Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud (1247 Views)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / I Never Discredited Ize-Iyamu, Produce video evidence of your visit - Onojie / Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by sashx(m): 2:49am On Sep 01, 2015
wink
The social media has been buzzing with criticism of the comment credited to the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu over two documents said to contain promises the president would achieve within his first 100 days in office.

Shehu had in an article, Understanding Buhari In 100 Days denied authorising any document as the Director of the Media and Communications unit of the APC presidential Campaign Council during the 2015 presidential election.

He said: “In the course of electioneering, the presidential campaign had so many centers of public communication which, for whatever reason were on the loose. There is a certain document tagged “One Hundred Things Buhari Will Do in 100 Days” and the other, “My Covenant With Nigerians”. Both pamphlets bore the authorized party logo, but as the Director of Media and Communications in that campaign, I did not fund or authorize any of those. I can equally bet my last Kobo that Candidate Buhari did not see or authorize those publications.”

Since that viral article, Shehu and by extension President Muhammadu Buhari has been under fire for denying the promises it purportedly made while campaigning to Nigerians.

Most commentaries suggest that the President deceived Nigerians with the promises just to get their votes only to renege few months after.

However, video evidence from the paper presentation by President Muhammadu Buhari in February, 2015 at the Chattam House in London gives credence to the denial by Garba Shehu.

During the question and answer session at the Chattam House presentation, an audience member had sought to know what to expect from Buhari within his 100 days in office.

The question from the audience member and Buhari’s response goes thus:

Question

In view of the current state in Nigeria in terms of the huge, huge need for change, and therefore the cry for the general to take power and bring about the change, the high expectation is such that people will really be looking for some quick solutions in view of this deep, deep need for change. What would the general do in, say, the first 100 days when elected to power, to sustain these expectations that the Nigerians have for him to bring about positive change?

Answer By Muhhamadu Buhari

“The second one: high expectations and what to do with the first 100 days. Yes, I respect that question because quietly I was thinking about these high expectations. Those who are following the trail of our campaigns can see how people are turning out, some becoming emotional and crying. I am really getting scared that if I get there they will expect miracles within the next week or months. That would be very dicey handling that one. I think we have to have a deliberate campaign to temper high expectations with some reasonableness on the part of those who are expecting miracles to happen.”

“Just to go first to the ‘first 100 days’, some of it is fraudulent and I don’t want to participate in any fraud in any form. Nigerians know that we are in trouble as a people and as a country.”

“When we get there we will quickly get correct intelligence of what is on the ground and inform Nigerians and just learn what I have just read. We will make sure that the appropriation and application of public resources will not be allowed. You would be surprised by how much savings we will realize. That saving will be ploughed back into development and this is what I can promise. But I would remove that ‘100 days’”

READ: My Manifesto and Vision for Nigeria – Muhammadu Buhari

See the video below. Watch from the 34th minute to the 36th minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m4asXkZwRM&ebc=ANyPxKrC_jkcZBIkZPAcWxlibkWsjTVZ8quZxasG27x3G_BCs5JD6IpBTZ7wJOegsiZdFuLkMf5OiAx8YyL5V1SM4-yaGSRtfg

Source: http://abusidiqu.com/video-evidence-from-buharis-chatham-house-speech-where-he-called-100-days-promise-a-fraud/

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by madridguy(m): 2:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Finally honey moon is over.... Let's start the work right now...May God guide you to the right direction my amiable president.

Sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by donholy28(m): 3:00am On Sep 01, 2015
His puppets oya come and defend him

1 Like

Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by Webbet(m): 3:01am On Sep 01, 2015
Nigeria is in a big mess and only time is needed to clean it up. Lets wait patiently and pray for the change to arrive.

2 Likes

Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by spenca: 6:56am On Sep 01, 2015
donholy28:
His puppets oya come and defend him

Am sure you didn't read that write up if not you would know there isn't a reason to defend but the video itself is self defending for Buhari and shehu.

But op I remember clearly because I was a very attentive follower of the last election and an advocate of Buhari , the so called "document" came out after this symposium , it was in the media very few days to the election , say the last week before the elections

1 Like

Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 01, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2015
The 100 days promises is fraudulent…… mr dulla-rd said so.

this man na fraud and I bet he said that without knowing the implication. after all he has problem in remembering things.

fake change.
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by koboko69: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
The 100 days promises is fraudulent…… mr dulla-rd said so.

this man na fraud and I bet he said that without knowing the implication. after all he has problem in remembering things.

fake change.

All this kids sef. Are u sure u understand wjat u read or u just felt like commenting from ur anus?
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by Dosinspector(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2015
See them criminals,why didn't u say this during ur campaign since u guys re saints and incorruptible
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2015
koboko69:

All this kids sef. Are u sure u understand wjat u read or u just felt like commenting from ur anus?
all this old men self, why are you always behaving like a daft and blind person once your dulla-rd has mess up?
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari is a perpetual liar.. I think APC should be linked up with Akpos Jokes.. grin
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by razid: 7:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Thanks OP for this. I actually wanted to do a piece on this video evidence because I know all along the "100 days" yardstick is Nigerians invention. The question was asked by the APC Chairman in UK and PMB immediately rebuffed the claim of the "mythical 100 days" as shown in the video. But I will ascribe the hullabaloo to the overzealousness of the APC party members who were just gallivanting about without necessary clearance from the Campaign Directorate.

Another issue that will still generate uproar is when he finally makes public declaration of his assets. People are anxiously expecting that he doesn't have more than one million naira in his bank account. So when they see assets worth millions of naira, they are still going to shout. But when asked during his interview with Ebony TV before the election, he has debunked such claim. Even the issue of 150 cows was facebook contraption. He never authored most of those releases but because it serves the purpose at that time, nobody issues a rebuttal. Just like his daughter marrying a Christian Colonel from the South East just to prove that he wasn't a religious bigot was also denied.

As anybody even noticed that most of the governors are yet to have their cabinets in place? These are issues that concern you and me directly or are they also waiting on the President to appoint for them?
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by lunaticfringe: 8:09am On Sep 01, 2015
This statement from the media representatives of President is highly hypocritical in the sense that `he rode on the promise of100 days in power miraculous change across the land to Aso rock` knowing fully well that it was a big scam.

I don't want to be a spoilsport but in the light of recent publication from the media house of Aso rock, it would be fair to say that the president has been misleading the entire populace cos If the 100 days hullabaloo was a scam, what then is real

I ask, what then does the man in charge have in store for the nation What are the expectations of the common man What bedrock do the populace have and can use to hold him accountable for being the no. 1 man of the nation
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2015
Useless CHANGE GOVERNMENT
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by MizMyColi(f): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2015
Excuse me, none of this changes the fact that APC and allies rode on the intellectual sensibilities of Nigerians.
This is why they are termed a fraudulent party.

When Buhari made that statement, what did the media/campaign team do?
Shouldn't they have made a public disclaimer that should go viral in order to sensitize Nigerians on these fraudulent messages?

Wait, why didn't Buhari categorically state the parts which were fraudulent?
How does this change the fact that he himself made utterances which he has not been able to fulfil.
These media assistants of Mr President should just shut up!
They are already insulting their lineage.

Why wait until hundred days later to refute these claims?
All I see is a carefully crafted plan by the APC to hoodwink Nigerians by promising them utopia and at the same time maintain plausible deniability.
Nonsensical Monumental Frauds!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by freez2ryme(m): 8:36am On Sep 01, 2015
APC b like man wey dey "kpokpo", he fit promise d woman anytyn from car to house

When e don drop

E be lik

" did I promise u dat"
Re: Video Evidence From Buhari’s Chatham Spech WiaHe Called“100 Days Promis'a Fraud by obailala(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Who really cares about 100 days achievements?.... The real report card is going to be out in 2019.

Okay, buhari has denied knowledge of any 100 days promise document and this video has clearly vindicated him. However, I did not expect the opposition to back down from their vituperations but the big question is, who cares? ... Who even listens to what the wailing looters say except themselves?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas Begging Biafrans Not To Go / Inconsequential Portfolios Given To Ndigbo, Ohaneze, Njiko Igbo Alledges. / The Day Ovuozourie Macaulay Bagged Okiroro Of Isoko Land Chieftaincy Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.