Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:19 PM

Ambassador Adefuye: Nigeria Has Lost An International Defender – SP Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambassador Adefuye: Nigeria Has Lost An International Defender – SP Saraki (366 Views)

Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye / Tribute To Late Ambassador Adefuye / Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ambassador Adefuye: Nigeria Has Lost An International Defender – SP Saraki by onile0500(m): 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ambassador Adefuye: Nigeria Has Lost An International Defender – SP Saraki.

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Saturday, expressed sadness over the death of Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United States, Prof. Adebowale Ibidapo Adefuye, in Washington DC.

Saraki described the death as a monumental loss to Nigeria whose international image Adefuye passionately shaped and defended in the U.S until his last breath.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Sanni Onogu, in Abuja, Saraki said: “It is really sad that Adefuye waved us goodbye at a time his excellent services as a diplomat of repute are in dire need. His passionate advocacy and defense of Nigeria contributed immensely to Nigeria being declassified as “a country of interest” in America’s terrorism watch list following the Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab’s underwear bombing saga.

“We have lost an international defender. We have lost a strong voice at the international arena. However, it is inspiring that he died while rendering exemplary services to the fatherland.

“On behalf of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I salute late Adefuye for a life of remarkable achievements as an academic and diplomat. He fought a good fight and acquitted himself valiantly. I am so proud that he was an epitome of the true Nigerian spirit, but also very sad that he left us suddenly.”

Saraki prayed God to grant the soul of the deceased a peaceful rest and his family the grace to bear the irreparable loss.
Re: Ambassador Adefuye: Nigeria Has Lost An International Defender – SP Saraki by benedictnsi(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
I thought there was a citation

(1) (Reply)

Appointments: Buhari Has Ethnic Bias, Yorubas Should Expect Nothing – Okunrounmu / Help Needed! How Can He Open A Union Bank Account? / I Didn’t Borrow A Dime For Jigawa Projects In 8 Years-sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.