Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing (1286 Views)

3 Money-spinning Business Opportunities Overlooked By Many Nigerians / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked / Is The Network Marketing Business Called Getpaid4learn A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by forever88(f): 12:28am On Sep 30, 2015
I want to know the honest reasons why you (referring to those that dislike network marketing) dont like network marketing business
its a type of business you know, with all the knowledge available for you to succeed in it just like every other business.
but why the dislike?
please share!
no insults here please
this is just a discussion on a particular business model,
thanks for your cooporation.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by joefredd006(m): 4:37am On Sep 30, 2015
its mostly due to cultural orientation i guess. we are more inclined to succeeding alone than having to share 'that profit'. moreover, it a business built on 'mutual trust', an attribute Nigerians are yet to fully cultivate. #myonedollaropinion

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by nobilis: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2015
OP, I can see you are working for Forever living products.

Tell us, where is GNLD today and other networking businesses that were available before Forever came on board.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by toks208: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2015
forever88:
I want to know the honest reasons why you (referring to those that dislike network marketing) dont like network marketing business
its a type of business you know, with all the knowledge available for you to succeed in it just like every other business.
but why the dislike?
please share!
no insults here please
this is just a discussion on a particular business model,
thanks for your cooporation.

I guess its as a result of bad orientation and laziness and it is not just about network marketing but marketing generally..

In Nigeria many youths and graduates want a job that affords them the opportunity of sitting down and at the end of the month they take home salaries but the bad news is that many will lose theire jobs very soon and they will have no choice but to embrace marketing in any form whether network or direct sales.

Now take a look at this funny scenario..

You use a product and you like it and then tell a friend about it and the friend goes ahead to buy that same product.You have successfully networked but they prefer to do it for free.STRANGE

Now ask a typical Nigerian to market a good product and get a commission fore it and you will see then develop a cold feet. Is there not a confirmation that there is something fundamentally wrong with their psyche?

Many companies fold up daily because no one wants to market but they are looking for jobs so please tell me how do these companies survive if not for the marketing department of the company.

Very soon many and i mean many will lose their jobs as the company or even banks may not be able to sustain high cost of salaries and even those who will have their jobs may only get salaries in proportion to the percentage profit of that company each month.

Network marketing is a way of life to many and it is even a course studied in Harvard.

Nairaland today is what it is because of networking where a friend is informed about an interactive forum and they join. My advice to every Nigerian youth is to look for one good mlm or network company and take advantage of the business to earn passive income.

I am an E-commerce consultant who majors in online fx and affiliate programs and i also have other regular offline business but i have taken advantage of a very good passive income generating program for many years and that does not replace my regular business rather it has helped greatly.

The time has come for Nigerian youths to wake up and understand that teh jobs out there can never go round and they must wake up and do something to help themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by Tundenoni(m): 9:06am On Sep 30, 2015
They have fraudulent marketers.
They will deceive you to come to gbagada, when you are living in gwagwalada.
Those guys are full of deceit, they are criminals.
I hate network marketing with passion.
The business is meant to inflict sense into lazy ass who want to get rich quick, they'd eventually work hard with nothing to show for it.
Tell me you're network marketer;and I'll tell you '' you're not serious with your life "
Network marketing ke?.. God forbid.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by forever88(f): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
nobilis:

Tell us, where is GNLD today and other networking businesses that were available before Forever came on board.

no im not , and all dose companies you are asking about are still here in Nigeria.
you just dont hear about them cos new ones come up and overshadow them,not that they run out of business
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by forever88(f): 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Tundenoni:
The business is meant to inflict sense into lazy ass who want to get rich quick, they'd eventually work hard with nothing to show for it.
Tell me you're network marketer;and I'll tell you '' you're not serious with your life "

wow!! you must have had a bad experience cos it wont make sense if you are basing your judgement on hearsay or on what happened to a frend or family member.
dont hate it o cos you do it almost everyday
you network, and you market either yourself or your business etc
you also dont assume that because some people go about it in a way that some might see as deciet, that means every one or every thing about the business model is decietful.
you see,the people that started it made some mistakes
im talking about the way its passed as a get rich quick scheme,where you just put your money in and it will begin to work for you, i mean,how possible is that?
also that it doesnt require you to do anytin, just register and bring others in

the truth is that network marketing is hard work and they teach you to work smart as well
anyone goin into it now should be ready to do the work involved in it. its not for lazy at all
there are a lot of things you will need learn to achieve that
this makes it a normal business model that anyone with the right mindset can succeed.

have you read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki? i bet you will say yes.
did you get some values from the book? i think so
then also by the same author is the book titled The Business of the 21st century , please read that book,you will learn a lot on this business model.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by forever88(f): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
toks208:

I guess its as a result of bad orientation and laziness and it is not just about network marketing but marketing generally..

In Nigeria many youths and graduates want a job that affords them the opportunity of sitting down and at the end of the month they take home salaries but the bad news is that many will lose theire jobs very soon and they will have no choice but to embrace marketing in any form whether network or direct sales.

Now take a look at this funny scenario..

You use a product and you like it and then tell a friend about it and the friend goes ahead to buy that same product.You have successfully networked but they prefer to do it for free.STRANGE

Now ask a typical Nigerian to market a good product and get a commission fore it and you will see then develop a cold feet. Is there not a confirmation that there is something fundamentally wrong with their psyche?

Many companies fold up daily because no one wants to market but they are looking for jobs so please tell me how do these companies survive if not for the marketing department of the company.

Very soon many and i mean many will lose their jobs as the company or even banks may not be able to sustain high cost of salaries and even those who will have their jobs may only get salaries in proportion to the percentage profit of that company each month.

Network marketing is a way of life to many and it is even a course studied in Harvard.

Nairaland today is what it is because of networking where a friend is informed about an interactive forum and they join. My advice to every Nigerian youth is to look for one good mlm or network company and take advantage of the business to earn passive income.

I am an E-commerce consultant who majors in online fx and affiliate programs and i also have other regular offline business but i have taken advantage of a very good passive income generating program for many years and that does not replace my regular business rather it has helped greatly.

The time has come for Nigerian youths to wake up and understand that teh jobs out there can never go round and they must wake up and do something to help themselves.

very insightful.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by forever88(f): 11:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
still waiting for more reasons
keep them pouring in.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Dislike The Business Called Network Marketing by toks208: 9:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Tundenoni:
forever88:

no im not , and all dose companies you are asking about are still here in Nigeria.
you just dont hear about them cos new ones come up and overshadow them,not that they run out of business
nobilis:

I guess its high time i address the issue of network marketing so that people will understand exactly what it is all about. So watch out for the thread titled "UNDERSTANDING THE AMAZING INCOME EARNING POWER OF NETWORK MARKETING"

It will be an eye opener for all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Olajumoke Orisanuga A Bread Hawker – The Brand Lesson / 5 Trending Businesses For 2016 / EASILY Send Dollars To The US.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.