Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (4888 Views)

Poll: Should Amodu Shaibu Be Sacked As Super Eagles Coach?

Yes: 79% (96 votes)
No: 20% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2009
Do u support the sacking of amodu shuaibu?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2009
Is it always the fault of the coach when the players are not performing? At times the best thing to do is by sacking the players instead. When the coach has given his instructions will you blame him when the players can't position their legs properly to hit a well targeted shot at the net?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by fosbiggy(m): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2009
Yes and right now!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2009
why? and employ who?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by PAININASS: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2009
I didn't watch the game,SKY f***cked me up,shaibu is going home but not now,he must finish his bad job
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2009
no!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by fyi(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2009
lol, i agree dude.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by mrofficial(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2009
He should be sacked! The big boyz do not respect and listen to him.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2009
mr.official:

He should be sacked! The big boyz do not respect and listen to him.

So who are the big boys going to respect?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by inme: 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2009
what da f.uck are they waitin for

they should have done that long before now
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by kaypinchi(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2009
Yes.
immediately!!!!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by mkusua(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
will that solve the Nigeria soccer problem?, i think Nigeria's failure is not only from the coach, but ehh, make them sack that guy fast,
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Dfash(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
@POSTER.  if you ask me in a TRILLION times , i av got a single answer  -- capital letter NO, HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it always the fault of the coach when the players are not performing? At times the best thing to do is by sacking the players instead. When the coach has given his instructions will you blame him when the players can't position their legs properly to hit a well targeted shot at the net?
[quote][/quote]

NICE ONE MA BROTHER!!!!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by sun69: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
the question should be if amodu is sacked now, when will the next coach to be hired sacked because the same thing will still happen. i think something is wrong with nigeria football not the coaches.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Okaakoko(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2009
let him go, before he completely breaks our hearth
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Uche2nna(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2009
eina:

Wrong, my brother,

A coach makes all the difference in the world, U dont need to go far, Fabio Capello engineered England WC qualifier's with ease, Steve McClaren couldnt even get England to the European Championship and both used the same bulk of team.
Amodu should be bear the brunt of this mess, no punches pulled. He had a mandate , he failed!!! Period!!

However, should he be sacked? Uhhmmmm, No!!!! I expect the stupid FA guys ( who by the way are very inept) to carry out a knee jerk response by givvng Amodu the boot, that wont help anybody. He should be allowed to finish the show of shame in Angola and then be allowed to go.

However, we should start now to look for a new coach and please enuff of this indigenous coach nonsense, we should not lower the standards of our techinical requirements because we want a local coach. The FA should have in mind what attributes the coach of the SE should have and if an indigenous coach fits the bill, then fine, if not , we should look outside the shores of the country. I dont care if the coach comes from Zimbabwe as long as he is capable.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by slimes(m): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2009
Amodu is even lucky to be given a second chance. His 1st chance before now ended not too good for the Super Eagles. I don't know where NFF get these kind of people from. If something is not done to stop this nonsense, another clown would replace Amodu. As for him, he should not think of coming back. Winning is not everything but the urge to win is and the current Super Eagles team has not got the wherewithal.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by slimes(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2009
Amodu is even lucky to be given a second chance. His 1st chance before now ended not too good for the Super Eagles. I don't know where NFF get these kind of people from. If something is not done to stop this nonsense, another clown would replace Amodu. As for him, he should not think of coming back. Winning is not everything but the urge to win is and the current Super Eagles team has not got the wherewithal.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by annyplenty(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2009
even galadinma and yaradua should follow
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by bidemi12(m): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2009
As soon as possible. and for all those saying the boys are the problem and they are not listening to him is enough reason for him to be sacked. A coach that does not command respect is not a coach but a lackey.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by saworoide: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2009
Sack Amodu and his entire coaching team now. Replace them with the following:

Chief Coach : Sir Alex Fergusson,

Assistant:       Mourinho

Technical assistant : Arsene Wenger

Goalkeepers trainer: Gourdiola

This will ensure we reach quarter finals of the nations cup and the 2nd round of the World Cup (that is if we miraculously qualify)
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by inme: 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2009
no, i don change my mind, that Amodu guy should be castrated
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by kizi: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2009
saworoide:

Sack Amodu and his entire coaching team now. Replace them with the following:

Chief Coach : Sir Alex Fergusson,

Assistant:       Mourinho

Technical assistant : Arsene Wenger

Goalkeepers trainer: Gourdiola

This will ensure we reach quarter finals of the nations cup and the 2nd round of the World Cup (that is if we miraculously qualify)

Whahaha replacing the entire coaching staff with the names above will not solve the problem SE problem has always been the NFF
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
kizi:

Whahaha replacing the entire coaching staff with the names above will not solve the problem SE problem has always been the NFF

Tell me what the NFF did wrong this time around.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by CarlosVent(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2009
AMODU FOR ME SHOULD RESIGN AND LEAVE THAT SIT COS D PRESSURE HE CANNOT HANDLE AND I REPEAT NO ONE CAN COACH NIGERIA WELL WITH THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION WE HAVE IN NFF.

THATS MY WORDS FOR U ALL.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by koolchicco: 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2009
in me:

no, i don change my mind, that Amodu guy should be[b] castrated
[/b]

Supported!        Beheading might be better tho.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by kizi: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2009
CarlosVent:

AMODU FOR ME SHOULD RESIGN AND LEAVE THAT SIT COS D PRESSURE HE CANNOT HANDLE AND I REPEAT NO ONE CAN COACH NIGERIA WELL WITH THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION WE HAVE IN NFF.

THATS MY WORDS FOR U ALL.

Seconded!

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Sagamite:

Tell me what the NFF did wrong this time around.

I bet you know how the NFF works over there in 9ja Administration zero, is Amodu the best qualified coach in the country believe it or not if he is sacked today in couple of months he will be reappointed by the same ppl at the NFF
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2009
kizi:

I bet you know how the NFF works over there in 9ja Administration zero, is Amodu the best qualified coach in the country believe it or not if he is sacked today in couple of months he will be reappointed by the same ppl at the NFF

I have not heard of any bonus argument on this campaign.
I have not heard of any passport problem.
I have not heard of lack of facilities.
They organised friendlies and quality ones at that at the right time.
They have not interfered with coaches selection or undermined him.
They have managed national-club relationship diligently.

So what more do you want from them?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Redman44(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2009
Amodu Shuaibu is not a terrible coach, but I think he should be relieved of his position. He is simply not good enough. He has not been able to stamp his authority on the team and the players do not take his instructions seriously. Nigerian football is in serious decline and we need a no nonsense Coach/Team Manager to tinker the Super Eagles. However, before a new coach is hired, the NFF needs to be sanitised angry angry Sani Lulu and the other visionless guys in the Glass House need to go. They are impeding the growth of Nigerian Football. I don't understand why FIFA does not allow the intervention of the Federal Government in NFF affairs. If the NFF wants to stand on its own, it should stop collecting subventions from the government. It is okay with Sepp Blatter for the NFF to be funded by the government, but not acceptable to FIFA for the Presidency to have a say in how the NFF is run. Blatant hypocrisy sad sad  That is why Lulu and his cabinet will continue to run Nigerian football into the doldrums. Nigerian football needs a re-engineering that will take several years to blossom. Ghana did the same thing and their soccer is flourishing. We have to go back to the drawing board and fashion out a new blueprint for Nigerian football.

Getting a new coach is not the most important thing to do now. Our football needs to be restructured from the ground up. Any coach that we employ now will not succeed because the system is flawed. I'm advocating that we follow the German way of football development and administration:

1. Developing A Fluid Academy System: It is time we stopped using overaged players in FIFA and CAF Youth competitions. It does not help us in the long run. We need to be futuristic in our thinking if we want to be world beaters in football. The NFF needs to have a National Soccer Academy that will work with private academies in the country. This National Soccer Academy will work closely with all Primary and secondary schools in the country including Federal Government colleges. The Academy will maintain a database of all the schools in Nigeria on their computers. It is good that we have the Pepsi Football Academy already but the NSA will be in partnership with other academies. We have thousands of talented footballers in our Primary and secondary schools, who can be discovered early by the games masters of these schools who will be reporting to the NSA. The National Soccer Academy will also work with Professional and Amateur clubs in the country by persuading them to sign young footballers from our secondary schools who are on their database. This will help these youngsters who are mostly between the ages of 14-17 to have professional football experience. It is very possible to select a real U-17 team from our secondary schools and the National Soccer Academy. The NSA will also have hundreds of coaches and trainee coaches who will visit different secondary schools in different regions of the country constantly to scout for players. These coaches will also be present at Inter-Secondary school football tournaments and work closely with the Games Masters of these schools. All the outstanding players will now be recruited into the NSA which will have a centre in all the state capitals. The NSA does not need to have new offices built in the state capitals. The Pitch Of a particular secondary school will serve as the training pitch and a office can be rented in the secretariat of the state. It is not about huge sums of money, but deep thinking and planning. Great strategy, so to speak. In Germany and other European countries,real  U-17 and U-20 players are already playing for top clubs. This is because these countries have a functional academy system that does not depend on the government for funding, but looks for private sponsorship.

2. Tapping Into Diasporean Football Talent: Germany and other European countries are really good at snapping up players of foreign parentage. These are players that were born in Germany but whose parents are from another country. Current German National team players like Lukas Podolski, Stefan Klose, Boateng etc have Polish and Ghanaian parents. We need to do the same in Nigeria. Yeah, we have Osaze Odemwingie but we need to get more of his kind who were born and grew up in a culture of commitment to duty and excellence. There are many players of Nigerian origin scattered all over the world. They have the needed talent that will take Nigerian football to the desired heights. Foreign born players bring a lot of bite and energy to the National Squads of their country of origin. One of the best defenders in the history of our football is Reuben Agboola. He was born in England but decided to play for the Super Eagles. We all know what he did at Senegal 92. Agboola was a good player and was very responsible. The NFF has to spread its tentacles wide to recruit these players who were born abroad. Thank God we have the internet which makes things easier.

3. The NFF has to stop going cap in hand to the Federal Government for funding and starting generating income by itself. The NFF must become a marketable organization that will not be relying on grants from the Government and Private bodies. What stops the NFF from starting a National Football Lottery with the proceeds being used to fund and organize friendly matches for our national teams? Why can't the NFF start producing merchandise and publications that football loving Nigerians can buy? Members of the NFF should go and observe how the English FA runs the country's football. They'll learn a lot from the Europeans.

I used to think Samson Siasia was capable of handling the Super Eagles, but I've been proved wrong cry cry cry Siasia's CV has been dented by the poor performance of the Flying Eagles @ Egypt 2009. The Bayelsa Indigene has to win back my love for him by giving Nigerians a good response to his recent failure by handling a Nigerian clubside and winning the African Champions League. I need a great response from you, Mr Siasia. That is one thing I like about Europe. When you perform badly at your job or in other matters, you are given a chance to give a good response to your shortcoming. Carlo Ancelotti asked for a good response from Chelsea Players after the 1-3 loss to Wigan FC. Drogba, John Terry, Juliano Belleti, Michael Essien, Ballack and co gave the coach what he wanted by spanking Liverpool 2-0. Above all, the NFF has to give Nigerians a good response by getting rid of Amodu shuaibu and following the advice I gave above. Then, the current NFF members themselves should apologise to Nigerians and resign honourably. Cheers wink wink
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by omar22(m): 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2009

Yes

(1) He doesnt inspire or oozes confidence (he looks like Coco the clown)
(2) He is clueless!! 15 minutes to go we are going for burst, but we still had a back 4 and 2 holding midfielders when we needed a goal so badly
(3) The players dont respect him.
(4) He is a yes man!!!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2009
omar22:

Yes

(1) He doesnt inspire or oozes confidence (he looks like Coco the clown)
(2) He is clueless!! 15 minutes to go we are going for burst, but we still had a back 4 and 2 holding midfielders when we needed a goal so badly
(3) The players dont respect him.
(4) He is a yes man!!!

Stop chatting rubbish! Yesman to who? Where have ever seen Amodu being a yesman. The man does not take rubbish, evident when he was sacked from taking us to ANC.

Stop throwing blind accusations.

What did you expect him to do? Ask for special permission to use 5 substitutes? OR you did not know Olofinjana is also an Attacking midfielder?

People that know nothing about football all want to be experts.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Sagamite(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
In the currrent ongoing qualifiers, Nigeria is one of the few countries WORLDWIDE (less than 10) yet to lose a SINGLE match. Even brazil have lost 1 and drawn 6.

We drew with Mozambique and drew twice with Tunisia (the only 3 games we have not won in 11 matches) that is why we are in this unfortunate predicament. Even in the first 5 games, we did not concede a single goal and banged in loads. Out of 11 games, we have only conceded 3 goals.

I am not saying Amodu is a World class coach but I definitely do not see him as a horrible coach.

I did not watch the first match against Mozambique so I don't know who to blame.

The one in Tunis, showed lack of tactical nuances which I would blame Amodu for. That said even Alex Ferguson have off days.

The Tunisia one in Abuja, I could not fault Amodu. He did everything I would have done to the letter. I blame the "handsome" foolish bloke called Taye Taiwo. I don't want to see that guy in the SE for the next one year except he is playing left midfield. The fool has cost us a WC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South Africa 2010: Man Of The Match Thread. / London-2012: Task Ahead Is Clear - Minister Of Sports / What Do You Think About Nigerian Commentators?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.