Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? (2697 Views)

Difference Between Ponzi Scheme And Network Marketing. / Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing / Network Marketing For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by engrbrume(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
I have noticed the speed with which people rush to condemn network marketing in Nigeria. I have even noticed that the mods put stories that condemn it on the front page, and ignore posts that try to explain it. Network Marketing is purely legitimate, and is a model used by companies to sell products or services. Companies like Mary Kay, Avon, Amway, Forever Living Products, Organo Gold etc are Network Marketing companies. They don't advertise or pay endorsements. Instead, they allow everyone register as distributors, use the products, sell to customers and register others to do the same. people are paid based on how much volume their entire network moves from the store.
It's difficult for many people to succeed in this business because it requires a lot of personal development and hard work. Many come with the false expectation that they will only invest money and start reaping bug bucks soon afterwards. Others are just plain lazy. it's these failures that discourage others from giving the business a fair shot.
Another problem is that there are unscrupulous distributors out there whose business practices make this legit business look like a scam.
Bottom line is; like any professional venture, you need to be trained by a good sponsor and belong to a good team to succeed in network marketing. You spent over 15 years in school plus months or years of training to work where you are today, to earn between N75k - N1,000,000. Why do you expect to just jump into network marketing with less that 500k and hope to make a million the next month? There are many of us who are doing this business on the side. The time has come for us to educate the people, because there are many potential millionaires out there who just don't know that Network Marketing is the way for them! Have a productive week.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by fadbuk: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nice write up. Welldone.
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2015
The problem with network marketing is most times it is abused, the truth is never told, the partakers lie to intending or potential victims, just to co opt them, into the game...
It also abuses relationship...

I happen to be a Doc. Got involved in "Trevo", where telling my clients/patients about it, at a point I just started feeling guilty , as it was as if I was abusing our relationship, and using my medical knowledge to "undo" my clients... spending 12k, for a bottle, when I could easily tell them other substitutes, that are cost effective... moreso, many were not even interested. (finally I stopped)... so for me netwrk marketing has so many downsides... telling me about it, could be likened to pouring water on stone

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Odionastron: 8:02am On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by greatbusiness: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2015
I understand how you feel and suggest you join a network marketing company that doesn't compromise your belief or profession. Join one not in the wellness sector
Raymondenyi:
The problem with network marketing is most times it is abused, the truth is never told, the partakers lie to intending or potential victims, just to co opt them, into the game...

I happen to be a Doc. Got involved in "Trevo", where telling my clients/patients about it, at a point I just started feeling guilty , as it was as if I was abusing our relationship, and using my medical knowledge to "undo" my clients... spending 12k, for a bottle, when I could easily tell them other substitutes, that are cost effective... moreso, many were not even interested. (finally I stopped)... so for me netwrk marketing has so many downsides... telling me about it, could be likened to pouring water on stone
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by omoruyivictory(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2015
network marketing is good, join the one that you don't need to be selling product like the one i am nw
massivesave, massivesave.com use prestige as your sponsor id to register
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 31, 2015
It's a great industry, network marketing is greatly misunderstood because of the way distributors take advantage of the 'people' nature of the business. Network marketers please learn to do this business the right way.
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Bigroti(m): 10:19am On Aug 31, 2015
the truth is the way network marketing has been advertised in recent times makes it seem like a get rich quick scheme, and any logical person will get turned off immediately. and you will fins that alot of people that going into network marketing are lazy schemers that sell alot of BS telling you, you can become rich with little effort and you will just sit back and relax. as if?
engrbrume:
I have noticed the speed with which people rush to condemn network marketing in Nigeria. I have even noticed that the mods put stories that condemn it on the front page, and ignore posts that try to explain it. Network Marketing is purely legitimate, and is a model used by companies to sell products or services. Companies like Mary Kay, Avon, Amway, Forever Living Products, Organo Gold etc are Network Marketing companies. They don't advertise or pay endorsements. Instead, they allow everyone register as distributors, use the products, sell to customers and register others to do the same. people are paid based on how much volume their entire network moves from the store.
It's difficult for many people to succeed in this business because it requires a lot of personal development and hard work. Many come with the false expectation that they will only invest money and start reaping bug bucks soon afterwards. Others are just plain lazy. it's these failures that discourage others from giving the business a fair shot.
Another problem is that there are unscrupulous distributors out there whose business practices make this legit business look like a scam.
Bottom line is; like any professional venture, you need to be trained by a good sponsor and belong to a good team to succeed in network marketing. You spent over 15 years in school plus months or years of training to work where you are today, to earn between N75k - N1,000,000. Why do you expect to just jump into network marketing with less that 500k and hope to make a million the next month? There are many of us who are doing this business on the side. The time has come for us to educate the people, because there are many potential millionaires out there who just don't know that Network Marketing is the way for them! Have a productive week.
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by engrbrume(m): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
Odionastron:
Op, read up this page!

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/04/042104.asp

The article talks about pyramid schemes being illegal. Interestingly, it recognises the fact that MLM or Network Marketing is legal, and that there are also pyramids disguised as MLM companies. See below from article:

"Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)
Legal multi-level marketing (MLM) involves being recruited in order to sell a product or service that actually has some inherent value. As a recruit, you can make a profit from the sales of the product or service, so you don't necessarily have to recruit more salespeople below you. While you may be encouraged to recruit other salespeople whose sales would give you more profit, you can stick to just selling the product directly to the consumer if you choose.

A pyramid scheme MLM, however, will most likely sell a product with no independent value. The product could take the form of reports of some kind, for example, or mailing lists. In this kind of pyramid scheme, you would be required to recruit new members into the MLM in order to make a profit and keep the MLM alive. Joining the MLM is the only reason anyone would buy the products sold by this pyramid scheme.

Read more: What Is A Pyramid Scheme? (HLF) http://www.investopedia.com/articles/04/042104.asp#ixzz3kR4VjZ1L
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by engrbrume(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
You can email me at brume.odufa@flp.com if you would like to know what it really takes to succeed in Network Marketing. have a nice week people!
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Buchika: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
greatbusiness:
I understand how you feel and suggest you join a network marketing company that doesn't compromise your belief or profession. Join one not in the wellness sector
can you please list some of them that are not in the wellness sector,
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by vone2000tolu: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
Buchika:
GOLDMINE LIBERTY CONCEPT
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by greatbusiness: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
Shopping sherlock, pro travel plus, traffic authority, 4corners etc

Buchika:
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by tforever(m): 12:20am On Sep 17, 2015
Well what people don't know is that they practice network marketing every day well the only difference is that they don't get paid for it.. Lets say for example your tailor made a new dress for you then you wore that same dress to a party and your friends liked it and asked you where you got the dress you refer them to your tailor...that's in clear fact network marketing but will your tailor say that with every refers you will get 10% on every one you bring no he won't best you get is a thank you..so in network marketing the difference is that you get paid for doing such.
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by tforever(m): 12:22am On Sep 17, 2015
Raymondenyi:

if you ask me you didn't have a strong WHY..
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by ultrazone(m): 3:20am On Sep 17, 2015
The problem stems from the false 'employment' and 'pay' claims used to lure people into the scheme
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 17, 2015
i did GNLD, problem is there are affordable substitutes in the market for whatever products they offer and most of my contacts were already employed so the promise of making money with network marketing was not appealing to them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by ifesco4real: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2015
I am currently looking for business partners in Nigeria to share our products which have high levels of antioxidants that can help prevent or cure various diseases. We have a very lucrative compensation plans and a proven marketing system where distributors can get a chance to earn ₦9,500 per day. contact me on ifesco4real@gmail.com or watsapp: 08086906512
Re: Why Is Everybody Against Network Marketing? by Zika130(f): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2015
Buchika:

www.gwtcorp.com/zikabush

GWT is MLM with one of the best compensation plan. you can google about the company. Global Wealth Trade, is a fashion house in Canada with designers product and you get paid to look good and is not compulsory you must sell their product infact the top guys in the company never get to the top selling their products.

People have this perception that MLM is a scam, but it is not, all you need to do is to understand how the company you have joined their MLM works and teach others how it works honestly you are good to go.

check out this site for the information you need on GWT - http://zikabush..com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

My Journey Into Blogging - First Hand Experience For Beginners!!! / Is Tricycle Good For Pure Water Factory? / Dangote Spell And Win Promo 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.