Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (3321 Views)

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by rikamann: 12:52am On Apr 19, 2009
Don't think of sacking Amodu because he is arguably the best around even though he hasn't been lucky with the Eagles. The best to be done right now is to add the lucky and updated Siasia to join his coaching crew. Let Nigeria act fast because Tunisia is almost at 2010
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by enubiaka: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2009
rikamann:

Don't think of sacking Amodu because [b[i]]he is arguably the best around [/i] [/b] even though he hasn't been lucky with the Eagles. The best to be done right now is to add the lucky and updated Siasia to join his coaching crew. Let Nigeria act fast because Tunisia is almost at 2010

Pls,Its a criminal offense for you to say Amodu is arguably the best around. My friend,thats you using your own opinion to insult our intelligence. Amodu is simply shit tru & tru. The man plays virtually wit no plan or pattern,technically is below zero. All he does is to field bunch of known names who hardly feature in any of their club games. Plus,can u explain unbehalf of Amodu,Y Mikel featured in our last match? And,Y on earth do u want Siasia to be part of his coachin crew Siasia should be the one coachin the team while,the shitty Amodu begs for a place in his coachin crew.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2009
Don't think of sacking Amodu because he is arguably the best around even though he hasn't been lucky with the Eagles. The best to be done right now is to add the lucky and updated Siasia to join his coaching crew. Let Nigeria act fast because Tunisia is almost at 2010

are one of them morons on nl?

look at ur mouth
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by IFELEKE(m): 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2009
Amodu shouldn't be Sacked.
He is A Coach and what we need do is to Employ AN Excellent Technical Adviser That will take care of the technical aspects while being seconded by Amodu.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2009
PurestBoy:

Amodu should be sacked with immediate effect b4 more damages is done.

What damage has been done?

Winning all the matches in the first round and then drawing
the first match in the second round?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2009
enubiaka:

Pls,Its a criminal offense for you to say Amodu is arguably the best around. My friend,thats you using your own opinion to insult our intelligence. Amodu is simply shit tru & tru. The man plays virtually wit no plan or pattern,technically is below zero. All he does is to field bunch of known names who hardly feature in any of their club games. Plus,can u explain unbehalf of Amodu,Y Mikel featured in our last match? And,Y on earth do u want Siasia to be part of his coachin crew Siasia should be the one coachin the team while,the shitty Amodu begs for a place in his coachin crew.

The chap said "arguably the best around" and I agree. You
judge a coach by what he has done so there are not too many
Nigerian coaches that can match him.

We are all talking about Siasia. While he looks like a potentially
great coach, there is no certainty that he will do better.

Doing well in age group competetions is a different ball game.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by rikamann: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2009
My dear friend, akinalabi, God bless you and others. Is it not Amodu that turned a no team called 'BCC lions' to African and Nigerian champions? I don't know why he fielded 'Mikel' but a sick star is better than a very sound 'nobody'. We don't have a team, Eagles can't fly with these boys. These boys are/were connected to play football overseas but they are NOT GOOD 'ballers. Let us encourage Amodu to look for good footballers that are hungry to represent Nigeria like the Cameroonians. Also, let's pray for luck. I will be so unhappy if we don't qualify
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 20, 2009
akinalabi,
Some of us do not agree with the statement that amodu is arguably the best around.
His conduct in charge of the eagles (i.e. tactics/selections) do not mirror that claim.He gives the impression that he doesnt know what he's doing.

I'm not joining the bandwagon for his removal.But i seriously question his ability/suitability for the Eagles job.
If we eventually qualify so SA2010,can you say with 100% conviction that he is the man suitable to lead us there?knowing that we don't just want to show up at the mundial:we expect to get to the latter stages-quarter final at the very least-can he do it?

His result sheet may look good,but beneath it,we all know he's not the right man for the job.He cannot convince me that he is because from what I've seen,he may likely blow this chance.
The only thing working in his favour (apart from his god-fathers that got him the job) is possibly the fact that the ship has left the harbour,and we can't turn back right now.Meaning it's probably late in the day to make such a chane.we have to live with what we have.other than that,I don't see any reason why he's still coach of the eagles.
I hope we can unite behind him and rally behind the team,though he hasn't helped himself with the series of shoddy performances against teams that have no business giving us half the torrid time they have while we played them.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
akinalabi:

The chap said "arguably the best around" and I agree. You
judge a coach by what he has done so there are not too many
Nigerian coaches that can match him.

We are all talking about Siasia. While he looks like a potentially
great coach, there is no certainty that he will do better.

Doing well in age group competetions is a different ball game.

This one that you're so much bent on this 'see no wrong, hear no wrong' attitude towards
amodu, I hope you'll be kind enough to include him in your ticket plans for the tournament?
At least he can sit by your side at the popular side while you two reminisce on what went wrong
with his preparations and how his luck could have run out so soon.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009 Printer Friendly Version

Our plans for Eagles - Amodu punch

By Adekunle Salami

Super Eagles coach, Shaibu Amodu, has revealed the plans of the technical crew to inject more young players and players in the Nigerian league into the national team.

Amodu said he needed more time to blend and toughen the players to reach the expected level.

He said, "When I took over the team, it was a time the players were at their lowest ebb because Nigeria crashed out of the Nations Cup in the quarterfinal in Ghana.

"So much work was done to enable the team to produce results in previous games for the country but the truth is we are not yet there.

"We are working towards getting players that can fight and win the ball. We are looking at some of the players in the youth teams especially for the midfield.

"I also have names of few home-based players who are going to join us soon because we are still tinkering with various options to get a solid team."

Amodu said the Eagles had World Cup ambition and will fight hard to put the country back on track for a place in South Africa 2010.

He argued that the first World Cup holding in Africa was special to all the players.

"The players want to go to South Africa. We spoke to them after the match in Maputo and I am optimistic that they will display better attitude in subsequent games.

"We are going to play two crucial friendly games to help us determine how to approach the game against Kenya.

"The clubs pay their salaries and we have to respect that. We only have four days or less to train with them for every match. With more time, the team can blend better," Amodu added.

The coach stressed that he was delighted with the support being given to him by the Nigeria Football Federation and the National Sports Commission.

"The NFF has been good to the team and I am also surprised that the NSC showed so much interest in our games," he said

see ur clueless f ^^^ coach
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by sammypai: 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2009
From the onset i knew he doesn't hav wat it takes to handle the eagles, he needs to go b4 the next match,otherwise ,
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2009
Yes, he should just go.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2009
Siasia eyes 2010 W/Cup job nigerian tribune

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

AS he prepares to lead Nigeria's Flying Eagles to the World Youth Championship (WYC) in Egypt, Samson Siasia is still keeping an eye on leading a team to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"You see as a coach, when you have got to a particular level you want to achieve more which is what I am doing right now," Siasia told KickOffNigeria.com.

"Of course yes, I would like to lead a team to qualify for the World Cup, but almost every team has a coach now, but you know that in this business, you can be called upon at any time to lead a team and I believe I will have that opportunity."

Siasia, however, made it clear that he was not in any way alluding to the Super Eagles job, where Shuaibu Amodu is currently in charge despite growing criticism.

"I wish Amodu well and I want him to succeed. Nigeria is not the only team that desires to go to the World Cup in Africa, there are others and I want to believe one of them will come to me," the ex-international said

stupid NFF sign him noooooooooooow before some african country snatch him up
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2009
seee your useless and clueless amodu lamenting; eyahhhhhhhhh oo no bi u make the 22 man squad; eyahhhoo we are ready to die right hah?? all firing cylinder in action right?? do or die hmmmm shocked

Emma Ejiofor’s vote promo in Delta - By Edward Dickson tribune
Eagles ’re not hungry for 2010 W/Cup action - Amodu

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SUPER Eagles coach, Shuaibu Amodu, has said his team has not shown enough push to play at next year’s World Cup. “The real problem is that the Eagles have not shown enough aggression as people who want to play at the World Cup,” said Amodu, who has come under the hammer since Nigeria was held to a goalless draw by Mozambique in a World Cup qualifier in March.

“What we need now are players who are aggressive, hard-fighting, like Dickson Etuhu, Yusuf Ayila and Danny Shittu.” The former Orlando Pirates coach disclosed that he had met Fulham manager, Roy Hodgson, and he was confident Etuhu would figure prominently in his team after he was left out of the trip to Mozambique in March.

Amodu said the matches against Tunisia in June and September would go a long way in determining who qualifies for the World Cup. “We must ensure we pick our remaining points especially the back-to-back ties with Tunisia, which will determine whether we go to the World Cup or not,” he said.

“Nigeria cannot qualify for the World Cup after one game. We must play all six matches and at the end we will know who qualifies for the World Cup.”

Officials informed Goal.com that some players from the local league would also be called up to the Super Eagles after they were earlier shunned by Amodu. One of these players is Olympic team star Chibuzor Okonkwo, who features for Globacom Premier League leader, Bayelsa United. Okonkwo can play either in defence or midfield and deputised for the absent Taye Taiwo at last year’s Beijing Olympics at left full-back.

Nigeria is two points behind group leader, Tunisia in Group 2 of the World Cup qualifying tournament. Mozambique has recorded a point, while Kenya is bottom of the standings with no points after it lost at home to the Tunisians.

Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by olokun(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2009
Is not the matter of changing the coach but the players:The players are playing very well in their respective club but look at the way they are playing for their country.NFA also have their own share also but it all depend on the players.
Up Blues!!!

>>>> www.sportnewsreports..com

Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2009
Amodu makes another call-up blunder?

Monday, April 27, 2009 nigerian tribune

SUPER Eagles head coach, Shaibu Amodu last weekend bizarrely handed a call-up to Hamburg midfielder, Dennis Aogo for the team's 2010 World Cup qualifiers even though it is feared he is not eligible to play for Nigeria.

The former German youth international is among a Super Eagles 29-man squad for June's World Cup qualifiers against Kenya and Tunisia. Aogo, whose father is from Ilesa, Osun State, had apparently been keen on playing for the Eagles, saying that he is been following the Eagles because of his father.

According to BBC Sport, Aogo cannot switch allegiance to Nigeria as he is now 22 years old. FIFA allows players who have represented one country at junior level to switch to another country.

But the statutes of world football's governing body state that this can only happen if they are still under the age of 21. This is the second time Amodu has called up an ineligible player for a World Cup qualifier in recent times.

West Ham United striker, Carlton Cole was named in the squad for the games against South Africa in September and Sierra Leone in October. But the England international, who was then 24 failed to turn up for the game because as expected he could not get the clearance from FIFA.

amodu just have to go!!! bell ringing, menhhhhhhhhhhhhh this man just havnt got any idea
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2009
olokun
Is not the matter of changing the coach but the players:The players are playing very well in their respective club but look at the way they are playing for their country.NFA also have their own share also but it all depend on the players.
Up Blues!!!

and who are those players u are talkin about?

me don tire for una ikokori analist oo

cool
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by babalobi(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2009
Don’t sack Amodu, Jossy Lad pleads

Former handler of Nigerian women national side, The Super Falcons, Coach Joseph Oladipo who is popularly known as Jossy Lad has opposed the calls for the sack of the Super Eagles Coach, Shaibu Amodu over the poor performances of the national team’s qualifying matches for the 2010 World-Cup

http://assemblyonline.info/2009/05/nigeria-news-don%e2%80%99t-sack-amodu-jossy-lad-pleads/
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by davidif: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
Lets go get the following coaches whilst they are still cheap Juande Ramos, Didier Deschamps, Claudio Ranieri, Jurgen Klinsman, Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lgerback Contract To Be Extended / Andres Iniesta Is Better Than Zinedine Zidane - But What Do YOU Think? / Updates From Pre NUGA Games ZONE B Tournament In Lautech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.