Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

What Do You Hate Most In Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Do You Hate Most In Programming (2854 Views)

Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? / One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming / Become A Pro In Programming For Only N6000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
When writing a software or a solution, what are the things you hate most... like bugs, compile errors, run time errors e.t.c.

For me, I hate bugs that occur only once in a while or at random.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by dhtml19(m): 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
I love bugs - to me it means there is something I still need to learn, and I love learning. I dont really have anything I hate about programming, it is my number 1 hobby - tinkering with gaddamn codes!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Pffft: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2015
I hate UI work

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by dhtml19(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2015
Pffft:
I hate UI work
I used to, but after serial disappointments with many of our UI boys, I had to learn to handle UI myself in case of emergencies. Though I might not win an oscar award, but I am yet to get a job thrown out by a client due to poor UI - that means I am not doing all that bad in UI work, but I know I can be better and have been improving steadily.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by maekhel(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2015
Pffft:
I hate UI work
I won't say I hate but I don't like UI works
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by jacob05(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2015
Pffft:
I hate UI work
Me too embarassed embarassed embarassed.. Learning sha
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2015
lol, I really hate UI work. All my BBOS apps on BB World have similar UI cheesy
maekhel:

I won't say I hate but I don't like UI works
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by jacob05(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2015
grin grin grin
FincoApps:
lol, I really hate UI work. All my BBOS apps on BB World have similar UI cheesy
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2015
hahaha, no I think bugs are a mistake on the developer's part, so I don't consider it as learning... Except for the kind you helped me fix of course grin.
dhtml19:
I love bugs - to me it means there is something I still need to learn, and I love learning. I dont really have anything I hate about programming, it is my number 1 hobby - tinkering with gaddamn codes!
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Borwe: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2015
What are you guys using such tha you hate UI work? Java? c++? c#? ofcourse if it's Pyhon I understand
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by dhtml19(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2015
FincoApps:
hahaha, no I think bugs are a mistake on the developer's part, so I don't consider it as learning... Except for the kind you helped me fix of course grin.
You are most welcome. Bugs are mistakes definitely that happens because you have not learnt to perfection.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by thewebcraft(m): 10:00am On Aug 31, 2015
UI/UX, Debugging and Full functionality (Coding) is what I like, my web or mobile apps can never look the same, Just don't like Documenting...
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by dhtml19(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2015
thewebcraft:
UI/UX, Debugging and Full functionality (Coding) is what I like, my web or mobile apps can never look the same, Just don't like Documenting...
Same here. but am learning to comment my codes now.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by DonSegmond(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
complexity
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
After my 8th app, I learnt to outsource UI work
thewebcraft:

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Irelokeh(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
BUGS-- a single ' can lead to your manyy headaches lol
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Pffft: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
dhtml19:

I used to, but after serial disappointments with many of our UI boys, I had to learn to handle UI myself in case of emergencies. Though I might not win an oscar award, but I am yet to get a job thrown out by a client due to poor UI - that means I am not doing all that bad in UI work, but I know I can be better and have been improving steadily.
to be more precise i hate styling, beautifying markup and all that CSSish stuff. I prefer to write all the JS i need and have someone apply the MAKEUP or i just download good looking templates from the web and use that.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
The only thing i hate with my life is Angular angry what , meaning i hate opinionated frameworks, spent most of my time achieving the same feat in angular than if i were using Dojo or Backbone

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
One thing about Programming is that, you won't stop learning... cry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sounds like you wanna stop learning
TOmmyJidex:
One thing about Programming is that, you won't stop learning... cry
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Borwe: 7:29am On Sep 02, 2015
When you have to "learn" ((Cramm it actually)) it for the comming exams and give the teacher the same wrong answers and wrong definitions he taught you, else you are wrong for even thinking of writing what you actually learned ((The real definitions and not some short stupid fake explanations to make yourself sound smart)) on your own. angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 02, 2015
FincoApps:
Sounds like you wanna stop learning
No!
Shey person fit stop learning sha? Even non-programmers.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
There are some goats in human form. Since I came back to Nigeria, I noticed there's a lot of these animals here in this country
TOmmyJidex:
No!
Shey person fit stop learning sha? Even non-programmers.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by DharkPoet(m): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Talk about UI, but with little knowledge I could transform any existing UI framework.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Djtm(m): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
fixing someone else's code. wtf?
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 11:24am On Sep 05, 2015
hahahahaha, I also hate that......terribly
Djtm:
fixing someone else's code. wtf?
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by IamNat: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Please i'm an 100Level student and i will like to learn programming very soon,i wanna get a system but i dont realy know which type of laptop will be okay for programming.

Can anybody please help with suggestions (name of the system or specs) that won't exceed #160k,but i will appreciate it better if its within #130k to #150k. It should also be price for brand new systems cos i'm afraid of all this London/UK used systems,never bought one before though.

Thanks in advance.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Djtm(m): 5:16am On Sep 06, 2015
IamNat:
Please i'm an 100Level student and i will like to learn programming very soon,i wanna get a system but i dont realy know which type of laptop will be okay for programming.

Can anybody please help with suggestions (name of the system or specs) that won't exceed #160k,but i will appreciate it better if its within #130k to #150k. It should also be price for brand new systems cos i'm afraid of all this London/UK used systems,never bought one before though.

Thanks in advance.
Any laptop 90k and above should be suitable for programming except you're looking for a gaming laptop

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by IamNat: 5:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Djtm:

Any laptop 90k and above should be suitable for programming except you're looking for a gaming laptop

Can gaming laptops be used for programming too? Cos of boring days,gaming at times won't be a bad idea.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by Borwe: 8:21am On Sep 06, 2015
IamNat:

Can gaming laptops be used for programming too? Cos of boring days,gaming at times won't be a bad idea.

Lol ofcourse. Anything with an OS can programme
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by IamNat: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Borwe:

Lol ofcourse. Anything with an OS can programme

So can you suggest any type of system? Which type do you use.
Re: What Do You Hate Most In Programming by FincoApps(m): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Just any laptop. Any core i5 hp laptop
IamNat:

So can you suggest any type of system? Which type do you use.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young NL Programmer Creates His First Game / See The Javascript Code That Is Turning My Brain / 6 Programming Exercises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.