Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? (16143 Views)

Why Are People Still Blaming Colonialism For African Poverty? / What Is Your Phobia For 'Ember' Months? / Why Are People Like This Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by nkemdi89(f): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
Am scared of march..
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by mecuzee(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
U speak my language! I like you already...

vizkiz:
I don't know why, neither do I care. All I know is that the Lord says "fear not, for I am with you"

He also said "no weapon fashioned against you sHall prosper"

He went ahead and made it more certain that "the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run unto it and are saved" wink

So tell me what I'v gat to fear? cheesy

Incase you still doubting, he said he has rebuked the kings on my behalf and he told them "touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm"

Am I gonna fear "Ember" months? Nah... tongue

See as I just dey quote bible whey them no ask me grin
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by mecuzee(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Psalm 27 is my answer to this question!

1 Light, space, zest—
that’s God!
So, with him on my side I’m fearless,
afraid of no one and nothing.
2 When vandal hordes ride down
ready to eat me alive,
Those bullies and toughs
fall flat on their faces.
3 When besieged,
I’m calm as a baby.
When all hell breaks loose,
I’m collected and cool.
4 I’m asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I’ll contemplate his beauty;
I’ll study at his feet.
5 That’s the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.
6 God holds me head and shoulders
above all who try to pull me down.
I’m headed for his place to offer anthems
that will raise the roof!
Already I’m singing God-songs;
I’m making music to God.
7-9 Listen, God, I’m calling at the top of my lungs:
“Be good to me! Answer me!”
When my heart whispered, “Seek God,”
my whole being replied,
“I’m seeking him!”
Don’t hide from me now!
9-10 You’ve always been right there for me;
don’t turn your back on me now.
Don’t throw me out, don’t abandon me;
you’ve always kept the door open.
My father and mother walked out and left me,
but God took me in.
11-12 Point me down your highway, God;
direct me along a well-lighted street;
show my enemies whose side you’re on.
Don’t throw me to the dogs,
those liars who are out to get me,
filling the air with their threats.
13-14 I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness
in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!
Take heart. Don’t quit.
I’ll say it again:
Stay with God.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Omooba77: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Another sad day at Ojuelegba
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Lero15(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Cleversheva9:

Hahahahaha
grin
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Lero15(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
markmira:

dont you have somtin better to say?? Why are you obsessed wit the ladies?? U sex starved or what huh?

Where is your sense of humor? undecided
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by xamiel4(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
You are asking abi? Since Ojuelegba bridge was built have you heard about any auto-mobile falling from it? Was is it now today 2nd of septeMBER that a tanker fell off the bridge and killed some people? Abi you have not heard that it is during the period of MBAR month that ONE CHANCE and RITUAL goes rampage?

Everybody just have to be prayerful.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
lt's becos people die more on ember months,4 those dat drive car are afraid because ember months brings about more Accident/congestion on roads.ember months na month wey u go c family man/people in relationship hustling hard 2 meet up with their wife or girlfriend needs before salah/Christmas celebration and dis inturn makes arm robbers rampant on highways SO tell me why people no go fear ember months pass d rest...
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Spydamannn(m): 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
The year is Running to an End so there's a Lot of People Running Around and Collision is Inevitable....Meanwhile Touch Not my Anointed
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 1:48am On Sep 03, 2015
Lero15:

Where is your sense of humor? undecided
GOOGLE.COM
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by shut(f): 2:37am On Sep 03, 2015
Hahaha Nigerians are damn funny but it's one kinda outrageous truth.
This period,accident and other shitty stuffs is rampant due to carelessness and having fun the stupid way.

Instead for us to face the real Goliath, we hide under the shades of some spiritual and traditional myths of demons and witches tales from the village.

Hmm Allah help us
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
Ha! My brother. This is the period when many "village and city winch" will rainforce their power to make some people shed tears.
Awon iya mi at'enu jeba at'idi su" i fear o. One needs to be extra-watchful and prayerful in these "ember" months.

Friend grow up, stop this display of stupidity, if village witches wanted to kill u it should have been in January. tongue
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by ElPhoche(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2015
I think it can be the recklessness and people huzzling to meet for their December-ish. In fact, I lost my first patient, as a doctor, on Tuesday, which is the 1st of the first Ember month, due to road traffic accident...
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Am actually happy when it comes to ember months cause my birthday actually fell on this particular period. cheesy grin
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by tpiander: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin / Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. / African Time: Who Invented This Phrase?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.