Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Blood On The Altar: Free Copy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blood On The Altar: Free Copy (716 Views)

Blood On The Coat Hanger / Read For Free: Blood On The Altar / Complete Novel For Free (blood On The Altar) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-aXRxM-t_btE/VeQ69gi2S_I/AAAAAAAAAbE/cuXy__ts5H4/s400/book%2Bblood%2Bon%2Bthe%2Baltar%2Bembrossed.jpg[/img]

download free, the 5-chapter edition of BLOOD ON THE ALTAR.

it's free.

download Here
Re: Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
[size=18pt]PROLOGUE[/size]

April, 1965

Beside the historic museum on Helm’s street was a thick bushy virgin land. Crowds were seen gathered on the street while an old woman wailed in agony. Her husband and three children have been killed right on their land which shared a fenced boundary with the museum.
Rumours has it that this dead man gave his friend the documents to the land to help him transact with a potential buyer, but this friend sold this land and gave the owner and his family, stipend. Then there was trouble as the owner was said to have returned the stipend and asked for his land back.
His friend, asked them to meet on the land so he can meet face to face with the buyer and settle the matter, but it was an ambush as he was killed right there with three of his sons who accompanied him.
This woman wailed, but there was no evidence that the friend did it, thus, no helper, no justice.
Re: Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chapter 1
FIFTY YEARS LATER

Blessing decided to check herself once again in her half-broken wall mirror that was leaning on the wall at the corner of her room. She touched her head tie in many places, turning her head side by side as she did so, admiring herself in her broken mirror. The dress on her looked like her skin in its fitness and its light colour that matched her light skin. She didn’t need anyone to tell her; she was a beauty!
She reminisced about last week; last week was awesome, she had tested her popularity and it worked just fine. After the usual morning rehearsal on Sunday, she had left without informing anybody. Few minutes to worship time, the Choir Coordinator called her to ask why she wasn’t in the Church after the morning rehearsal;
“I’m on my period”, she had lied.
“What? So, who will lead the praise and worship?” The Coordinator asked, more in the horror of no one to lead properly if she didn’t. Besides, she was the vocal leader.
“I don’t know”, she replied; “you have Sister Hannah who has proven to be better than I am”, she tried to ask for his view indirectly.
“Ha, Sister Blessing, don’t say that; Sister Hannah is a new member and you know this. She couldn't have been able to do it better like the Pastor wanted and the congregation might not feel the presence of God as you used to bring it down”.
“But the Pastor already said anyone on her period may sit with the congregation and not bother to minister”, she teased further.
“See, Blessing”, he removed the religious formality, “let this stay between you and I, you are not on your menses. Have you told anyone?”
“No, I haven’t”, she answered him, giving him the perfect answer. She giggled inaudibly and bit her lower lip.
“Good, I will try and stall the worship till you come back. How long will it…”
“Ten minutes”, she cuts in excitedly. She was sure the Church couldn't do without her.
“Are you sure?”
Re: Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
“Yes, I will take the bike”, she explained better since ten minutes is rather too small a time frame if the distance from her house to the Church ever mattered. The Coordinator knew this, but only Blessing knew she wasn’t even at her own apartment.
“Thank you. Please don’t disappoint us, Sister Blessing”, the Coordinator begged.
“I won’t disappoint Sir”, she said and disconnected.
She dropped the phone that day and plunged herself into laughter. The truth was she has been having this feeling that Hannah was having the upper hand and having more of the attention of the Choir Coordinator. After her promotion from the youth Choir, the Coordinator has taken much interest in her development; he even once said she should practice better so that she could fill the void Sister Blessing might create in the future. This didn’t go down well with Sister blessing that wasn’t even ready to step aside; not when she hasn’t reached her goal.
“So, you are going back to Church?” Emeka, the guy whom Blessing has gone to his house right after the morning rehearsal ended, asked rhetorically.
“The Church needs me”, she had said, while putting on her skirt.
“But I need you more”, Emeka responded, standing up and caressing her as he held her close to himself. She shrugged him off and started putting on her pink Choir uniform, “we will see later, but now, I must go”.
“You are going after just two rounds?” He asked as if two rounds were a joke.
Sister Blessing flashed him a contentious look and hissed. She finished dressing and said goodbye. Emeka wouldn’t let her go until she agreed to a French kiss. Then she took a commercial bike right in front of Emeka’s house which was even a trek-able distance to Church and landed right in front of the Church.
The Coordinator has been waiting for her, he hurried her through the back door and she appeared just like that on the altar- she was right on the time. The rest was history as she took the stage by storm in her usual way. Angels came down and the glory of God was all over the congregation. People danced and rejoiced, and the Pastor kept flashing her thumbs up as the praise and worship went up to the stars.
That was last week; this morning, she hummed rock of ages to herself as she prepared for the Sunday morning rehearsal. As she grabbed her bible as the final part of her readiness, Emeka came in naked; he had rushed to the toilet after the last round of their sexual escapade.
“Are you dressed already?” He asked as if he didn’t see she was dressed already. He sat on her bed, wearing a disappointed look.
Re: Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
“Yes, Emeka; I want to be in Church before the morning rehearsals. I have something a need to discuss with the Coordinator”, she replied as she prepared to leave.
“This is not acceptable”, Emeka muttered. Blessing didn’t bother to reply; she already knew where he was heading. “Why do you always confine me to just two rounds of the sex?”
She didn’t bother to reply him. She grabbed her bible and announced her exit. Emeka shook his head at her silence, took his trousers from the floor where he had thrown it, dipped his hands in its pocket and gave her transport fare. “I will wait till you’re back”, he said.
“You can’t wait; not here, not in my apartment”, she fired back, firmly.
“Is this because of the house fellowship?” Emeka guessed.
“Yes, because of that; and because I couldn’t afford to be mentioned as part of the workers of Christ who allows a man to sleep over at her place or who sleeps over in a man’s place”.
“But, you are my girlfriend”, he snickered.
“That is even worse. Leave my key where I usually put it, and leave on time. I am the next host for the house fellowship, and I don’t want any problem. I am Sister Blessing, the perfect example to the younger ones; okay?”
Emeka starred at her in disbelief. “If you are the only Christian alive, and a perfect example of one, then I will rather be a pagan”.
“Good for you”, she answered without remorse. “Please, don’t let me meet you here”, she reiterated her instruction, and slammed the door after herself and went her way. Emeka shook his head and started preparing to leave. He scoffed at Sister Blessing’s statement as it crossed his mind again; “Perfect Christian indeed”.
A thought came to his mind and he was too quick to reject it, “God forbid”, he said, snapping his fingers in quick backward movements above his head. Nobody knew what the thought was, but maybe the thought was a question that asked, “What you will do if God says that Blessing is your divine wife?”

END OF CHAPTER ONE
Re: Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
TO BE CONTINUED:

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FIRST FIVE CHAPTERS FOR FREE BY CLICKING HERE

THANK YOU
Re: Blood On The Altar: Free Copy by acmesuccess: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
download your free copy

(1) (Reply)

Sickle Cell / True Friendship Is Risk."stake It" / Expressing The Universal Analogies In Alice Walker’s The Temple Of My Familiar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.