Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? (3463 Views)

Newspaper Headline From The 80s About NEPA, Must See. / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / Saraki Was Actually Stoned In Illorin..punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lol let's see what the one Nigeria cheerleaders will say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by DaBullIT(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Una no dey tire ?

3 Likes

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 5:07am On Sep 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Lol let's see what the one Nigeria cheerleaders will say
they have political power
we have economic power
economy trumps politics everytime

3 Likes

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 5:41am On Sep 02, 2015
mikolo80:
they have political power
we have economic power
economy trumps politics everytime

Are you sure grin, you're obviously oblivious of what a single policy can to do to the economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Opinedecandid(m): 6:20am On Sep 02, 2015
'wrong' is an understatement.
Divisive, tribal, ethnic, biased and undemocratic are better.

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 2:39am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

Are you sure grin, you're obviously oblivious of what a single policy can to do to the economy.

you are definitely ignorant of how money dictates policy. piper, tune, dictate, ring a bell
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by PhockPhockMan: 3:32am On Sep 03, 2015
After they will accuse Nnamdi Kanu of hate speeches.

Foolish people.

11 Likes

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:50am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

Economic turmoil can topple political leadership.

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by OzMingle(m): 3:56am On Sep 03, 2015
journalistic propaganda...
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by naijaking1: 3:58am On Sep 03, 2015
North, that's what Buhari is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by M4gunners: 4:02am On Sep 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

You don't need to lecture him on this,if he's telling himself truth, he should have known by now how fg is shouting no money to run the Country.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by M4gunners: 4:05am On Sep 03, 2015
One nigeria is a scam of 21st century. I only pity my people who refuse to learn from their past mistakes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by azimibraun: 4:13am On Sep 03, 2015
Where they Vindicated or not?

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 5:35am On Sep 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

That has never happened in Nigeria. However several policies have caused economic disasters among people in Nigerian history e.g monetary policy that effected changing the color of the Naira during the war which economically affected Ojukwu's war.

A single ban on certain imports will affect the economy of any region that specializes in it's trade and the national economy by extension e.g spare parts imports.

Political power trumps economics any day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 5:38am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
you are definitely ignorant of how money dictates policy. piper, tune, dictate, ring a bell

You don't know what you're saying. Articulate your points please.

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

fulani-devil allow him be, he has every right to his opinion, if u want to change his mind set do it constructively and convincingly.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 5:47am On Sep 03, 2015
kingsolex:

fulani-devil allow him be, he has every right to his opinion, if u want to change his mind set do it constructively and convincingly.
kingsolex:

Why not help his lame argument then, I'm not expected to debate opposing sides of an argument am I? Besides my other response to the only sensible question can guide him.

I don't take kindly to your unprovoked invective.

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Lanretoye(m): 5:47am On Sep 03, 2015
all i see is nut this,nut that...Op i guess are going you nuts?
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 5:54am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

he Who pays the piper dictates the tune
is that articulated enough
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by DankemzI(m): 6:44am On Sep 03, 2015
If you want federal appointments from federal government just marry from Daura cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 6:44am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
he
Who
pays
the
piper
dictates
the
tune

is that articulated enough

No. Explain how that maxim applies in this context, with examples to facilitate a robust discourse.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 6:53am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

No. Explain how that maxim applies in this context, with examples to facilitate a robust discourse.
you cannot possibly be this slow

politics and requires politicians
politicIan requires money
bank and businessmen have money
they can buy politicians
aka they can buy policy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 7:01am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
you cannot possibly be this slow

politics and requires politicians
politicIan requires money
bank and businessmen have money
they can buy politicians
aka they can buy policy

Nope. I wanted you to express your ignorance in your own words.

Now ask yourself why Dangote, Elumelu and Otedola are always around Buhari/Osibanjo. Is it because they funded their campaign or because they are lobbying for favorable policies?
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Missy89(f): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
they have political power we have economic power economy trumps politics everytime
Economy does not trump politics every time. The soviet union was a great example
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by kuuljay(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2015
can somebody pls in the name of God wake tanoids up that the elections are over and buhari is the president and it's not the end of politicking and that they can still come back if they get their acts together grin grin grin
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Missy89:

Economy does not trump politics every time. The soviet union was a great example
Pls explain. I that was a failed economy

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

Nope. I wanted you to express your ignorance in your own words.

Now ask yourself why Dangote, Elumelu and Otedola are always around Buhari/Osibanjo. Is it because they funded their campaign or because they are lobbying for favorable policies?
Who do you think sponsored buhari to power.do you think they did so out of patriotism no sir, it is you Who has displayed your naivete

1 Like

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by chigoizie7(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2015
To so many people, they think it is about being a tanoid or a wailer, this I the reality of things.

Anyways I no get much talk, make I go prepare for work
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Missy89(f): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
Pls explain. I that was a failed economy

The soviet Union feel because it leaders prioritize Ideology (Politics) over economy and choose to live in denial

Exchanging oil for goods instead of currency with satellite states and early failed collectivized farming starved it of funds and food. The leadership knew what they had to do but the political cost was too high and they choose to borrow when their ratings were high. Oil crash and the empire went under.

The pragmatic way out in the mid 80s was untenable to the soviet leadership because it will involves cutting off Eastern Europe and ending the system of subsidies. So even thou it was clear that keeping the status quo will ruin the system, Politics ( Communism ) prevented them from making the right decision.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by ShySteady(m): 7:55am On Sep 03, 2015
This is a time bomb waiting to explode!
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2015
Missy89:

The soviet Union feel because it leaders prioritize Ideology (Politics) over economy and choose to live in denial

Exchanging oil for goods instead of currency with satellite states and early failed collectivized farming starved it of funds and food. The leadership knew what they had to do but the political cost was too high and they choose to borrow when their ratings were high. Oil crash and the empire went under.

The pragmatic way out in the mid 80s was untenable to the soviet leadership because it will involves cutting off Eastern Europe and ending the system of subsidies. So even thou it was clear that keeping the status quo will ruin the system, Politics ( Communism ) prevented them from making the right decision.

which brings us back to 'economy determines policy ' otherwise na failure go be policy portion

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Niger Delta Avengers Are Demanding, Can Buhari Fulfill Them? / EXPOSED: Read Buhari’s Lasting Solution To Fuel Crisis It Will Surprise You. / Natural Therapy For Hypertension Reversal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.