Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako (664 Views)

Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima / Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako / Compilation Of Pmb's Appointments To Date And Their Equivalents Under Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by Sparonani(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
A member of President Muhammadu
Buhari’s Sub-committee on Transition
and former military administrator of Akwa
Ibom State, Colonel Yakubu Bako (rtd),
has condemned insinuations that the
president’s appointments favoured only the North, saying southerners are holding
about 30 key positions in the present
federal government. In an interview with selected newsmen in
Kano at his personal residence, Col.
Bako stated that the president has been
taking his time to appoint qualified and
able Nigerians based on confidence,
honesty, dedication to duty and acceptance of responsibility, irrespective
of their regional identities. He said, “I have read in some national
dailies that there are lopsidedness in
PMB’s appointments, that he is favouring
the Northern region, and the South is left
out. “Southerners holding key financial
appointments under the present federal
government are the governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria, group managing
director of NNPC, chairman, Federal
Inland Revenue, chairman, Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Commission, DG
of Bureau of Public Procurement and
CEO of Nigerian Stock Exchange. “Others holding key security
appointments are the chief of defence
staff, chief of naval staff, inspector
general of police and comptroller general
of prisons. “To maintain stability in the Niger Delta,
PMB has the southerners as the
Managing Director of Niger Delta
Development Commission (NDDC),
Special Assistant on Niger Delta,
Director General of National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency. “Added to these are the Director General,
National Youth Service Corps, Director
General of Nigeria Tourism Development
Corporation, not forgetting the CEO of
Nigeria Metrological Agency, Chairman of
NPC, DG of NIMC, MD of Sovereign Investment Commission and DG of
Standards Organisation of Nigeria.
Re: Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by joncom(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
For where
Re: Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by jbcul4ril(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
My plead with Nigerians is that since they were patient with PDP/GEJ for all this years respectively, it will only be fair to be patient with PMB for 4years then we decide whether to give him another chance or not if he can continue in his age. All this sentiment of who and where someone is appointed from has never help us but only the relations of these office holders. If all our legislators for example use the community development funds to fix their various constituencies, we will be better off since 1999. Same with governors.
When i see DUBAI, i shed tears for this nation and i ask myself; How old is Nigeria compare to Dubai? We are less than zero behind. Okay let not go to DUbai, lets take Ghana for example; they are far ahead of us and we shamelessly go there for vacations. Kai!!
Why are we where we are today as a Nation? CORRUPTION.
In Abuja where am writing from are so many cheap properties for sale because people cannot find free money to steal again. Every linkage for siphoning government fund is blocked. We must encourage it. The resources of the nation must work for us all not for a few individuals and

1 Like

Re: Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by fammo: 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Federal Character and Federal development are 2 different entities. Is there a correlation between both entities? The antecedence of Nigeria since 1999 till 2015 has shown the opposite. Politicians only benefitted from Federal Character and Federal Development suffered and starved. The past administration made appointments based on fed character and the we ended up having people's whose integrity and loyalty to the country were highly in doubt. Never Again!
If I had my way I will have both Federal Character and Federal development, buh if I am to choose between both, Federal development will be my choice all d way!
Re: Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by FreeGlobe(f): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
This illiterate should tell how many southern the king of the north has appointed
Re: Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by omolami: 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
What do we expect from bako Yakubu who is a co northerner. What people are saying is that national character has been thrown to the durstbin by Buhari. Ratio of north to south appointments is outrageous Ratio 30:5 ,can't you see? Maybe bako is equally patching gari for possible appointment under APC. Bako needs to see beyond his nose.
Re: Pmb’s Appointments Also Favoured South – Col Bako by Runaway: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
This man dey listen to himself @ all, now PMB appoint CBN governor, Nigerian Stock Exchange, police boss, Managing Director of Niger Delta
Development Commission (NDDC), Special Assistant on Niger Delta,
Director General of National Oil Spill Detection
and Response Agency. “Added to these are the
Director General,
National Youth Service Corps, Director
General of Nigeria Tourism Development
Corporation, not forgetting the CEO of
Nigeria Metrological Agency, Chairman of
NPC, DG of NIMC, MD of Sovereign Investment
Commission and DG of
Standards Organisation of Nigeria? This man most be high on something....

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers In Court To Challenge Buhari And Osinbajo's Assets Declaration. Photo / Nairaland...a Retrospect In Photos / Buhari To Meet With Obama, Cameron, Ban Ki Moon At UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.