Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai (730 Views)

Presidency Blasts Galadima, Says Buhari Won't Be Alone In 2019 / Buhari Won't Sign Budget Unless National Assembly Provides Details / Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by idgerrard(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2015
Do you share the view that the probe embarked upon by President Buhari will hamper development?
I don’t share such view.
So you are saying he should continue with the probes?
You see, when you arrest armed robbers and take them to court, you are wasting money and time by trying them in the court, but you are saving the society because by the time they are convicted or executed, so many citizens will see it as deterrent. I have no quarrel against probe. Nobody is saying there is no corruption in Nigeria. Nobody is saying that. You have never heard anybody saying that there was no corruption during the era of Jonathan. There was corruption before Jonathan. What is worrying me is that Buhari is aware of the report of the Farouk Lawan committee on fuel subsidy, but he is not going to investigate it because the power issue has affected some of Obasanjo’s friends. You don’t do that; because of one individual, you ignore the interest of the country.
Are you saying Buhari will do anything or refuse to do some things to protect Obasanjo’s interests?
Did you hear him say he was going to visit the report? The report has not been acted upon till today.
May be because the report was not put together under him.
Yes, it wasn’t done under him, but it was part of corruption in Nigeria and he came to fight corruption.
So he should visit all past reports?
Exactly! So what reason is he going to adduce because the reports are in public domain – that companies, not one, not two, not three, were paid up-front. To ignore that, in my opinion, is a heinous crime.
But how do you think former President Goodluck Jonathan fared in fighting corruption?
I don’t think he fought corruption very well but he did the little he could do. But if you remember some of the suspects that were recently taken to court, their cases started under his administration.
But there is also the general belief that the administration stopped the various anti-corruption agencies from going ahead with the prosecution.
I cannot quarrel with anybody because he has a belief. I have my view, you have your own. People are free to have their view. That is democracy. That is the difference between those of us who have the democracy culture in us and those of you who survived under the military era and because of that, you don’t have respect for the opinion for others.
President Buhari recently appointed former President Olusegun Obasanjo as a special envoy to Guinea Bissau, do you see that as part of compensation for the support Obasanjo gave to Buhari during the election?
It is not secret that Obasanjo supported his candidature. You cannot stop Nigerians from thinking that. One good thing turn deserves another. There is nothing wrong with that because he definitely benefitted from Obasanjo, so if he uses his power to make Obasanjo also benefit, that is all well and good.
On insurgency, the President has been making certain moves such as strengthening international ties. What is your assessment of his approach to fighting insurgency so far?
Don’t forget that this collaboration with international communities started with Jonathan. When the United States of America wanted to fight Al Qaeda after September 11, they had to structure international alliance, to fight Al Qaeda and Taliban. They had to bring in international coalition; they had to bring in Britain, France, Germany, Australia, Canada and many other countries into that coalition to fight. Insurgency now is no longer limited to one country. The one in Nigeria, Boko Haram, its origin came about wayback in 1980 with Maitatsine. When Maitatsine insurgency started, the police started fighting them, but they overpowered the police. The police admitted that they could not cope. So they told the then Governor of Kano State, Governor Abubakar Rimi of the People’s Redemption Party, who was an enemy of Shagari, but he realised that without the support of Shagari, he could not subdue them. He went to Shagari to beg him to send troops and Shagari agreed. The troops fought the Maitatsine for about four weeks before they were able to dislodge the terrorists. And in the process, those of them who were not captured or killed escaped to the North-East and spread themselves. By its training, its disciples were not begging, they were told to go and learn any menial jobs, maybe by selling biscuits, cigarette, Coca Cola and all that. So they went to mainly three states in the North East – Adamawa, Borno and Yobe. They re-emerged in the year 2002 in Yobe. They staged uprising and they were arrested and brought to Abuja here. That was during Obasanjo. Obasanjo was three years in power then. The media called them the Nigerian Taliban.http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/buhari-wont-act-on-the-power-sector-report-because-of-obasanjos-interest-yakassai/
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by sirbegojay(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2015
Nna eh.....
Nawa ooooo
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by martyns303(m): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2015
In case you have not noticed, Buhari has not been playing according to the tune. The man is surprising people left, right and center.
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 29, 2015
order for authentic football jerseys. free delivery within Lagos call or WhatsApp 07063451856

www.nairaland.com/2559399/authentic-football-jerseys-customizing-affordable
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2015
LoL. This is mere Speculation. Buhari will soon surprise una. Remember; 'I'm for everybody and I'm for nobody ' ... That's how we roll baabe! cool
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by stillchris: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
LoL. This is mere Speculation. Buhari will soon surprise una. Remember; 'I'm for everybody and I'm for nobody ' ... That's how we roll baabe! cool

keep deceiving yasef.
una don enter one chancegrin.
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2015
stillchris:

keep deceiving yasef. una don enter one chancegrin.
Do you expect me to start crying and cursing I think I know better ; Naija doesn't deserve my single teardrop ! grin Ima jes keep calm, stay sanguine and sort myself out cool
Re: Buhari Won't Act On Power Report Because Of Obasanjo Interest-yankassai by amuwo1980: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari corruption fighter my foot, this is a tragedy

(1) (Reply)

Ministers We Want: Nigerians Speak As Buhari Unveils New FEC September / Abia Tribunal: Update Of 3rd September 2015 / 100 Blunders Of Gov. Nyeson Wike Of Riv. State In His 100days In Office!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.