Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA (22385 Views)

National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness / Nigerians Will Experience Better Times Soon – Lai Mohammed / Total Darkness In The World For 15 Days As Said By Nasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
Once I read " according to the report October 26 2015".. I knew u dey yarn okpas for here.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Venus007(f): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
No no no. Venus is a peaceful planet. She'l never hurt her sister planet. cry
RobinHez:
lool...ya planet wants to blind the earth yh?
anyways, i believe you. grin
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by musicwriter(m): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Joking. Right?.

If the sun's temperature increase by 9,000 times, then within 8 minutes earth's temperature will shoot up accordingly. Oceans and rivers will boil, and human life as we know it will come to an end within said 14 days.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
nobilis:
Is not about the news source. It is about how credible that news source is.

Why hasn't the news been carried by CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, and other reputable news agencies.

This story is not even on NASA website.

This is a mighty hoax and it is the kind of story that Christians like. On a normal day, they would have flooded this thread shouting about the end of time. I wonder where they are today.

And the worst part is that some people are already believing it without asking questions.

First and foremost, Jupiter and Venus are very far apart. They are about 0.634 billion(0.634 x 109) kilometres apart when they are on the same side of the Sun. Not to talk of when they are on opposite sides of the Sun.
Their orbits are not anywhere close to each other.

The orbit of Venus is fairly circular with the Sun at the centre and at the point when it is closest to the Sun,its distance from the Sun is is about 0.107 billion kilometres.
Jupiter's orbit is elliptical with the sun at the centre and at the point where it is closest to the Sun, its distance from the Sun is about 0.741 billion kilometres. So at the point where they are both closest to the Sun(which, logically, is the point where they both are closest to each other), they are still 0.634 billion kilometres apart.

And Venus and Jupiter are separated by two other planets: Earth and Mars.
So, OP, there is no way Venus can get close enough to Jupiter to cause the reaction you're talking of.

Secondly, the Sun is made up of hydrogen gas (75%). And coming in contact with hydrogen gas from any other source will not have any negative effect on the reaction processes already going on in the Sun.

Thirdly, u said that the Sun, after the reactions will return to being a Red Giant. Meaning that the Sun is already a Red Giant. But that is very false. Our sun is not even a giant. Our sun is a dwarf. A Yellow Dwarf. And before the sun turns into a Red Giant, it will not dim to a bluish colour, like u said.
No.
The Sun will become hotter and even burn brighter than it is today and the Earth will become very hot (i.e. As hot as Venus is today). Then the Sun will double in size and metamorphose into a Red Giant. And this process takes a very long time. In fact, according to scientific calculations, the Sun will become a red giant about 5.4 billion years from now.

So, OP, stop posting Fake News.
What are you? grin
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by magicalx(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
I have dreamt about this, I was driving and suddenly everywhere became dark....
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
nobilis:

Please show me where science predicted when the universe will end. No scientist ever predicted when the universe will end. What we have are theories about how the universe will end (if it will), not when it will end.

U think the universe is just the Solar System?
5 billion years from now is when our Sun transforms itself from a Yellow Dwarf into a Red Giant and continues living for billions of years before undergoing another transformation.

Our Sun is just a tiny star compared to thousands of others in the Milky Way Galaxy. The Milky Way is just one out of the thousands of galaxies out there.

The Universe may never end.
It is apparently self-sustaining. Many changes occur in the constituent parts of the universe.
Planets change form.
Stars either grow or diminish and die.
Yet the universe lives.

I was right afterall...scientist predicts the end of the Universe to be in 5 billion years time! tongue

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/101027-science-space-universe-end-of-time-multiverse-inflation/

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19513-countdown-to-oblivion-why-time-itself-could-end/

http://m.phys.org/news/2010-10-billion-years-physicists.html
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2015
Too much weed is not good for scientists.
RobinHez:

I was right afterall...scientist predicts the end of the Universe to be in 5 billion years time! tongue

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/101027-science-space-universe-end-of-time-multiverse-inflation/

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19513-countdown-to-oblivion-why-time-itself-could-end/

the universe won't be ending in 5 trillion years either.

1 Like

Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Khd95(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2015
Dat was hw dy said earth will b destroyed in 2012.....

U all no d movie na
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by pazienza(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
If this is going to happen, be sure that it won't be revealed to the public, to avoid breakdown of order.

The elites would simply keep it to themselves and hoard all the food supplies for themselves and families.

My verdict is that this news is false, if it's true, we wouldn't hear of it.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Cooleasy(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
nobilis:
Is not about the news source. It is about how credible that news source is.

Why hasn't the news been carried by CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, and other reputable news agencies.

This story is not even on NASA website.

This is a mighty hoax and it is the kind of story that Christians like. On a normal day, they would have flooded this thread shouting about the end of time. I wonder where they are today.

And the worst part is that some people are already believing it without asking questions.

First and foremost, Jupiter and Venus are very far apart. They are about 0.634 billion(0.634 x 109) kilometres apart when they are on the same side of the Sun. Not to talk of when they are on opposite sides of the Sun.
Their orbits are not anywhere close to each other.

The orbit of Venus is fairly circular with the Sun at the centre and at the point when it is closest to the Sun,its distance from the Sun is is about 0.107 billion kilometres.
Jupiter's orbit is elliptical with the sun at the centre and at the point where it is closest to the Sun, its distance from the Sun is about 0.741 billion kilometres. So at the point where they are both closest to the Sun(which, logically, is the point where they both are closest to each other), they are still 0.634 billion kilometres apart.

And Venus and Jupiter are separated by two other planets: Earth and Mars.
So, OP, there is no way Venus can get close enough to Jupiter to cause the reaction you're talking of.

Secondly, the Sun is made up of hydrogen gas (75%). And coming in contact with hydrogen gas from any other source will not have any negative effect on the reaction processes already going on in the Sun.

Thirdly, u said that the Sun, after the reactions will return to being a Red Giant. Meaning that the Sun is already a Red Giant. But that is very false. Our sun is not even a giant. Our sun is a dwarf. A Yellow Dwarf. And before the sun turns into a Red Giant, it will not dim to a bluish colour, like u said.
No.
The Sun will become hotter and even burn brighter than it is today and the Earth will become very hot (i.e. As hot as Venus is today). Then the Sun will double in size and metamorphose into a Red Giant. And this process takes a very long time. In fact, according to scientific calculations, the Sun will become a red giant about 5.4 billion years from now.

So, OP, stop posting Fake News.
See how this one took the op to the cleaners.
I remember that last year it was predicted that there would be 3 days of darness in December. Remember the 2012 end of the world prediction which made some people to kill themselves and some others sold their things? Both dates came to pass and nothing happened.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
Too much weed is not good for scientists.the universe won't be ending in 5 trillion years either.
Why do u think so?
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
RobinHez:

Why do u think so?
every scenario that predicts the method in which the universe is to end can never take place 20 billion years.

Time cannot simply stop. It is a dimension. undecided if it stopped, then space would also vanish. shocked shocked

Now, why on earth would space spontaneously vanish?

That aside, the universe is ridiculously young. For crying out loud, we still have nebulas. Do you know what nebulas are? shocked star sperm. Bro. grin grin
Long after we are gone, millions of stars will still be yet to be born, and some of these unborn stars will last for over 5 billion years. Well over 5 billion.

That aside, tongue
God's body language at work. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
every scenario that predicts the method in which the universe is to end can never take place 20 billion years.

Time cannot simply stop. It is a dimension. undecided if it stopped, then space would also vanish. shocked shocked

Now, why on earth would space spontaneously vanish?

That aside, the universe is ridiculously young. For crying out loud, we still have nebulas. Do you know what nebulas are? shocked star sperm. Bro. grin grin
Long after we are gone, millions of stars will still be yet to be born, and some of these unborn stars will last for over 5 billion years. Well over 5 billion.

That aside, tongue
God's body language at work. grin grin

Bro..the moment u understand that Time is just an invention by man to explain Motion,,, u'll be open to so many thoughts.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Ijaya123: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
A: Absolutely not. Neither NASA nor any other scientific organization is predicting such a blackout. The false reports on this issue claim that some sort of "alignment of the Universe" will cause a blackout. There is no such alignment (see next question). Some versions of this rumor cite an emergency preparedness message from NASA Administrator Charles Bolden. This is simply a message encouraging people to be prepared for emergencies, recorded as part of a wider government preparedness campaign. It never mentions a blackout.

Q: Could planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One major alignment occurred in 1962, for example, and two others happened during 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

-Responses from the source
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by nobilis: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
RobinHez:

there are several theories, like I told you yesterday. and the theory that ur prediction is based upon is the theory of eternal inflation. so what happened to the other theories?
You just happened upon one of those theories and then decided to hold onto it to the exclusion of the others.

I wonder if you actually read that your last link.
Did you also read about the assumptions they had to make to arrive at their conclusions?

and did you also read where that same group of scientists said that they are not claiming that their conclusion was right.

U were right afterall in showing me where the end of time was predicted by a scientists. but still, there are other theories out there predicting contrary things and which are also as credible as the theory of eternal inflation.

I will advise you to read up on the Big Crunch, The Big Freeze, the Big Rip and the Big Bounce.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
nobilis:

there are several theories, like I told you yesterday. and the theory that ur prediction is based upon is the theory of eternal inflation. so what happened to the other theories?
You just happened upon one of those theories and then decided to hold onto it to the exclusion of the others.

I wonder if you actually read that your last link.
Did you also read about the assumptions they had to make to arrive at their conclusions?

and did you also read where that same group of scientists said that they are not claiming that their conclusion was right.

U were right afterall in showing me where the end of time was predicted by a scientists. but still, there are other theories out there predicting contrary things and which are also as credible as the theory of eternal inflation.

See there?

Let me not deviate from the main theme. You stated that CHRISTIANS where always quick to attribute any change in the Universe to the end of Time.

And I put it to u that "even scientists Predict (I was careful enough to use that word incase u'd miss it) the end of the Universe"

What do I mean? There's no difference between what the religious folks do and what the science folks do...!

So for the last time, Stop Picking On Christians!!!

#i rest my case.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by nobilis: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
RobinHez:

See there?

Let me not deviate from the main theme. You stated that CHRISTIANS where always quick to attribute any change in the Universe to the end of Time.

And I put it to u that "even scientists Predict (I was careful enough to use that word incase u'd miss it) the end of the Universe"

What do I mean? There's no difference between what the religious folks do and what the science folks do...!

So for the last time, Stop Picking On Christians!!!

#i rest my case.

Lol.
funny.
Are there no scientists who are Christians?
are there no scientists who reject the theory of evolution based on their religious leanings?

there is no consensus among scientists about how the universe will end so don't pick the theory of one scientist and project it over and above other theories as being the prediction of scientists.

I can come out and say that a car will have an accident tomorrow based on some certain sets of assumptions.
another person will come and say that the same car will have no accidents tomorrow based on another set of assumptions.
And u might favour the no accident prediction and then u start predicting it as the right prediction.
But that is very wrong.
which is the point I'm trying to make.

Any little thing that happens, Christians will start shouting end time things.
Red moon - end time (they wouldn't even want to know why the moon might appear red)
3 days darkness - end time
15 days darkness - end time
Nostradamus - end time.

Christians should learn how to question things. and ask questions about certain things. not just shout end time whenever an unusual thing happens or is predicted.

#BigCrunch
#BigFreeze
#BigRip
#BigBounce
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
RobinHez:

Bro..the moment u understand that Time is just an invention by man to explain Motion,,, u'll be open to so many thoughts.
very weak axiom, friend . . . Tsk tsk.
Time is a fundamental concept. Humans invented a way to measure it. But that doesn't change anything. Time is still time whether it is measured in seconds or minutes or not at all.
Humans also invented numbers to measure quantity. However, without numbers, quantity still exists.

A rose by any other name . . .
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
very weak axiom, friend . . . Tsk tsk.
Time is a fundamental concept. Humans invented a way to measure it. But that doesn't change anything. Time is still time whether it is measured in seconds or minutes or not at all.
Humans also invented numbers to measure quantity. However, without numbers, quantity still exists.

A rose by any other name . . .

Oh well...
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
nobilis:

Lol.
funny.
Are there no scientists who are Christians?
are there no scientists who reject the theory of evolution based on their religious leanings?

there is no consensus among scientists about how the universe will end so don't pick the theory of one scientist and project it over and above other theories as being the prediction of scientists.

I can come out and say that a car will have an accident tomorrow based on some certain sets of assumptions.
another person will come and say that the same car will have no accidents tomorrow based on another set of assumptions.
And u might favour the no accident prediction and then u start predicting it as the right prediction.
But that is very wrong.
which is the point I'm trying to make.

Any little thing that happens, Christians will start shouting end time things.
Red moon - end time (they wouldn't even want to know why the moon might appear red)
3 days darkness - end time
15 days darkness - end time
Nostradamus - end time.

Christians should learn how to question things. and ask questions about certain things. not just shout end time whenever an unusual thing happens or is predicted.

#BigCrunch
#BigFreeze
#BigRip
#BigBounce
Alright...
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
RobinHez:

Oh well...
2-1 cool
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
RobinHez:

undecided
grin grin

well, I did predict we would spend most of the time at loggerheads.

you ain't seen nothing yet. shocked
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by RobinHez(m): 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin
well, I did predict we would spend most of the time at loggerheads.
you ain't seen nothing yet. shocked
I wasn't in the mood for a debate tongue
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by suave558(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
BishopMagic:
15 days of darkness then expect:

1. Freezing conditions all over the earth within 48hrs.

2. Crops will die

3. Energy consumption will triple and the cost as well.

4. Anarchy and chaos all over major cities within one hour.

5. Govts will collapse within 24hrs.

aka ENDTIME IS FINALLY UPON US
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by andyanders: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2015
eagleeye2:
Nigeria is not part of Earth, so no biggie.

Nothing concern Nigeria as na only America that will experience that as these guys for 9ija wey dey stop rain go stop the darkness.How dem won sell block for naija? It must not happen hear.Na white man portion be that.
Re: Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA by TispyRichman: 5:25am On Sep 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi / EKSU Cult Killings: Fayose Places N1m Bounty On Culprits / President Buhari Makes Fresh Appointments In AMCON, NDIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.