Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Please How Can I Deal With Tenants Who Are Not Paying Rent - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please How Can I Deal With Tenants Who Are Not Paying Rent (3683 Views)

Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Please How Can I Deal With Tenants Who Are Not Paying Rent by millhouse: 11:50am On Aug 07, 2016
Had a similar experience with my tenants in warri. They refused to pay and telling stories to pack out.. Just went there during raining season with workmen and removed the whole roof of the building.. Omo them quickly find their level

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Deal With Tenants Who Are Not Paying Rent by Miscellaneous(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
millhouse:
Had a similar experience with my tenants in warri. They refused to pay and telling stories to pack out.. Just went there during raining season with workmen and removed the whole roof of the building.. Omo them quickly find their level

lol..... I don laff tire.
Re: Please How Can I Deal With Tenants Who Are Not Paying Rent by Blessingmoyo: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
PearlStreet:

There are two things involved. Either way, you spend money.

Legally, they are entitled to six months quit notice. If in breach of that or the notice is improperly drafted, the client would stay in your house for free till the landlord's legal team get their acts together to evict him.

There is the 'other' way too. This costs money, but is faster. This was what the FG used to eject tenants at FG properties on the island durin the monetization era.

Inform your tenants of your plan to repossess your property for renovation purposes but give them some time to leave.
The most stubborn of the tenants should be treated as described below. The others would quickly leave.

At the agreed time, get some boys to do the eviction for you. Get some soldiers on standby to monitor the situation. But before that, go to the nearest police station to 'inform' them ($£).
Once the tenants on the property hv been cleared, get a carpenter to either remove the doors or change the locks.
Then, warn the tenants that anyone found on the property would be treated as thief.

Say I'm breaking the law, but even the FG toed the same line. After all, the Court can't say the tenant should go back to my house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 bedroom duplex well designed / 30 Room Private Hostel For Sale In Delta State UnI Abraka.SOLD!SOLD!!SOLD!!! / Properties For Sales In Ilorin Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.