Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA (46435 Views)

‘Gunmen’ Invade Adoke’s Brother’s House, Force Caretaker To Dig Ground For Money / Incredibly Accurate Predictions Ayodele Fayose Made In December 2015 / Fayose Appoints 72-yr Old Carpenter and illiterate As Council Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by FabioPeter: 4:08am On Aug 30, 2015
No problem with his age or what he does but what is his track record? His experience leading people/system.
Is he been appointed because it will appeal to majority who are poor?
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by rusher14: 4:33am On Aug 30, 2015
Does Fayose know caretaker isn't the same thing as undertaker?
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Sirneij(m): 4:36am On Aug 30, 2015
To aid ur fast reading about him,click on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari .Buhari has Masters in strategic studies!
atlwireles:

WHY NOT GOOGLE YOURSELF, THEN POST BUHARI CERTIFICATE FOR ALL TO SEE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. Plato
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Mboi: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Beremx:
Fayose appointed a 72years old man as a caretaker of a local government but he heavily criticized a 73years old man for becoming Nigeria's president. What an irony!

Hypocrisy is when TANoids hail Fayose for this and condemn President Muhammadu Buhari for the same thing.
When will APC start calling a spade a spade? Do you know what caretaker committee chairman of a Local govt means? Can u compare Local govt and federal? Go and read your book, olodo!
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by bigzic(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2015
Ok noted.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2015
AreaFada2:

What is upside down in it? Or you argue that we didn't contribute more to mankind in pre-colonial times than now? How many current innovations in Nigeria of 170 to 200 million are rated first class?

I have been to Museums in most Western European capital cities. Our contribution in the arts and governmental institutions of monarchy rival most contemporary civilisations. Did they have degrees to do it? No.

They were self-reliant, innovative and came up with techniques to produce things. The first white people who saw them thought they have been made by a more "superior race". So was it in Nubia/Sudan, Benin Empire, Oyo, Nri, Zimbabwe, Buganda (now in Uganda), Ngola (now in Angola), etc.

Fact is if Nigeria had been ruled by a bunch of illiterate Baale drawn from across the country since 1960, our situation won't be any worse than it is, Maybe even better.

Try and marry an illiterate and enjoy all the things you mentioned and don't also send your children to any school.

Do you agree with this? Or have you done it already?
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by AreaFada2: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Activa:

Try and marry an illiterate and enjoy all the things you mentioned and don't also send your children to any school.

Do you agree with this? Or have you done it already?
Many of our mothers and grandmothers didn't go to school. They didn't have the chance. Modern women have nothing on my grandma, not in business acumen or being a mother or wife. I know many illiterate wives still better than many who use time at school to become whores. It's not degrees that matter. I met many snobbish rich ignorant students while attending a top European university. I'd chose an illiterate over them anytime. Granddad that was just educated enough to read and write, but better in Arabic, managed town traditional financial affairs as far back as 1930s to 50s. No single rumour of embezzling money. That matter here is ability of Pa Afolayan to manage the local council and I strongly believe he can't do worse than the so called educated.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2015
AreaFada2:
Many of our mothers and grandmothers didn't; go to school. They didn't have the chance. Modern women have nothing on my grandma, not in business acumen or being a mother or wife. I know many illiterate wives still better than many who use time at school become whores. It's not degrees that matter. I met many snobbish rich ignorant students while attending a top European university. I'd chose an illiterate over them anytime.

Your argument would be valid if I said illiterates were not intelligent. I never said so.

An educated person would perform better than if he were an illiterate. Yes or no?

Would you refuse to send your children to school?

Does Fayose's appointment make sense considering today's realities?

Mind you, there are also snobbish illiterates. There are also very intelligent illiterates but the lack of education hampers them in today's world.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by AreaFada2: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2015
Activa:

Your argument would be valid if I said illiterates were not intelligent. I never said so.

An educated person would perform better than if he were an illiterate. Yes or no?

Would you refuse to send your children to school?

Does Fayose's appointment make sense considering today's realities?

Mind you, there are also snobbish illiterates. There are also very intelligent illiterates but the lack of education hampers them in today's world.
In Nigeria, modern realities have no validity in politics. If it did, we would have Fashola, Ribadu, El-Rufai, Donald Duke or one of the few with a good record in Aso Rock, not someone who once committed treason by overthrowing a democratic government and is yet to show us something as simple as school cert that exam body can issue or confirm easily. Let's not succumb to double standard for expediency.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2015
AreaFada2:
In Nigeria, modern realities have no validity in politics. If it did, we would have Fashola, Ribadu, El-Rufai, Donald Duke or one of the few with a good record in Aso Rock, not someone who once committed treason by overthrowing a democratic government and is yet to show us something as simple as school cert that exam body can issue or confirm easily. Let's not succumb to double standard for expediency.

You're the one that's guilty of double standard.

You're commending Fayose's appointment while condemning Buhari. Isn't this curious?

In any case, while I didn't defend Buhari's cert, comparing Buhari's records to that of the carpenter isn't smart at all. Haba!

Enough of this blind partisanship. It does no one any good. Attack/condemn good/bad decisions regardless of where they come from.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by AreaFada2: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2015
Activa:

You're the one that's guilty of double standard.

You're commending Fayose's appointment while condemning Buhari. Isn't this curious?

In any case, while I didn't defend Buhari's cert, comparing Buhari's records to that of the carpenter isn't smart at all. Haba!

Enough of this blind partisanship.
At least the illiterate guy didn't rape the collective will of Nigerians and commit treason of coup against democracy. Or was coup plot allegations not what they shot Dimka, Bisalla, Vatsa and Orka for? The illiterate is a far more honourable man. Well, you stated clearly that an educated man is better as council leader. So I have to remind you of the barely educated guy in charge of a whole country. You were the first to cast the stone. Simple.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
Is it the pump model?
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
AreaFada2:
At least the illiterate guy didn't rape the collective will of Nigerians and commit treason of coup against democracy. Or was coup plot allegations not what they shot Dimka, Bisalla, Vatsa and Orka for? The illiterate is a far more honourable man. Well, you stated clearly that an educated man is better as council leader. So I have to remind you of the barely educated guy in charge of a whole country. You were the first to cast the stone. Simple.

Again, your argument is invalid.

What's the relationship between Buhari and the illiterate carpenter?

The hatred you have for Buhari is what's preventing you from seeing what's wrong here.

Anyway, why not model your kids after the honourable carpenter by pulling them out of school?
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Forwetinnah: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
Activa:

How did you arrive at this sweeping conclusion?

Do people still go to school in Nigeria?

No we don't....

Educated hypocrite...its right when an old cattle rearer is made President but very wrong for a carpenter of a younger age to be LG Council boss
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by ayomide74: 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
BishopMagic:
Far better than Buhari

Original Zuzu
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by ceejay4real(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
California30:
This is not the first time we're seeing old & illiterate men in public offices.
Buhari set the trend for them.
Buhari is an illiterate old man in Aso rock
U ar a big FOOL! It's only in Nigeria that a world class Army General who has the equivalent of a Masters degree certificate from arguably the best Military Institution in the world, the US Army War College is considered an illiterate! The height of it all was during the campaigns, one my Igbo brothers who is a common trader and cannot speak simple English had the effrontery audacity to refer to Buhari as an illiterate! If not 4 his age, I wld hv dealt him a very HEAVY slap 2 call him 2 order. Most of us hiding behind their Chinko phones calling PMB all manner of unprintable names can't even address a meeting of about 10 people in their workplace or neighbourhood yet they have the temerity to call a man who has addressed the world time and time again illiterate? We Nigerians can be so disgusting atimes in our outbursts and general conduct. Pls let's leave PMB alone! His govt is only beginning to take shape. It's 2 early in the day 4 all this mudslinging! Let's act like Civilised people please!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Banter1(m): 7:46am On Aug 31, 2015
BishopMagic:

Fooler
Mathew 5:22
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Kkjam(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=Activa post=37476956]

Here comes another useless argument.

No one should expect development from that country with your likes populating its surface.
Goat, truth is bitter.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Kkjam(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=Kkjam post=37537307][/quote] truth is bitter
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by tpiander: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
which of his grandkids never marry?

let's know them so they can start finding spouses.
Re: Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=Kkjam post=37537307][/quote]

Buffon, what nonsense and useless argument are u peddling? Idiota!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) / Ahmed Mu’azu Is INEC Acting Chairman As Mahmood Yakubu Bows Out / Picture Of LP Branded Catfish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.