Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,139 members, 7,863,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:47 AM

Why Corruption Thrives Nigerian - Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Corruption Thrives Nigerian - Reps (327 Views)

Buhari Meets Nigerian Reps In Germany (PHOTOS) / Why Corruption Is Laughing At Buhari / President Buhari Explains Why Corruption Is The Cause Of Poverty In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Corruption Thrives Nigerian - Reps by nochildsplay(m): 1:47am On Aug 31, 2015
[b][/b]Member of House of Representa­tives represent­ing Akure North/South Federal Constituency, Pastor Afe Olowookere, has ascribed the endemic nature of corruption in Ni­geria to obsolete laws.

He noted that corrupt people had always taken advantage of these obsolete laws to escape justice, say­ing the development was not good for anti-graft war going on in the country.

The lawmaker, however, promised that the eighth Na­tional Assembly would do everything within its power to get rid of these laws in order to strengthen the fight against the scourge.

Olowookere spoke at the weekend during the foun­dation-laying ceremony of community town hall at Emiloro, Akure South Lo­cal Government Area of Ondo State.

The legislator, who flayed the claim by Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that the anti-corruption crusade was targeted at its members, said it was wrong for anybody to say the fight had been politi­cised.

He said: “So far, I’ve not seen how this anti-graft war has been politicised. PDP members are protest­ing that the probe is targeted at them. But my question is, since 1999, which party had been ruling us at the centre?

“If the Federal Govern­ment is probing activities at the centre, which party will be affected? Is it not PDP? The probe has not been ex­tended to the states where other parties are involved in governance at that level.

“The crusade is not targeted at any particu­lar party. The anti-graft war is still in order. As a member of the National Assembly, I support it and I am going to encourage my colleagues to do ev­erything necessary to sup­port it.”[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Corruption Thrives Nigerian - Reps by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 31, 2015
story they are all the same ftc

(1) (Reply)

Nin Registration / Many Feared Dead After Trailer Skids Off A Bridge And Falls On Cars In Lagos / Southwest State Of The Union: In Dire Straits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.