Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? (682 Views)

Nigerians Hold Vigil In Front Of Abuja House, London, Chant "Buhari Go Home" / Lere Olayinka Reacts To Zenith Bank Denial Of Funding Fayose's Election / Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by nationwide1(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
I was just thinking aloud having heard that in a period of one week APC has craftily and subtly denied all campaign promises that brought them to power.

Now they have successfully used the 100 days to deny their promises to Nigerians. It therefore means the electorates have nothing to hold them accountable for since as it now stands they promised electorates nothing.

I don't want to believe Baba would be involved in a scam as some people are already saying. Blaming Jonathan for their seeming inability to deliver is the most illogical move.

For me, if APC cannot perform, they should present acceptable, logical and venial reasons to Nigerians. Nigerians are wiser than their current gimmicks.

Does it mean APC didn't know it would be difficult if not impossible to make good such promises? Or did they just take Nigerians for a ride as usual?
Re: Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by frankay430(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
lies
Re: Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by ladyF(f): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
As it stands, they have stylishly removed any pre existing benchmark for future assessment. ...

God dey!!!
Re: Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by nationwide1(m): 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:
As it stands, they have stylishly removed any pre existing benchmark for future assessment. ...

God dey!!!
That's the simple truth. They can do what they want from now after all they promised electorates nothing and the poor followers agree.

If Buhari was a football coach, he would have long been sacked for transferring his non-performance status to his predecessor.

In advanced countries where citizens are not zombies and they know their rights, the citizens would have demanded Buhari's resignation and prosecution for deceiving them- denying the promises that guaranteed his acceptance.
Re: Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by baralatie(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:

God dey!!!
Re: Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by PedroJP(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
If u are yet to read Gorge Orwell's 1984, don't bother urself, watch it unfold in Nigeria. Exactly wat is in that book.

By the way, we hold them for change. Dat change will bring about end of the nonsense name Nigeria, i pray.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Campaign Promises: What Will Nigerians Hold APC Accountable For? by kenny987(f): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
nationwide1:
I was just thinking aloud having heard that in a period of one week APC has craftily and subtly denied all campaign promises that brought them to power.

Now they have successfully used the 100 days to deny their promises to Nigerians. It therefore means the electorates have nothing to hold them accountable for since as it now stands they promised electorates nothing.

I don't want to believe Baba would be involved in a scam as some people are already saying. Blaming Jonathan for their seeming inability to deliver is the most illogical move.

For me, if APC cannot perform, they should present acceptable, logical and venial reasons to Nigerians. Nigerians are wiser than their current gimmicks.

Does it mean APC didn't know it would be difficult if not impossible to make good such promises? Or did they just take Nigerians for a ride as usual?

I would rather blame the so-called majority that fell for the APC gimmicks cos it shows they aren't smarter or wiser than that as u said. When I read people who say that they will vote him out same way they voted him in I ask, 'What guarantee do u have that your votes will count by 2019'? Jonathan despite his failures cannot be faulted in promoting democracy, the power of choice and d reality that votes can count. He became a victim of it and still honored the 'choice' of the people. He isn't even wasting d time of d courts and invariably national resources in the courts! Who says that will be the obtainable anymore when GMB can install someone like Zakari as INEC Chair! The coming state elections ds yr will show.

What was d situation when GMB lost previous elections? He literally couldn't believe he wasn't handed power as his birthright. Now what do we have today? Where is the much touted integrity? Declaration of assets and those of appointees has become a mirage. Then Femi Adesina came to justify this height of dishonour to d Nigerian ppl that Buhari never personally made such promise but it was rather the party! And did Buhari ever debunk such promise? He campaigned and 'won' elections on the strength of such promise!

It is Nigerians I blame! Afterall if u give monkey cup to drink water e go take but to collect d cup back na where wahala dey dey.

(1) (Reply)

Probe: Amaechi’s Aide Withdraws Suit Against Wike / Senate President Saraki Relocates To Official Residence To Avoid Arrest / Rochas Okorocha:angry Reactions Trail Okorocha’s Borrowing Of N20bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.