Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92402 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by TV01(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
bukatyne:

Bros,

I only accused you of editing one post as regards 'equal rights/equal agency' on one polygamy thread. If it is a pasttime of yours, lucky you
Don't make false accusations or unproven allegations against me. Show proof or provide evidence. Saying I materially edited my post and accusing me of lying is just low.

The Bible says "Abraham commanded his household after him". Take your beefs about scripture to God or alternatively keep butchering them like you do now grin

If you have a point, make it, a position, then defend it. Resorting to smears is contemptible. Work on your comprehension, stop projecting, request clarification if things are not clear - you'll do much better.

Now, kindly excuse me, there's a submission thread I need to go post on cool!

TV

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by MrsChima(f): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
morethanadoll:

You are right in a sense of my speaking for all American people. I'll rephrase. It is Louisianian culture, since I do live here. Try that with your husband here and you may not have one. smiley

I don't always serve my husband food and we are still married.

Each marriage is different and what works for you...works for you!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Sagamite(m): 12:48am On Oct 24, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?
*culled from facebook*

His head is not correct!

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by dominusgai(m): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

who said Sarah never served her husband food ever in their marriage? stop being legalistic with the bible. one who calls her husband, my lord, never served him food in their marriage? guy you are immature in analysing events and history.

stop assuming out of context.
Broad am not assuming. Read again. It was not recorded Sarah served him food, his servants always served him food. He even served the angels the food himself. And growing up a Catholic, my info on Jewish history is not just from the Bible so I urge u to look for an hebrew writing on the life of Abraham. Now you are referencing on Sarah calling him Lord. Do u know the kind of esteem he had for Sarah to make him allow for the maltreating of Haggai when she was pregnant with his son, or sending Ishmael away with only bread and water because Sarah no longer wanted him around. I repeat with only bread and water. Now I know if a guy like u have a wife Dat didn't give birth, and u make ur servant pregnant, u wud not even allow ur wife to be in the same city with her not to talk of beating her. U will even drive ur wife because of ur servant. Then about driving ur firstborn at the wimp of ur wife, u will call a family meeting with ur in-law and accuse her of being jealous. Sarah called Abraham lord, because he treated her like a queen and made haste to fulfil her every wish not make her his servant.l. Broda as I said, if u want to feel like a king, u should not make ur wife a slave in the process. Rather make her a queen alongside her king. As I said, if person like him near my daughter, na pump action I go take pursue am.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2015
dominusgai:

Broad am not assuming. Read again. It was not recorded Sarah served him food, his servants always served him food. He even served the angels the food himself. And growing up a Catholic, my info on Jewish history is not just from the Bible so I urge u to look for an hebrew writing on the life of Abraham. Now you are referencing on Sarah calling him Lord. Do u know the kind of esteem he had for Sarah to make him allow for the maltreating of Haggai when she was pregnant with his son, or sending Ishmael away with only bread and water because Sarah no longer wanted him around. I repeat with only bread and water. Now I know if a guy like u have a wife Dat didn't give birth, and u make ur servant pregnant, u wud not even allow ur wife to be in the same city with her not to talk of beating her. U will even drive ur wife because of ur servant. Then about driving ur firstborn at the wimp of ur wife, u will call a family meeting with ur in-law and accuse her of being jealous. Sarah called Abraham lord, because he treated her like a queen and made haste to fulfil her every wish not make her his servant.l. Broda as I said, if u want to feel like a king, u should not make ur wife a slave in the process. Rather make her a queen alongside her king. As I said, if person like him near my daughter, na pump action I go take pursue am.

I never subscribed to or justified women slavery, so don't quote me out of context. Abraham treating his wife like a queen does not negate she serving him.

Go and study Chaldean history of mesopotamia, you will understand how women serve their husbands. This has nothing to do with whether she is treated like a queen or not.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by dominusgai(m): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
SonOfEl:

I never subscribed to or justified women slavery, so don't quote me out of context. Abraham treating his wife like a queen does not negate she serving him.

Go and study Chaldean history of mesopotamia, you will understand how women serve their husbands. This has nothing to do with whether she is treated like a queen or not.
Bros I have and I hold my ground that men of Abraham do not have their wives serve them. Their servants do the serving.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
dominusgai:

Bros I have and I hold my ground that men of Abraham do not have their wives serve them. Their servants do the serving.

I beg to disagree sir, Sarah served her husband. This has nothing to do with she being treated like a queen or not.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by dominusgai(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
SonOfEl:

I beg to disagree sir, Sarah served her husband. This has nothing to do with she being treated like a queen or not.
No she did not, his servants did. It's like saying it is a king's wife that serves his food. Abraham was an high status individual. Men of those status have servants serve their meal. Study it again. Besides, he never would have refused to eat because Sarah did not dish his food despite it being on the table.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by dominusgai(m): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
SonOfEl:

No she did not. That is like saying it is the kings wife that serves his food. Abraham was a man of high status and men of high status have servants serve them food in Abraham's time. Besides, Abraham wud have never refused to eat because Sarah did not dish his food that has been served on the table

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by arabianights: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?
*culled from facebook*

And why shouldn't she? so a few minutes to serve food will break her back,abi? Well i guess its okay if the man is served by another woman then she will come here and post anew topic...
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
arabianights:

And why shouldn't she? so a few minutes to serve food will break her back,abi? Well i guess its okay if the man is served by another woman then she will come here and post anew topic...
Story for the gods. If he like he should be served or serviced by another woman, the world no go end. Men cheat, women cheat. And you guys need to stop with these silly threats. It doesn't move anybody

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SonOfEl(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2016
Joy1706:

Story for the gods. If he like he should be served or serviced by another woman, the world no go end. Men cheat, women cheat. And you guys need to stop with these silly threats. It doesn't move anybody

I will advice that women who are not wise enough to understand should not start what they cannot finish.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Elmojiid(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
Elmojiid:
shoro ni yen, orishirishi may be datz her mum use to dish her dad, no woman fit try dat 1 wit me i b africa man original.
i guess you are not married cos if u are u will understand and pray that such will not happen to u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.