhari that consisted mainly of Northern appointees. Read Tweets

Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by VickJames(m): 6:04am On Aug 28, 2015
Okay
Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by danduchi(m): 6:04am On Aug 28, 2015
More tweets...

Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 28, 2015
I dey laugh kikiki smiley smiley
Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by princeuj2015(m): 6:11am On Aug 28, 2015
Government of the Notherners by the Notherners and for the Notherners!!
Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 28, 2015
The retired General is just warming up and you " guys" are fuming, wait till he's settled then you'all criers will converge fully.

The battle of Nigeria .......North vs South........ Keep watching ....it's ONNNN!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by ARKdiscloser7(m): 6:21am On Aug 28, 2015
Even the Northern elders are not comfortable with Buhari's latest appointment which is obviously and visibly lopsided.

Read what the president of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, have to say about the appointment.

Shettima said: “It is unfortunate the way the situation is, because one becomes worried. We must be seen to be nationalistic than being sectionalised. I am beginning to feel uncomfortable because the complaint is that the appointments are seen to be lopsided. I also do not think that is the intention of the government. However, no matter how we pretend, the reality is that things are not done in the right way.”
He, however, said “the government should be seen to be more nationalistic than sectionalised. If we truly believe in true federalism and federal character, it should go round. We cannot say that a particular area has the best brains in the country. I think the government should look into that area thoroughly in as much as the President has good intentions.”

Read what a Northern retired Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abubakar Tsav said: “I see the appointments as lopsided. Nigeria is too big to have majority of the appointees from one section of the country.  We have competent people in every part of Nigeria. For that reason, he (Buhari) should spread the appointments to every part of Nigeria.
“If he  (Buhari) is looking for honest people, there are honest people in every part of Nigeria, just as we have dishonest people in every part. Most Nigerians voted for him, even those who did not vote for him are his subjects and he is bound to carry every one along.”
Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by disloman(m): 6:24am On Aug 28, 2015
princeuj2015:
Government of the Notherners by the Notherners and for the Notherners!!
N I've bn enjoying light n having hope that this country will b great again.I'm cool with d northerner's govt.
Re: Nigerians React To Pres Buhari's Northern Appointments by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 28, 2015
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Naf Aircraft / Photo Of The Day: Residents Cheer As Governor Fayose Drives A Tipper Lorry In Ek / Dangote Meets Mugabe On Investment Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.