Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Extortion At The Nigerian Airports - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Extortion At The Nigerian Airports (619 Views)

Ten Of The Most Nagging Features Of Nigerian Airports / The Unpalatable Extortion In Port Harcourt Mall Where 4 Tomatoes Is 1881 #photos / Outrageous Students Extortion At Lagos State Technical College, Ado Soba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extortion At The Nigerian Airports by doplove(m): 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'm really ashamed at the rate at which everybody at the airport is asking about what you have for them, from the police officers at the entrance to the NAHCO staffs. Whenever I meet colleagues from other countries, the first thing they will say to me is "wetin you get for me". I'll always react in such a manner as to what that meant and I hear barrage of begging at the airports. I feel demeaned knowing that this is all about my people. One told me that there is this laxative chocolate sold in his country and he buys it always on purpose to give to the people at Nigeria airport. This chocolate gives instant bowel movement when taken, most times he'll observe the guys take it and shortly rush to the restroom. I ones was travelling and the lady asked me wetin I get for am, I really didn't have any money but a N10 bill and when I gave it to her she vehemently refuse and asked me "wetin be this?".

My concern is that we need to let the right authorities know about this decay as it happens at our gateways which is actually what foreigners see first.
Re: Extortion At The Nigerian Airports by osytex: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
It's really tough and has eaten deep..
Re: Extortion At The Nigerian Airports by iliyande(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Shameful
Re: Extortion At The Nigerian Airports by menix(m): 12:31am On Aug 29, 2015
Sincerely it's appalling.

Pls ask ur fwend d name of that chocolate cous it would b a nice gift to them.

(1) (Reply)

Karma Is Really A Bitch / 13 Tech Ipos Compared: How Much A $10,000 Investment Would Be Worth Today / Nairaland Rated 8th Website In Nigeria By Alexa.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.