Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones (560 Views)

FG Draws 3-year Plan For Major Roads In Six Geopolitical Zones / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by jarkbauer: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2015
Most people who see nothing wrong in Buhari's pattern of appointments are not being sincere with themselves.
In as much as what really matter are competence and performance, one can not ignore the fact that most Nigerians see themselves first as their tribes before being Nigerians.
I can not doubt nor confirm the competence of those appointed but I know tribal interests will play a role in these aspects

1 Their immediate staff
2 Recruitment into the agencies they head

Now Fast forward to 2019 you will likely have more new employee from one section of the country than others.

Gone are the days when you go to a govt agency and you will not see a single person in suit, they are all in Jalabias
Gone are the days after Network News On NTA from the newscaster to the messenger is either mohammed or aisha or umar or farouk or even a Buhari
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by INTROVERT(f): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by YungMike(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by dayo23(f): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2015
Simply tell me during GEJ administration who was the SGF and COS?
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by 0luwatope(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by OfoIgbo: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2015
dayo23:

....and the NSA and the chief of defence staff and the comptroller of Immigration during GEJ's administration?
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 29, 2015
Change is here abeg!
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:24am On Aug 29, 2015
dayo23:

Are those the only two posts filled so far?
Re: Why Buhari Must Spread His Appointments Across All Geopolitical Zones by Happiness87(f): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2015
jarkbauer:
Most people who see nothing wrong in Buhari's pattern of appointments are not being sincere with themselves.
In as much as what really matter are competence and performance, one can not ignore the fact that most Nigerians see themselves first as their tribes before being Nigerians.
I can not doubt nor confirm the competence of those appointed but I know tribal interests will play a role in these aspects

1 Their immediate staff
2 Recruitment into the agencies they head

Now Fast forward to 2019 you will likely have more new employee from one section of the country than others.

Gone are the days when you go to a govt agency and you will not see a single person in suit, they are all in Jalabias
Gone are the days after Network News On NTA from the newscaster to the messenger is either mohammed or aisha or umar or farouk or even a Buhari
I thought only igbos are wailers, now Yorubas are struggling for the title, hahaha

Jonathan, Madueke, CSO Obuah In Trouble Over $6.9million ‘mobile Stage’ Scandal / Sealable Nylon And Rice Packaging Sacks Needed / Abuja, Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa To Receive Free Pre-paid Meters