Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is Buhari A Disappointment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari A Disappointment? (928 Views)

Femi Aribisala Asks Zahra Buhari A Question Over Aso Rock Clinic Statement / Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / Lere Olayinka Writes Buhari A Letter Over Bola Ige's Reopened Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari A Disappointment? by laidetrends(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2015
I was reading news this morning and I saw the trending topic was BUHARI NORTHERNERS APPOINTMENT. For me I think the man is appointing those he thinks will fit in for the position. What is your opinion?
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 28, 2015
u no knw?
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by HungerBAD: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2015
I am on the Sideline on this.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by adebayo10977(m): 6:53am On Aug 28, 2015
though is trying to appoint saint person but the question is?is it only d northerner way b saint.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by buzquet(m): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2015
Buhari is only disappointment to haters. In Buhari, I trust
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by nusta(m): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2015
He is a disappointment to those that expected political favour from him and have not gotten any but to those that are benefitting from his government, he is not.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by fulanimafia: 6:56am On Aug 28, 2015
I know it might be difficult to react this post objectively because of my moniker, but try.

What exactly was your desired output when you voted for PMB?

Was it a government that will deliver effective transparent, reformative and responsible governance; that will ultimately improve the fortunes of Nigeria and Nigerians while upholding the tenets of accountability, discipline and anti-corruption...

Or

A government which is politically correct that plays by the exact same rules other failed administrations played?

If your answer is the latter, then I believe you should be very disappointed. As for me his appointments do not hinder achieving the former, but helps instead.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by laidetrends(m): 6:57am On Aug 28, 2015
nusta:
He is a disappointment to those that expected political favour from him and have not gotten any but to those that are benefitting from his government, he is not.

I love your point bro.........not to us jare
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by ChappyChase: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2015
Let the Yorubas that voted for him come and Answer that question!

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by chernest2002: 7:12am On Aug 28, 2015
I am not disappointed i know from march 28 that we have make a wrong choice.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2015
laidetrends:
I was reading news this morning and I saw the trending topic was BUHARI NORTHERNERS APPOINTMENT. For me I think the man is appointing those he thinks will fit in for the position. What is your opinion?
He seems to be surprising everyone with his appointments. Many expected amaechi or fashola to be chief of staff or ssg. I think Nigerians should try and understand the fact that he needs capable hands he can trust even if it has to be from his region. You can't simply appoint someone from another region u know is not capable enough all because you want to please a particular region. Let's wait and see if after 4yrs, its all probing he does. God bless Our Country

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by ChappyChase: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2015
fulanimafia:
I know it might be difficult to react this post objectively because of my moniker, but try.

What exactly was your desired output when you voted for PMB?

Was it a government that will deliver effective transparent, reformative and responsible governance; that will ultimately improve the fortunes of Nigeria and Nigerians while upholding the tenets of accountability, discipline and anti-corruption...

Or

A government which is politically correct that plays by the exact same rules other failed administrations played?

If your answer is the latter, then I believe you should be very disappointed. As for me his appointments do not hinder achieving the former, but helps instead.
Okay, if Buhari was a southerner and appointing his kinsmen, would you have been this optimistic that he will deliver?

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by Sweetguy25: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2015
A typical Hausa/Fulani rarely associate with people outside their tribe. I'm not disappointed in Buhari, he's acting to my expectations.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by zendy: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2015
Buhari was disappointment long before he ever got elected. Besides being a successful coup plotter, the man never achieved anything in his life before he got elected

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by M4gunners: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2015
laidetrends:
Don't insult our integrity dear.Do you mean no south west or south south are fit for the position?
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by hassan85(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2015
wat disappointments? how about Gej government how many northerners??

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by M4gunners: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2015
officialarab:

He seems to be surprising everyone with his appointments. Many expected amaechi or fashola to be chief of staff or ssg. I think Nigerians should try and understand the fact that he needs capable hands he can trust even if it has to be from his region. You can't simply appoint someone from another region u know is not capable enough all because you want to please a particular region. Let's wait and see if after 4yrs, its all probing he does. God bless Our Country
So for this reason Amaechi and Fashola are only good in using them to win election you mean? Call a spade a spade. I hope nigerians can now open their eyes at least to see the direction we are heading to.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by fulanimafia: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2015
ChappyChase:

Okay, if Buhari was a southerner and appointing his kinsmen, would you have been this optimistic that he will deliver?

Yes. This is because I understand the capacity of the southerners to deliver is not tied to their ethnicity. Besides, most of those appointees are not his kinsmen, only two are H/F.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by fulanimafia: 7:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Sweetguy25:
A typical Hausa/Fulani rarely associate with people outside their tribe. I'm not disappointed in Buhari, he's acting to my expectations.

I'm a product of a Hausa-Fulani/Esan union and have relatives across the Niger, my birth certificate rubbishes your assertion.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by ewigmee: 7:42am On Aug 28, 2015
How will there be transparency & proper checks and balances if the northerners hood the affairs of the FG? If buhari doesn't have a trusted friend from other parts of the country after long service to the nation, then there is a big question mark to his personality.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by ChappyChase: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
fulanimafia:

Yes. This is because I understand the capacity of the southerners to deliver is not tied to their ethnicity. Besides, most of those appointees are not his kinsmen, only two are H/F.
Abegi make I hear word! You might be optimistic but trust me the wicked northerners would have stated killing people by now!
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2015
I am a strong Buhari Supporter. I like the fact that he is appointing people of Integrity. I know his limitation is the fact that he knows nothern people more personally than southerners. Thus he can vow for them more in terms of Integrity since that is very important to him.

However, I think he needs to search for people of integrity in the south. He need to do serious search in order to ensure balance. Appointing mostly notherners is not the best way to go. He may not have so much personal relationship with many southerners of integrity, he needs to search for them. He is the president of Nigeria. He should add it to his responsibility the search of people of integrity in the south.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by nusta(m): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2015
laidetrends:

I love your point bro.........not to us jare

But to be frank, his appointments so far is not politically balanced. He should observe the spirit of federal character. Other regions of the federation should be carried along in appointments so as to give them a sense of belonging.
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by fulanimafia: 8:09am On Aug 28, 2015
ChappyChase:

Abegi make I hear word! You might be optimistic but trust me the wicked northerners would have stated killing people by now!

Unfortunately you might be right, but if they did not kill when GEJ's cabinet was FULL of southerners and Asari Dokubo and co. were calling them born troway, parasites (though they feed the nation) and all sorts of insults, why would they kill now?
Re: Is Buhari A Disappointment? by laidetrends(m): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2015
M4gunners:
Don't insult our integrity dear.Do you mean no south west or south south are fit for the position?

No! It will be better if the southerners are in charge of the administrative aspect of his government...........What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

The Edos And Political Renaissance / I Left $287 Billion Abacha Loot In Treasury – Obasanjo / Now That Buhari Cannot Keep To His Own Calender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.