Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

My Family Needs Little Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Needs Little Advice. (1176 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation / My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Needs Little Advice. by stan4b(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Hello guys, pls I need a little advice.
I av two elder brothers,my immediate elder brother is in Europe. The first born is the main reason why am creating this topic. My eldest brother graduated from Uniben, he has finish service over four years ago. My mum is the only one we have, dad died about 7 years ago. So, its my mum that saw me and my eldest brother through school. My mum has spent close to 300k because of my eldest brother (today he ll come for money to start up a little biz, tomoro it ll b money to get a slot for a government job.) Now, after four years of staying at home doing nothing, my mum is getting tired of his demands. He has been asking mum for money to start up a biz with his friends, though my mum didn't want to give him at first, but after much argument nd threat, she finally gave him today. All this is really affecting me. Guys, pls, is it ok if I warn my mum not to ever spend any money on him again? May be it ll make him finally fulfill his threat of moving out of d house. Or should I just tell him to go stay somewhere else, maybe his friends place. Am confuse. Pls, I need advice. The more he's staying at home doing nothing, d more am beginning to dislike him.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by Cutehector(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2015
Ur mom is d problem.. She should stop givin him money... He gota hustle on his own... And u too... U guys should allow ur mum to hav peace

1 Like

Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by Jennifer89(f): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2015
your elder brother is a full grown man, he should be hustling on his own and stop asking your mum for money. plz talk to your mum to stop giving him money. she has tried for him.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by thorpido(m): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2015
Once your mum is taking care of household expenditure,she should stop doling out money to him.Are you still in school,Op?Do you still have younger ones your mum is taking care of?Let her deal with those ones.
Let your brother move out more and stop waiting for your mum to be his ATM.
You can tell your mum to cut down on the handout.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by DonTim1: 10:30am On Sep 01, 2015
All he needs / has missed is GUIDANCE

Though an 'old dog', not too late to find someone to [b]mentor [/b]and [b]guide [/b]him. As long as he doesnt spend the money on frivolities, i think he will get back on track.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by stan4b(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2015
thorpido:
Once your mum is taking care of household expenditure,she should stop doling out money to him.Are you still in school,Op?Do you still have younger ones your mum is taking care of?Let her deal with those ones.
Let your brother move out more and stop waiting for your mum to be his ATM.
You can tell your mum to cut down on the handout.
I av three younger ones.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by Haywhymido(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Allow ur mother to concentrate on the little ones financially. Av a friendly chat with ur brother. Mildly,ask him what is going on
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Haywhymido:
Allow ur mother to concentrate on the little ones financially. Av a friendly chat with ur brother. Mildly,ask him what is going on

And direct him to the nairaland jobs section.

1 Like

Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by Haywhymido(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
Joavid:

And direct him to the nairaland jobs section.
dat complete it.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by ogogoro: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
You can't 'warn' your mum - she isn't a baby and she only wants to see all her kids succeed. Speak to your brother and advice him instead. He should be contributing, not draining resources.
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by Chidoks(f): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
I must comnend your mum.she is a super hero.however advice her to remove her mind from him.it's possible she worries/ cares too much about your elder brother thus he misbehaves abd issues threat of moving out. moving out ? his mates have moved out already so let mamma concentrate on the younger ones.if he doesn't get much attention, he's bound to behave.
try talking to him but don't argue.be as respectful as you can, hit the points and wrap it up.God bless your ma!( amen)
Re: My Family Needs Little Advice. by stan4b(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Chidoks:
I must comnend your mum.she is a super hero.however advice her to remove her mind from him.it's possible she worries/ cares too much about your elder brother thus he misbehaves abd issues threat of moving out. moving out ? his mates have moved out already so let mamma concentrate on the younger ones.if he doesn't get much attention, he's bound to behave.
try talking to him but don't argue.be as respectful as you can, hit the points and wrap it up.God bless your ma!( amen)
Tanx dear

(1) (Reply)

Housewife Gets Huge Toilet Cake For 40th Birthday [PICS] / Ghanaian Couple Living In UK Gives Birth To 3rd Set Of Twins (see Photos) / Fact About Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.