Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

[i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] (2049 Views)

Independence Day Concert / This Day September 13 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur Died, Makaveli Lives On / Naughty By Nature To Attend The Back In The Day Concert 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by chineduleo(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2006
How safe are the fans or would fans of this concert be.I think from experience i speak for a lot of folks out there.Who would be probably stay away if issues like these are not properly treated. cool
Especially for posterity sake, i hope we can get answers
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by snazzydawn(f): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2006
I heard the ticket fee is 25 thousand, 30 thousand and 100 thousand naira for normal, 2days and VIP respectively. With these high rates, I wonder who will turn up at the awards. What the hell were they thinking of pegging it so high? Who watches them? is it not people like me and you? Majority of their fan base are students and young people in the age range of 15-28 and this concert is most definitely for them. Let's watch and see.
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by chineduleo(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2006
Did i hear you say,25grand,, ,100grand.Who is going to watch?Come on.I hope they break even.Unless,that disease of selfishness has crept into the entertainment industry too.To me i think its about time we had some serious private sector participation in organization of concert events from planning to the actual execution.
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by cabali(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2006
I dont know 'bout u guys but i think the price is aight for the calibre of concert and I SURE WILL BE THERE!!!!!!
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by vodkat: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2006
That money is ok for the calibre of stars coming.u fit try hang around maybe i will take u in.That money is little ,yahoo boys are just to excited, seems ur at the other end of the ladder.there som many people that can throw 20k into toilet.
on a normal friday nite ,unilag boys burn up to 40 k
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by dblock(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2006
at least it will keep out the thieves so that spenders like me can turn up, jsut playin with yall
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by saintkola(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2006
not 2 worry peepz. i'm goin so i'll bring u guyz all d gist plus d backstage interviews cos i'll be with d soundcity crew.
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by saintkola(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2006
not 2 worry peepz. i'm goin, so i'll bring u guyz all d gist plus d backstage interviews cos i'll be with d soundcity crew.
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by dblock(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2006
screw your lucky ass ya bastard i'm so happy for you
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by cabali(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2006
Concert report? the concert was the best ever to have been done in the country, ever! at least from the time i was born

Best performance; in order

Beyonce
Jay z/busta ryhmes
Ciara
D'banj
Snoop dog
wierd mc
envogue
Tuface
Seun kuti

I just had to give it to beyonce after singing a blues version of our national anthem(shame to our own stars)

Tuface was practically yanked out of the stage for under performance

Seun kuti was a waste of time, completely

It was already 3am when I left so did not get the chance to evaluate the last two; majek fashek(the main reason I left that time) and MISSY
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by cabali(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2006
I was dissapointed in snoop as he got knocked out on stage by the weed spliff star gave to him(naija weed) he had to rest for a while while his djays do the ones and twos as a fill in!

Busta rhymes was the nicest to the crowd and the ladies too! Spliff Star was just after the ladies

Beyonce was explosive

Jay z was too cool to move a crowd that well! And beanie sigel complimented the performance as well

Tuface came with a bunch of guys who, were evidently not-rehearsed and they messed up, more, his already messed up show and he had to be pulled out for concert quality sake!

D'banj is just good as well as weirdy!
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by cabali(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2006
And come to think of it, there was a crowd! the VIP was actually half filled and the other part had a number as well! The next day had more people as I think guys did not believe at first that THIS DAY could pull it off; and they did!

The Festival will be yearly as they say! and all of them want to be back! They were particularly impressed with the crowd reaction and the sing-alongs, I guess.
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by saintkola(m): 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2006
i think ciara could hv done better with her performance & seun kuti wuz just a waste of time. snoop is so thin, like hes got aids or sumthin. lol
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by regalyke: 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2007
WHO SAYS YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! www.artists-recordlabels..com
IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST AN CHOOSE TO SUCCEED IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS THEN YOU SHOULD THAT THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN JUST YOUR TALENT/SKILLS, THERE ARE VARIOUS WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN GET YOURSELF THAT RECORD, BESIDES WHO SAYS IT IS ALL ABOUT THE RECORD, IT IS A BUSINESS TOO, SO YOU TREAT IT LIKE ONE.

RECORD LABELS LOOK FOR SOME CERTAIN CHARACTER IN AN ARTIST, I BELIEVE YOU HAVE BUT YOU DON'T KNOW IT, MAKE RECORD LABELS BEG FOR YOUR SIGNATURE, THERE'S SO MUCH TRICK YOU CAN APPLY TO GET THERE ATTENTION AND NOT JUST THERE'S, YOU CAN START BUILDING YOUR FAN BASE RIGHT NOW, BUILD THAT CHARACTER, STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME, STUDY THE INDUSTRY AND THEN UNLEASH "THE KILL"

BE THE STAR YOU 'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE, BUT FIRST YOU GOT TO LEARN THE TRICKS, TRUST ME ON THIS AND STAY POSITIVE, LEARN MORE HERE:
www.artists-recordlabels..com
Re: [i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] by cabali(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2007
By this I should understand that u are into singing and have been established?

(1) (Reply)

Bez Idakula / Let It Be Known! / The Truth About D'banj And Don Jazzy Mohits Break Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.