Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Advice : Honda Or Lexus - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice : Honda Or Lexus (14087 Views)

I Think I Need To Procure A Fairly Used Morano Or Lexus Jeep / Toyota Camry 2014 Or Lexus IS 250 2010-13 / Which Is Better In Nigeria Economy And Road, Honda Or Toyota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by FestacGirl(f): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
kingreign:

He was, he is and he will still continue to be a Town planner by profession, his passions and interests are Automobiles hence his active stay in cartalk and autos section, he is only fulfilling a part of his hobbies by getting all greased up in his uncle's workshop (which he always visit once a while prior to now).
If you give him a building construction, you'll be positively amazed, give him a car, you'll be wowed.
Lol,
No comment
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
FestacGirl:

Lol,
No comment

Pls comment....

Mike had always dreamt of being a mechanical engr, university cheated him and gave him a better course urban and regional planning....
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by chucky234(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
kingreign:

He was, he is and he will still continue to be a Town planner by profession, his passions and interests are Automobiles hence his active stay in cartalk and autos section, he is only fulfilling a part of his hobbies by getting all greased up in his uncle's workshop (which he always visit once a while prior to now).
If you give him a building construction, you'll be positively amazed, give him a car, you'll be wowed
If you wanna know much more about Mike and hook up with him wink 07034581213,

Lets stick to thread topic, it says accord vs IS300/330
hmmm I suspect identity theft....
The fingers behind this moniker type more like our dear AutosBay than Lomomike.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by chucky234(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
abatically:

A 2004 Lexus Ls430 is still ahead of a 2008 honda accord. From the interior finish to entertainment system to safety features to comfort and luxury, the Lexus is far ahead. We are talking full size luxury against a mid size non luxury. U want compare the leather seats in a Lexus to that of an accord v6? Th difference is very clear.

Ok the accord is better in one area... Fuel economy lol. I don't expect anyone that drives a Lexus LS 430 to care about fuel economy.
Aside being fitted with a V8 engine the 2004 LS have nothing against 2008 Accord V6, the LS like its Lexus siblings have very poor leather seats.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
chucky234:
hmmm I suspect identity theft....
The fingers behind this moniker type more like our dear AutosBay than Lomomike.

hey Mr, I no be autosbay, na genuine lomomike.... doing automobile has always been NY passion.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
chucky234:
Aside being fitted with a V8 engine the 2004 LS have nothing against 2008 Accord V6, the LS like its Lexus siblings have very poor leather seats.

another lie. You're speaking based on your perceived hatred of Toyota/lexus. An LS is what gives an S class tooth ache. You dare not compare it with honda accord, not even Honda Legend.

4 Likes

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by nurey(m): 5:07am On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

A 2004 Lexus Ls430 is still ahead of a 2008 honda accord. From the interior finish to entertainment system to safety features to comfort and luxury, the Lexus is far ahead. We are talking full size luxury against a mid size non luxury. U want compare the leather seats in a Lexus to that of an accord v6? Th difference is very clear.

Ok the accord is better in one area... Fuel economy lol. I don't expect anyone that drives a Lexus LS 430 to care about fuel economy.

is that all. I doubt if the LS will have more airbags than the Accord, nah only walnut finish wey accord no get. The Accord is also a comfortable seater with enough leg room but the LS is more. With the year difference I still think the Accord is better since change is inevitable, the changes found in the accord has made the luxury marks of the lexus OBSOLETE.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by vani86: 5:12am On Sep 03, 2015
nurey:

is that all. I doubt if the LS will have more airbags than the Accord, nah only walnut finish wey accord no get. The Accord is also a comfortable seater with enough leg room but the LS is more. With the year difference I still think the Accord is better since change is inevitable, the changes found in the accord has made the luxury marks of the lexus OBSOLETE.

Thank you. Why dafuq will i get a 2004 big daddy to a 2008 accord. I see no comparison at all. Whay you should compare with the accored is the toyota muscle
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by chucky234(m): 5:16am On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

another lie. You're speaking based on your perceived hatred of Toyota/lexus. An LS is what gives an S class tooth ache. You dare not compare it with honda accord, not even Honda Legend.
2004 LS and 2008 Accord
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by chucky234(m): 5:19am On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

hey Mr, I no be autosbay, na genuine lomomike.... doing automobile has always been NY passion.
So what has king got to do with being an enlightened KAZEEM *wink*
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2015
chucky234:

angry
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by abatically(m): 7:34am On Sep 03, 2015
vani86:

Thank you. Why dafuq will i get a 2004 big daddy to a 2008 accord. I see no comparison at all. Whay you should compare with the accored is the toyota muscle

Look again, does this look like a big for nothing? Lexus ES300 is rebadged big for nothing, but Lexus LS is a different ball game. That is a car that will give a Mercedes Benz s class a run for its money, how dare u compare if with a honda accord?

Below is a 2004 Lexus LS430. Show me how a 2008 accord looks better.

2 Likes

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2015
chucky234:

angry
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by vani86: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

Look again, does this look like a big for nothing? Lexus ES300 is rebadged big for nothing, but Lexus LS is a different ball game. That is a car that will give a Mercedes Benz s class a run for its money, how dare u compare if with a honda accord?

You are showing me a pimped out upgraded lexus. Get a market version and compare both.

The LS is even ugly exterior wise when compared to the 08 accord.

The accord is downright sexy and can make you cum

4 Likes

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by nurey(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

You have made a point but let's note somethings
1. The op was asking about a 2003 ES300 against an Accord 2008 Abeg whether nah luxury or not, the Accord beats the lexus but not necessarily hands down.

2. The LS is a High end luxury vehicle, but what luxury is optional in the LS yesterday is factory fitted today in the Accord.

3. the LS is a fullsized luxury vehicle, it has enough space to accommodate everything and more which is limited in the Accord but I will not compare a 2007 till date LS to Accord that will be murder. But realise we comparing outdated luxury of 5years to advanced technology. No matter how luxurious the Nokia 808 pureview is with its 41mp it's already served it's purpose then and will be outmatched by today's tech. lol

4. there are some luxurious gadgets that should be overlooked and not take into consideration when purchasing a vehicle. eg what's the use of the big space the LS, S-class have when I won't be chauffeured in it, what's the use of leather seats when it's not comfortable, what's the use of sat nav when it won't work in my region etc.

Before you crucify me, I was comparing a 2003 lexus IS, ES, GS, LS to a 2008 honda Accord A.K.A EVIL SPIRIT
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2015
nurey:

Bros, forget it. till date, the LS 2004 had the most comfortable seats in any car whether its LWB or SWB they've got great seats,

they've got some of the best security systems in any car which even an Avalon 2013 don't have.

It should be well noted that technologies found in a Luxury cars takes years 4-10 years to trickle down to main stream mid class cars.

The woods and hides found in this LS are genuine blemish free luxury wood and finest hides, even Honda Legend doesn't come close not to talk of Accord, the LS have ASL auto level with intelligent swivel lamps, does any accord have such except the 2013-date (which I am not sure of).

The suspensions are either soft tuned springs or AIRS your accord doesn't come any close.

they've got cool boxes and even other sweet stuffs which just gain entry into Toyota Avalon 2013.

Price of these cars will still be more higher than an Accord

Bros if you no get any thing to say, let's keep it that way
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by Originalsly: 8:17am On Sep 03, 2015
melvo001:
Hi guys, quick advice, im having to decide between a naija used 2008 Honda accord or a 2003 tokunboh lexus es300, thanks in advance
Hmmmm....that's a tough one. I would go for the 2003 tok because it should be in better mechanical condition than the local used Accord. The 2008 Accord is definitely more advanced than the 2003 Lexus es.....but chances are that mechanics have already installed inferior or substitute parts and the electrical system has been rearranged.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by abatically(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2015
vani86:

You are showing me a pimped out upgraded lexus. Get a market version and compare both.

The LS is even ugly exterior wise when compared to the 08 accord.

The accord is downright sexy and can make you cum

Pimped out Lexus u say? Lol. That is a stock Lexus Ls430. It is a full sized car and the exterior is on par with any 2004 full sized luxury car. Yes the accord is sexier on the outside being a more recent model, but the Lexus is far better in comfort, gadgets, safety and quality of finish.

1 Like

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by Originalsly: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

Pimped out Lexus u say? Lol. That is a stock Lexus Ls430. It is a full sized car and the exterior is on par with any 2004 full sized luxury car. Yes the accord is sexier on the outside being a more recent model, but the Lexus is far better in comfort, gadgets, safety and quality of finish.
Guess now you know the bro doesn't know Lexus.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by abatically(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2015
nurey:

You have made a point but let's note somethings
1. The op was asking about a 2003 ES300 against an Accord 2008 Abeg whether nah luxury or not, the Accord beats the lexus but not necessarily hands down.

2. The LS is a High end luxury vehicle, but what luxury is optional in the LS yesterday is factory fitted today in the Accord.

3. the LS is a fullsized luxury vehicle, it has enough space to accommodate everything and more which is limited in the Accord but I will not compare a 2007 till date LS to Accord that will be murder. But realise we comparing outdated luxury of 5years to advanced technology. No matter how luxurious the Nokia 808 pureview is with its 41mp it's already served it's purpose then and will be outmatched by today's tech. lol

4. there are some luxurious gadgets that should be overlooked and not take into consideration when purchasing a vehicle. eg what's the use of the big space the LS, S-class have when I won't be chauffeured in it, what's the use of leather seats when it's not comfortable, what's the use of sat nav when it won't work in my region etc.

Before you crucify me, I was comparing a 2003 lexus IS, ES, GS, LS to a 2008 honda Accord A.K.A EVIL SPIRIT

Wait a minute? So u are one of those that think leather seat is not comfortable? Lol. I guess u have never sat on a genuine leather seat.

And yes op was comparing a 2004 Lexus ES300 and I said myself that a 2004 ES300 is a rebadged big for nothing. U are the one that brought a Lexus LS into this and really it's a sacrilage to compare even a 2004 Lexus LS with a 2008 honda accord.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by abatically(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

Bros, forget it. till date, the LS 2004 had the most comfortable seats in any car whether its LWB or SWB they've got great seats,

they've got some of the best security systems in any car which even an Avalon 2013 don't have.

It should be well noted that technologies found in a Luxury cars takes years 4-10 years to trickle down to main stream mid class cars.

The woods and hides found in this LS are genuine blemish free luxury wood and finest hides, even Honda Legend doesn't come close not to talk of Accord, the LS have ASL auto level with intelligent swivel lamps, does any accord have such except the 2013-date (which I am not sure of).

The suspensions are either soft tuned springs or AIRS your accord doesn't come any close.

they've got cool boxes and even other sweet stuffs which just gain entry into Toyota Avalon 2013.

Abeg tell them. It's a sacrilage comparing a 2004 Lexus LS with a 2008 accord. That is a car that can go head to head with a Mercedes Benz s class.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by abatically(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

Abeg tell them. It's a sacrilage comparing a 2004 Lexus LS with a 2008 accord. That is a car that can go head to head with a Mercedes Benz s class of the same year.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2015
Originalsly:
Guess now you know the bro doesn't know Lexus.
I know you don't know Lexus.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by nurey(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

Wait a minute? So u are one of those that think leather seat is not comfortable? Lol. I guess u have never sat on a genuine leather seat.

And yes op was comparing a 2004 Lexus ES300 and I said myself that a 2004 ES300 is a rebadged big for nothing. U are the one that brought a Lexus LS into this and really it's a sacrilage to compare even a 2004 Lexus LS with a 2008 honda accord.

I have not said leather ain't comfortable besides my dad's second generation toyota crown leather seats survived world war II I gave an example kwanu. You have not yet showed me anything classy in the LS that has won my heart, besides pictures can be extremely deceiving. I have seen tons of LS both 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation abandoned in mecho workshop so I have been in them and nothing wow about them now.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by abatically(m): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2015
nurey:

I have not said leather ain't comfortable besides my dad's second generation toyota crown leather seats survived world war II I gave an example kwanu. You have not yet showed me anything classy in the LS that has won my heart, besides pictures can be extremely deceiving. I have seen tons of LS both 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation abandoned in mecho workshop so I have been in them and nothing wow about them now.

I will give u a few features found on a 2004 Lexus LS 430 that even a 2015 honda accord can't boast of not to talk of 2008 honda accord.

1. Air suspension
2. Coolbox on the ultra luxury package
3. AFS adaptive curve headlights. Mind u HID headlights are standard.
4. Dynamic radar cruise control
5. Knee airbags
6.genuine bird eyes maple woods
7. Genuine leather interior (lot better than the one found in a 2015 honda accord v6).
8. Electronic key that allowed the vehicle to detect the key fob in the owner's pocket and unlock the doors by touch
9. Mark Levinson sound system.
10. RWD vs accrods FWD
11. Parking sensors
12. power reclining massage rear seats equipped with audio controls, power sunshade, a cooler, and air purifier.
13. Rain sending windshield wipers
14. Water repellent windshield.

I can go on but I'll stop right there.

The 2008 honda accord is sexy to look on the outside and has a nice cabin, but in reality there is nothing special about it. The v6 is very potent and responsive, but talking about gadgets, its no match for a 2004 Lexus LS430.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by usorohita: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2015
please I have an Honda Accord 2003 model with V6, 3.0L; SOHC; 24V; MPFI engine with automatic transmission and it does not enter reverse gear. please what is the way forward and what should i do to tackle this problem. thanks.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

I will give u a few features found on a 2004 Lexus LS 430 that even a 2015 honda accord can't boast of not to talk of 2008 honda accord.

1. Air suspension
2. Coolbox on the ultra luxury package
3. AFS adaptive curve headlights. Mind u HID headlights are standard.
4. Dynamic radar cruise control
5. Knee airbags
6.genuine bird eyes maple woods
7. Genuine leather interior (lot better than the one found in a 2015 honda accord v6).
8. Electronic key that allowed the vehicle to detect the key fob in the owner's pocket and unlock the doors by touch
9. Mark Levinson sound system.
10. RWD vs accrods FWD

I can go on but I'll stop right there.

The 2008 honda accord is sexy to look on the outside and has a nice cabin, but in reality there is nothing special about it. The v6 is very potent and responsive, but talking about gadgets, its no match for a 2004 Lexus LS430.

in addition to your list,
11. Cool/hot seats
12. High speed performance brakes
13. Semi-Aniline Leather
14. Oscillating A/C system with air purifier and deodoriser
15. 14 way powered drivers seat, 10 way powered front seat with massage seats
16. Park Sensors
17. Rain sensing wipers with rain repellant windscreen and side windows
18. Pre Collision Systems which could warn the driver if an obstacle is ahead and also stop the car.
19. Lexus Telematics ( Online information system; Telematics 12, Hands-free cellular phone, E-mail, Voice activating system which includes phone)
20. one button Auto headlamp self washing system.

list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by nurey(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

in addition to your list,
11. Cool/hot seats
12. High speed performance brakes
13. Semi-Aniline Leather
14. Oscillating A/C system with air purifier and deodoriser
15. 14 way powered drivers seat, 10 way powered front seat with massage seats
16. Park Sensors
17. Rain sensing wipers with rain repellant windscreen and side windows
18. Pre Collision Systems which could warn the driver if an obstacle is ahead and also stop the car.
19. Lexus Telematics ( Online information system; Telematics 12, Hands-free cellular phone, E-mail, Voice activating system which includes phone)
20. one button Auto headlamp self washing system.

list is endless.

kingreign and abatical both of you tried in driving your point home but you forgot two things

1. The op is not in the market for an LS
2. The op is looking for a car to drive and not a car he would be driven in.

Guys watch out for part 2 coming soon, go grab your copy now
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2015
nurey:

kingreign and abatical both of you tried in driving your point home but you forgot two things

1. The op is not in the market for an LS
2. The op is looking for a car to drive and not a car he would be driven in.

Guys watch out for part 2 coming soon, go grab your copy now
na you start the 'derepsation' of Lexus, a whole lexus that made Mercedes Benz engineers to return back their S class, over bloat another budget, and also caused their CEO in those days his job.
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 10:56am On Sep 03, 2015
usorohita:
please I have an Honda Accord 2003 model with V6, 3.0L; SOHC; 24V; MPFI engine with automatic transmission and it does not enter reverse gear. please what is the way forward and what should i do to tackle this problem. thanks.

where is your location, if in Abuja, Call Lomomike: 07034581213,
if you're in Lagos, call Gazzuzz: 08023251039
if you're in Umuahia, call Camaro: 08067888620

1 Like

Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by nurey(m): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
kingreign:

na you start the 'derepsation' of Lexus, a whole lexus that made Mercedes Benz engineers to return back their S class, over bloat another budget, and also caused their CEO in those days his job.

Toyota/Lexus get "Rep" before. And don't ask me which car am Using
Re: Advice : Honda Or Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
nurey:

Toyota/Lexus get "Rep" before. And don't ask me which car am Using

Nissan Almera, Toyota Sienna. no need to ask for I know. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service / 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced / Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.