Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Let It Be Known! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let It Be Known! (2049 Views)

Reminisce – Let It Be Known (freestyle) / Music : D’banj Ft Olamide – Ibadi E (let It Bounce ) / Who Is The World's Known Richest Rapper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 12:00am On Aug 13, 2006
I'm just sick of nigerians trying to behave like americans in their own music ( i mean nigerians in Nigeria). I really want to be seeing or listening to nigerians music not fake song artists trying to remix all americans popular music. For instance, i went to this cite called krazie naija and i heard this song 50kobo, which was 50cents song, i'm like what the f*** tell me, how creative is that? we that are nigerian americans needs musics that helps us in knowing our country (which is Nigera, thank you). i'm down here trying to represent nigeria so try and help. thats why i like styl plus, or 2face songs, my best song is AfricanQueen and trust me, people like it here, we need more songs like that,

i'm not here bashing nigerian song artists or criticizing them, i'm just saying what i've notice
Re: Let It Be Known! by toosyno(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2006
I feel you and i wonder why nigerians love that shit, See what happened to maintain after ruggedman dissed them for using pples beat, Its kinda crazy to see that happening to nigerian artiste, Its time to stand up and do the right THING,

More grease to your elbow Dbanj,Styl Plus,2 Face and a host of other,

Keep up the good work.
Re: Let It Be Known! by Ciaralover(f): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2006
Good Point, Keep up!!
Re: Let It Be Known! by Remmzy(m): 1:30am On Aug 13, 2006
[b]Good talk smiley;
the problem is many are called but few a destined as singers.
What do you expect from someone that cant compose a song & don't want to pay for one, the next available option is to COPY or MIMIC others{remix}. grin
[/b]They remain fake singers to me! lipsrsealed
Re: Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 5:28am On Aug 13, 2006
thanx guys, at least it's good to know that i'm not thinking about it alone
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 5:31am On Aug 13, 2006
girl i feel u on this one and i've beenn sayin it all d nigerian artist need to be original dey need to do their thing and stop tryna act like someone and p-square 2 tryna 2 act like usher cos he looks like usher dat don't mean u got to act like him gurl i know wat u talkin bout
Re: Let It Be Known! by superb(m): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2006
yeah you guys are right.nigerian artists need to have their own identity like most other african artists in other countries.
there is one usher.we don't need another one.being in the uk sometimes i just want to listen to nigerian music that reminds me of nigeria not one that sounds like an american artist i know.2face songs are just plain african stuff which i like.i prefer the pidgin english rap by nigerians cuz thats more real to me.if i want to listen to american rap,there's busta rhymes, 50 cent and so on.for instance in styl plus "she's driving me crazy" i like the rap segment with 2shotz and big lo.i feel that was just cool stuff and with the thick igbo accent and slangs,even though i'm yoruba,i feel it's real naija stuff.
Re: Let It Be Known! by Raymand(m): 7:59am On Aug 13, 2006
I think it's part of creative entertainment, it's fun listening to those clowns turn foreign hip hop sounds to contemporary situated nigerian beats! when ed moss did a plastic surgery worth thousands to look like micheal jackson, it was all part of entertainment of course no one takes them seriously, but,,,
Re: Let It Be Known! by Oracle(m): 3:40am On Aug 14, 2006
Nigerians are doing their best. thatz what i know
Re: Let It Be Known! by toosyno(m): 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2006
We all know nigerian artiste are doing us porud but how abt the fake ones?How will you feel seeing alot of dem being dissed for shitty stuffs that they do?Its crazy you know,

JJC & 419 squad,2face and a host of ohters all doing us proud just because they do original stuffs and truly NIGERIAN MADE,

Well,we need to chase away the fake ones,

thats ma point
Re: Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 3:21am On Aug 15, 2006
@ oracle

nobody is saying that they are not doing their best, but it's always good to talk to make it better, and remixing other people's song without their consent is definetely not the way
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 4:09am On Aug 15, 2006
lilyDiva:

@ oracle

nobody is saying that they are not doing their best, but it's always good to talk to make it better, and remixing other people's song without their consent is definetely not the way

I know gurl if they was in America their lil ass wuld av gotten sued and u know dats worth some great deal of money
Re: Let It Be Known! by donkc5(m): 6:20am On Aug 15, 2006
lilyDiva; It me Don Kc, Remember we talked about the new STYL-PLUS album and u asked me to find a site that can play all the tracks, Here i have one just for you and the rest of you out there. You can listen to STYL-PLUS new Album (EXPRESSION) in full through http://www.duduradio.com/ logon the website and click listen to music. kings4luv98@yahoo.com 08020305695
Re: Let It Be Known! by ddizzle(f): 6:30am On Aug 15, 2006
to me, their doing good, people fail to realise that you have to aim for the best (foreign market) ok lets picture them repping naija, trusting nigerians they will over do it and those out side wont appreciate it! don't get me wrong we should have our own identity bt i just think you have to aim for the best sha! bt i feel you on the copyright stuffs cuz thats gonna be a problem for naija ppl
Re: Let It Be Known! by babonboard(f): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2006
All i have to say on this topic is that there is beauty in being creative and proudly Nigerian
Re: Let It Be Known! by shadex1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2006
oh yea, tru talks lilly,
Some Nigerian artiste are actually nauseating,
copying other peoples beats n styl especially p-square.all there songs, they used other people's beats n modified them and also the tunes n some other wan na bes
90% of nigerian artist suck real bad n i sometimes wonder who buys their records.
tho i still love some nigerian artist like 2face,bouqui,sasha,SILVER SADDIH, love dat dude n dem streetmonks n all,
n of course i gotta love my cuzn's group, STYL PLUS.
no need to worries no more am going to change to whole game soon  wink
Re: Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2006
you got that right kiki lol
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2006
lilyDiva:

you got that right kiki lol

i know gurl dey need 2 start doin their own thing dat's d reason y i don't really listen to Nigeria music cos i think dey suck and its all cos of stuff like this and gurl wen i saw dem p-square video i felt like slappin some sense into dem 4rm d TV
Re: Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2006
@ kiki

yea i noticed that too, p-sqaure are trying to behave like Usher, but hey i still like that their song "bizzy body" but the rest,,,,i so don't like. Me neither i don't listen to nigerians song that much but the ones that i listen to are 2face, and styl plus, and they're pretty cool. Especially "African Queen" wink
Re: Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2006
thank you very much don-kc, i didn't know that cite existed lol
Re: Let It Be Known! by Oracle(m): 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2006
I think i see point with you guys, there is need for improvement
As for Psquare, people say they imitate usher which is something i totally disagree.
as for one of their songs it actually has the beat of one of usher's songs, where i have an arguement is where people say they dress like usher
now everybody has his style of dressing but i don't think they invented the style, they may wear those kinda clothes but itz something people wear. i don;t think they imitating anybody.
they just Psquare -- Peter and Paul okoye

P SQAURE
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1831_psquare_r1_c1_jpgc51d0ee1b2b8309400d8051e43d530ba

USHER
[img]http://images.google.com/url?q=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.hart/lyricsu/images/usher-burn.jpg&sig=__r0dF60CBPaPohSK1uiIBwz4iX6M=[/img]
Re: Let It Be Known! by diddy4(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2006
every artist out there have someone they follow or sommin like that. naija is naija and i love their songs. p-square rocks.
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2006
yeah its good 2 av a mentor but u can never be oh look d same way as ur mentor but p-square dey try 2 sound, dress, dance and even act like usher god damn it they need to just be demselves and do their thing dey r so lucky they r in Nigeria or else their ass wuld av been broke by now and one more thing They suck
Re: Let It Be Known! by lilyDiva(f): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2006
nigerians artists are trying but when you see something bad, try and talk and don't cover it up, thats how we grow. African songs is good how it is but try not to make it look like american song!
Re: Let It Be Known! by toosyno(m): 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2006
@kiki

I so much appreciate your posting and am glad someone know that P-square sucks, How can you try to be like your mentor.dress,act and dance the same way as he is?If it was outta the country,they would be broke by now i bet you,

We need to get this straight to them and let them know they need to be ORIGINAL.

Peace
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2006
toosyno:

@kiki

I so much appreciate your posting and am glad someone know that P-square sucks, How can you try to be like your mentor.dress,act and dance the same way as he is?If it was out of the country,they would be broke by now i bet you,

We need to get this straight to them and let them know they need to be ORIGINAL.

Peace

thanx gurl thank God i'm not the only one eith and like Lily said d truth must be told
Re: Let It Be Known! by Oracle(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2006
kiki and toosyno, you people really need sleep, by the time you wake i believe you will say things right. I think itz better you say you don't like Psqaure not that they suck, besides who says usher is their mentor?
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2006
well if he is not their mentor they sure need 2 stop actin like him until dey start doin g their thing rite now They SUCK
Re: Let It Be Known! by toosyno(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2006
@oracle

i see u know nothing about music so its time to stand up for the right thing,
P sqaure sucks just because they steal pples stuff and think they acn change it into theirs,
what do you know abt music?tell me,
kiki is right abt everything, Look at Dbanj,2 face, Queen onakala, See what hapened to maintain and eedris?Where are they today?

You need to wise up man so you can see whats right,
Re: Let It Be Known! by kiki(f): 12:57am On Aug 16, 2006
toosyno:

@oracle

i see u know nothing about music so its time to stand up for the right thing,
P sqaure sucks just because they steal pples stuff and think they acn change it into theirs,
what do you know about music?tell me,
kiki is right about everything, Look at Dbanj,2 face, Queen onakala, See what hapened to maintain and eedris?Where are they today?

You need to wise up man so you can see whats right,

gurl i know dats right Oracle av u seen Usher video Yeah dey used ushers move in one of their song like dat's just sucks
Re: Let It Be Known! by Oracle(m): 1:46am On Aug 16, 2006
ok ok bla bla blah
you simply don't like them
so just leave them alone
Re: Let It Be Known! by toosyno(m): 1:56am On Aug 16, 2006
@oracle,

nope, its the truth and am happy u're reasosing with me and kiki.
we need to be original in all aspect and its gonna make our industry grow.
see,we have alot of nominations for the channel o awards.

so its good we're improving.we need to boot ou the fake ones and keep our music on the high,

feel me?

(1) (2) (Reply)

[i]nigeria Rocks!-this Day Concert[/i] / Bez Idakula / DOWNLOAD INSTRUMENTAL: Tekno Ft Zlatan - Agege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.