Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments (711 Views)

Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Damage Control: Garba Shehu Defends BUHARI'S Dictatorial Speech, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by Emmalez(m): 10:16am On Sep 01, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-NkaauAKQIAI/VeVnzv1DUZI/AAAAAAAGbyI/jOPCKCz4A-M/s400/4.jpg[/img]

Following the public outcry over president Buhari's appointments made recently, the governor of Edo state Adams Oshiomole, has released a statement defending the appointments of President Buhari.

In the statement signed by his chief Press secretary, Peter Okhiria, Oshiomole said the appointments made so far have been based on merits. According to him, the time has come for Nigeria to use unusual methods to solve her unusual problems. The statement in part reads;

"The Nigerian nation has come to a point where we have to use the best hands to confront the peculiarity of our problems. It is not all the time we descend to the level of geopolitical balancing; we need to employ unusual methods to solve an unusual problem. The level of decay in the country at present requires very seasoned hands and incorruptible Nigerians that will help translate the APC agenda of change for the benefit of all Nigerians. We must not reduce governance to political patronage of bread and butter. The governor congratulates the Chief of Staff, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the Comptroller General of Customs, all of who he had very close relationship with and whose credentials stand tall among their compeers. He wishes them well in their new jobs of helping to sanitize a system that has become so rotten and corrupt as a result of manifest incompetence and mismanagement.”

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/09/oshiomole-defends-buharis-appointments.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by donholy28(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2015
Amaechi will disagree with him

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by macolino(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2015
What else will osho Baba say? betrayals

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by FreeGlobe(f): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2015
Villa Sycophant.. We have accepted Buhari's role as king of the north

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by IGBOSON1: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2015
This Ompa-Lumpa should shut up! So there's nobody worthy of appointment from the South East based on merit?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by mars123(m): 10:39am On Sep 01, 2015
If i was president and i wanted to change Nigeria, i will not go and make 1 corrupt politician to be my chief of staff or SGF when i have trusted goons rolling with me since day 1.

Buhari i trust, that man sha dey reason like elder.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by faithugo64(f): 10:41am On Sep 01, 2015
oshobaba is sure having diarrhea of the mouth this season

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by janeso(f): 10:56am On Sep 01, 2015
He said notin. For all I can read

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by bjdon: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Ok Oshimole I agree with you 100%. In fact what you are really saying is that Nigeria should become a MERITOCRACY. Where the best get the jobs, admissions etc.
SO In that case can you please tell us when the following will happen.

1: When will the concept of Federal Character be expunged from the Constitution? After all as you've said we need the best hands for the jobs so no need to be constrained by having to fill posts from all parts of the country.

2: When will admissions criteria to all Federal institutions be standardized? After all we we want the best students admitted regardless of where they come from, so clearly a case where a student from Taraba can pass an exam with 2 while a southern student has to score 130 is clearly not what you would expect in a MERITOCRACY.

So by all means let's do away with ALL ethnic balancing and make the Merit the SOLE criteria for appointments and admissions, across the board.

Somehow I don't think Buhari and he's Hausa-Fulani brothers are interested in traveling down that road
Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by vision2022: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2015
Stupid idiot, is like that small girl he married has started feeding him with breast milk.
Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by obailala(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari was voted to change the dilapidated status-quo. If his government fails, he takes all the blame so I am in total support of him doing his thing in anyway he deems it fit as long as it is within the confines of the law and as long as it brings the desired results. All I want is a fulfilment of a reasonable percentage of his campaign promises. Without much done, I am already beginning to smell the greatness that's being cooked from miles away.

Anyone who isn't happy with Buhari's style of leadership should hold on tight to their PVCs in preparation for 2019. SIMPLE!
Re: Oshiomole Defends Buhari's Appointments by bababuff(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2015
There are more appointments to come, why are Nigerians always in a hurry?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s 100 Days: Placing Nigeria On The Firm Path To Recovery – Bola Tinubu / Origin Of The Wailing Wailers / Another Message Of A Biafran Patriot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.