Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions (437 Views)

Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Ekiti Workers Beg Fayose For Lateness (new Photos) / Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions by cccxxiii: 6:31am On Sep 01, 2015
For coming late to work monday, 31 civil servants that cut across various ministries and departments in Ekiti State were yesterday recommended for serious disciplinary actions by the state government.

The Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, who had arrived the State Secretariat located along Ado-new Iyin road in company of the
Head of Service, Dr. Gbenga Faseluka, were caught napping and found it difficult to extricate themselves from blame, having been warned by government at various fora.

Some of the workers came to work at about 8.30 am, which the governor described as unfortunate and unacceptable to his government.
The affected workers, who burst into tears, had prostrated while those who were women, had knelt down and begged the governor to rescind the pronouncement to save them from being sacked.

The governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, in a statement in Ado-Ekiti, said the visit was part of unscheduled visits the governor would be paying to government offices.

The governor, who arrived the State Secretariat along New Iyin Road, Ado-Ekiti by 8am, ordered that the main gate be locked.

The governor, who expressed displeasure at the attitude of some workers in the state, said such acts of indiscipline must be stopped.
He ordered his aides and the Head of Service to take down the names of the affected workers as stern disciplinary action must be taken against them.

“If a labourer is worth his wages, the employer also is worth his services. I have warned workers in the state repeatedly about coming late to work or taking their jobs with laxity. Despite the paucity of funds, we have been regularly paying workers’ salaries.

“If workers are paid regularly, the workers too must justify our efforts and work for the money they earn. There are many people out there searching for jobs. I want to take the workers by surprise and I will visit a lot of places. This will be a continuous exercise.

“Those that are not disciplined and not ready to key in to our policy of taking the state to greater height will be shown the way out,” he said.

The Head of Service, Dr. Faseluka said since punctuality is the soul of business, workers must take discharging their duties and coming to work on time with seriousness.

“It is a consummation of what we have been doing concerning punctuality on the part of workers. For the past few weeks, we have been emphasising this. It is time to enforce discipline and we have to mete out sanctions to erring workers. When you issue circular, pleas and some people are recalcitrant you have to sanction them,” the HoS said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lateness-fayose-recommends-31-civil-servants-for-disciplinary-actions/219063/

Re: Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions by MikelEleta(m): 6:32am On Sep 01, 2015
To whom much is given much is expected. Late coming is never tolerated by any serious administrator. Frm d report dy ve been warned abt it in different fora. I tink after investigation nd afta hearing frm d workers dose without genuine reasons shud be sanctioned to serve as lessons to others
Re: Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions by modath(f): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Fayose has always gotten on my nerves with his antics but this is so cool & on point!!. Unfortunately my Ekiti people may begin to have issues with him cos some of them felt strongly about this, believing he is no longer their friend.
Re: Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions by RichDad1(m): 6:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Although, I'm not his fan, this is a very commendable step.
The[b] nonchalant attitude[/b] and Idontcarerism among our civil servants is out of this world.
Good one Mr Governor.
Nigeria must be great again

Please what's happening with Mr Olysola Saraki (The Traitor)? He seems to have gone underground recently? Fear of PMB, EFCC or Tinubu?
Re: Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions by Glowstone(m): 6:53am On Sep 01, 2015
so fayose been no dey go work late
Re: Lateness: Fayose Recommends 31 Civil Servants For Disciplinary Actions by koligs: 6:55am On Sep 01, 2015
I just feel fayose is trying to make the public and masses like him...
Fayose i know doesn't care about all this before.
But i must say he is doing a great job. Let other governors emulate this act and let there be a better Nigeria i pray thee.

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refineries Resumes Full Operation, / Drainage / Military Frees 128 Boko Haram Detainees In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.