Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66165 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Lawsimon(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
johnwell:

ndu ke idun idad (lagos), nyedi uyo mbemiso uduaa emi akwenge
hahahahahahahahaha! Ata i dung idad. Mfanga itiehe.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Akhere1: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
You can seen what this lady she going through now in name of love stick with your man and go ahead and do your wedding and remove second thought in your mind, read the story below of a girl like you

I'm going through a difficult time in my life and needed help badly, to cut the long story short, I met this man through a friend i was living with, she introduce me to this guy saying he has money and he will be able to take care of me, I had no choice because I needed help and the guy has the money to give..

I started dating him and he gives me money a lot and promise to get me an accommodation which I did believe him of course. I got pregnant for him and he told me to keep the pregnancy which i refused but my girlfriend told me to keep it that he may even marry me. After five months plus, he started changing towards me and telling me he doesn't have money anymore. When I try to talk about the situation at hand, he gets angry and even tries to hit me..

He does not give me money anymore, he is always drinking and smoking.. I couldn't go for an abortion because I was scared and it's too late for abortion. I came home after service on Sunday and found out that he was not at home and he has packed all his things and left an empty house for me. I cried through out that day. Where am I going to start from with almost six months pregnancy? I later found out that he's married and he has 3 kids..
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sewinton: 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
Dear, the truth is ur fiance is not d problem here,ur heart is already wit someone else. Ur love for ur hubby to be has really depreciated, I wouldn't want to conclude u no longa love him and dat's d reason for d quarrels and all d complain. I am married and a female like u, so I think am in a positn to help. It is nt advisable u marry someone u dnt love, as it is now u ar already cheatin on ur hubby to be. My candid advice is u suspend d marriage plans for now and settle things wit ur hubby to b, please do dis prayerfully, meanwhile break all communication line wit d other guy jst to affirm his presence isn't d cause of d whole issue, cos it's a two way thing, it's either u guys ar bth tired of d relatnship n nids to part way oR a fault coming frm u for giving another man aattention. Still search ur heart thoroughly, u definitely know wt d cause f d issue is, u ar a female, pls be truthful to urself.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by samoks(m): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.

Best and most matured response for the o.p in my own opinion
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by samoks(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
cococandy:
Cold feet before a wedding is normal as it is a big nay huge and permanent life decision. You wonder if this decision will be worth it.
So yes doubts are okay. But if you can't pinpoint any particular thing wrong with the guy, then you don't really have any problems. Nobody is ever 100percent sure until they start living day to day with the person.

As for the new guy, pls don't make any decisions because of him. I have zero trust for anyone who would go out with someone that's already in a committed relationship. If you leave your man for him, he won't trust you not to leave him for someone else.

A word they say is enough for the right thinker
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Sweetlemon(f): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
I don't know why everyone is attacking the op o.
If I got her right, she and her fiance have been ahaving issues for 6 months now, before she met the new guy. How are we so sure her fiance is not also having doubts but too scared to tell her? He may be cheating too.

Look here you'all, it's not about how long a relationship is but how solid it is. You don't marry someone just because you've been together for 10 years or whatever. You marry because you know that is the person (among all the others in the world) you want to grow old with.

No wonder so many many married people cheat these days. Smh.

OP, have a heart to heart with fiance asap. Get to the very bottom of your 6 months issues now. NOW. Don't mind all these oversabis here, a broken engagement is far much more better than a broken marriage.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Sweetlemon(f): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
sewinton:
Dear, the truth is ur fiance is not d problem here,ur heart is already wit someone else. Ur love for ur hubby to be has really depreciated, I wouldn't want to conclude u no longa love him and dat's d reason for d quarrels and all d complain. I am married and a female like u, so I think am in a positn to help. It is nt advisable u marry someone u dnt love, as it is now u ar already cheatin on ur hubby to be. My candid advice is u suspend d marriage plans for now and settle things wit ur hubby to b, please do dis prayerfully, meanwhile break all communication line wit d other guy jst to affirm his presence isn't d cause of d whole issue, cos it's a two way thing, it's either u guys ar bth tired of d relatnship n nids to part way oR a fault coming frm u for giving another man aattention. Still search ur heart thoroughly, u definitely know wt d cause f d issue is, u ar a female, pls be truthful to urself.

Another mature open-minded response. Op pls listen to her.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by henryhemon(m): 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.

You will be doomed if you take this advise. She said marriage no be beans, shows you her kind of mentality. I ask what is beans in life? Nothing is easy in life please. You are probably having rush of blood with the new guy and it will die down with time too but with your emotional instability,its obvious you are not ready for marriage. Why did you meet the new guy when you have someone serious? you are the real problem here.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by MIMOSAXY(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
follow ur heart (a known Devil better pass angel o) coolfollow ur heart (a known Devil better pass angel o)
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by MIMOSAXY(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
coolfollow ur heart (a known Devil better pass angel o)
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by EmmyDe25(m): 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.
How are my so sure you aren't f^acking the new guy already? Ladies! You lots are just naturally insatiable! This is why some men often time decides to just go for baby mamas, instead of settling down.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by johnwell(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sanjayd1:

Thanks for quoting me. I didn't even get the title right. OP, its "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor "
Ayin Eka, e tie didie?

Jesus.....
mfioke nte ke edima eyeneka mi k'edi, ufan ima idioke, Abasi akara nyin!
Abasi odiong fi!

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Rendition(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
vizkiz:
you see what I keep saying?

"Hoes everywhere" undecided
lmfaoooooo
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Rendition(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sigh.........women are always emotionally driven, while men weigh der action considering now nd the future, I knw ur scared abt d communication gap u faced couple of months back buh it shudnt judge if u wanna spend the rest of ur life with ur fiancee and again except ders more to dis dat u cant or not willin to share
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by TUBLEZ(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
This bae will definitely cheat on her husband after marriage, planning wedding and still giving another guy attention.. Walahi u r bad girl
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
tayotayotayo:
Ok I wont dignify U by replying again coz obviously u r depressed, go jump inside lagoon if life don taya U or drink rat poi.songrin

You are an IMBE.CILE angry ,NEVER IN YOUR LIFE QUOTE ME AGAIN!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Emge(m): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.
Pls dear be careful, u dont even know whether ur man is having the same feeling as u are and set all
these up. Even after wedding, u'll still have such doubts or feelings(i mean marriage is sweet and bitter and the the bitter part is very bitter). All u need to do is to recharge the battery of your relationship when the power is getting low. And dont forget to involve him ie discuss the issue with him.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by enitey(f): 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
You shouldn't have started anything with the second guy

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by leonprince: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.
abeg no one can't pretend for 5years except Op never knew the guy. Don't get me wrong, people change due to the influences they are expose to bt our core characters are the same. Op said she knows the guy loves her and she loves the guy bt the problem is with her.

And this new guy knows abt ur BF for 5 years. What makes u think he wouldnt leave u for another girl? If he can't respect ur relationship wat makes u think he will respect ur relationship with u? That's if he wants one

Op u r a very inconsiderate person to urself, BF, ur BF's family and ur family. U wasted 5years to recognize the fact u r confuse, after calling his people to meet ur people. In case u don't know 5 years is 60 months that appro. 1900 dayz.

After 5years of relationship u should know by now love is beyond just emotions or feelings bt more of a decision. Chioce! If u leave this ur BF and follow this random guy u hv made a decision and u should be able to leave with it for the rest of ur life and vise versa!

Now ask urself am I ready to destroy what I hv built for 5 years I.e u have wasted time, money, common sense try and look back to all the fight u guyz had and how u hv become stronger in the relationship b4 this random guy showed up!

I hv never even being in a relationship up to 2years bt if I hv reached even 3 years with a girl she go don carry belle sef.

Having cold feet is one thing bt being distracted hmmmmm ma sister that one is strong! angry
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by ElFenomeno1: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kicking off here..... grin grin grin
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by 123papas(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2015
focus
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Obaf16(f): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Platnum1:
Wow. For u to even consider another man I think u shld cancel d wedding cos your fiance deserves a better woman. No offense but it's d plain truth.
your head dey there.

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by shineeye1: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
SPIRIT OF AASHAWO! Ne humble to go seek psyco help! Go for deliverance!
Use your brain! Who told you that you never have sour issues with a loved one, however real or great the love may be. Instead of thanking God for early find in marriage you wan ruin your future with Ashara spirit!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by iceluluninky: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
babes you are not the only one having such doubt. it is happening to me right now. but hey I'm not going to give in to doubt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.