Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92268 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
fasting and prayer nko? grin grin grin

Talking to his Alfas, Pastors and Ancestors nko
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ewuro4:

MY VIEWS?

*When a wife feels enslaved and Inferior 'serving' her man then somt'n sdefwrong

*He's not worth your service hence your rebellion.

Shikena

Ewuro, thanks for bringing this angle to the conversation. And this redirects me to Bukatyne who is a supporter of service for christians. Bukatyne, would you say this man was out of line for demanding his wife serve him? I'm asking you as a christian not as a feminist.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
If a woman actually brought this out as an issue for discussion, I doubt the efficacy of her brain box angry.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

How about you serving your wife the way you serve your mother? Hope that would go down well with you .

My mother would be served ny my wife were she to come visiting. Seriously, Joy, put some mental effort into this thing.

In any case, the place of the husband should be held in higher regard than father by the wife-daughter

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Ewuro4: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Most women mistake the gift bearer as a friend, you look at the content of a man's heart. I realised that when you see a Man/woman whining on how terrible and beastly their spouse is, know that he/she knows exactly where the rain started beating them.

Any woman that claims she doesn't know who she married is either a liar or chose to stick her head into the sand

Right on the money jare.

I suppose bold all sef.

How are THE BOYS madam?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Ewuro4: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:
If a woman actually brought this out as an issue for discussion, I doubt the efficacy of her brain box angry.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ewuro, thanks for bringing this angle to the conversation. And this redirects me to Bukatyne who is a supporter of service for christians. Bukatyne, would you say this man was out of line for demanding his wife serve him? I'm asking you as a christian not as a feminist.

In the Bible... Men are to serve their wives etc. we have an example in Jesus when He washed the feet of His disciples

My answer as a Christian doesn't/ will not contradict my answer as a feminist. They all form a part of the whole bukatyne.

A wife cooks and serves the food in a tray/cooler on the dining table. She expects her husband to dish himself because she has other chores to attend to and he finds it a problem?

All Hail 'Nigerian' husbands.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Ewuro4: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ewuro, thanks for bringing this angle to the conversation. .

No worries Bro.

So you didn't notice the bone of contention in the Thread all along? *sprinkes water on his face* It's Family section remember grin

Master/slave rabble rousers.

Make I watch Donald Trump small jare, Comedy Central on CNN lately.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

I will never understand some women ,really? how does serving a man you love and call "better half" a problem?

How long does it take self? undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

What would you have her do?

It might be minor or inconsequential to you but see people talking about dishing the food so that the husband doesn't look outside?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmm so so true

That's why I used to ask 'Did he/she not know before marriage' until ....

They know wella but longer throat/desperation dey wear some tinted goggles, so to see am nah war.

When such flimsy thing becomes an issue, then something is wrong. I mean is natural for one to pull out a plate and dish food that is set right in front of him, it is still very natural for a wife to pull out a plate and dish it herself for her man, either way it goes shouldn't be a problem in a healthy union.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Chidoks(f): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
lol. nne dish food o.hian ! food wey don dey in front of him? abeg my sister it will cost you nothing to leave your chores and dish food o.after dishing his food linger on till he starts eating then rub his head and call him " your majesty" ( only if he's the playful type o because this your husband be like say na GOC)
but wait o are you a 24/7 house wife? i asked becausr as he was hurrying out you too should be hurrying out.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
U
Ewuro4:

Right on the money jare.

I suppose bold all sef.

How are THE BOYS madam?

They are good dear and the big girls? Hope they are cool smiley.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Stuck up mentality, "that is how our fathers did it " mentality, I believe the signs are always there from the beginning, let them enjoy whoever they married abeg.

Some women claim they married their friend and suddenly he changed to....people can say anything when they choose to cast blames.

Why can't people be spontaneous, flow with the tide, just be comfortable with themselves, just serve each other for the love of "us".....

I read some things here and wonder if there is a manual shared somewhere..

Remember that who should greet first in husband and wife thread years back? I stumbled on it one day

I 100% agree with you, that cliché 'courtship is different' is very wrong.

Abeg, let them carry go cheesy
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ewuro4:

No worries Bro.

So you didn't notice the bone of contention in the Thread all along? *sprinkes water on his face* It's Family section remember grin

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

They know wella but longer throat/desperation dey wear some tinted goggles, so to see am nah war.

When such flimsy thing becomes an issue, then something is wrong. I mean is natural for one to pull out a plate and dish food that is set right in front of him, it is still very natural for a wife to pull out a plate and dish it herself for her man, either way it goes shouldn't be a problem in a healthy union.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Chidoks:
lol. nne dish food o.hian ! food wey don dey in front of him? abeg my sister it will cost you nothing to leave your chores and dish food o.after dishing his food linger on till he starts eating then rub his head and call him " your majesty" ( only if he's the playful type o because this your husband be like say na GOC)
but wait o are you a 24/7 house wife? i asked becausr as he was hurrying out you too should be hurrying out.

This is another angle to it.

If she is then she should arrange her chores to leave room to dish the food

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

The things one hears and reads joor.

It gets you calculating the time and distance of things that should flow naturally
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

I will never understand some women ,really? how does serving a man you love and call "better half" a problem?

How long does it take self? undecided

Lol, but seriously dear, imagine setting the table in front of your husband, wanting to dish the food then you heard your baby wailing like there is no tomorrow, you thought he had fallen from the bed. You dropped the plate, rushed into your room, picked the boy and stuck his natural pacifier into his mouth.

On returning to the dining, guy man still sitdon dey mope at plates ,waiting for you to dish into a plate for him, is that natural? If a man really loves his wife as himself, chances are ,he ran into the room with his wife or he started sorting out himself while asking "wetin happen?".

There are things that will never be an issue if only people marry for the love of me + u =1 "us".

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ewuro4:

No worries Bro.

Lol. I just tend to ignore and scroll away from certain posters jare. But ahving read your comment, had to go back and see the contrary views.

Trump no dey chill o. The guy dey fire like Baba Iyabo. I hope he wins. grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by edwife(f): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Lol, but seriously dear, imagine setting the table in front of your husband wanting to dish the food then you heard your baby wailing like there is no tomorrow, you thought he had fallen from the bed. You dropped the plate, rushed into your room, picked the boy and stuck his natural pacifier into his mouth.

On returning back to the dining, guy man still sitdon dey mope at plates ,waiting for you to dish into a plate for him, is that natural? If a man really loves his wife as himself, chances are he ran into the room with his wife or he started sorting out himself while asking "wetin happen?".

There are things that will never be an issue if only people marry for the love of me + u =1 "us".

If it happens the way you put up here,i categorically tell you that no man in his right sense will stay put and waiting for you.
So such woman needs to check herself for marrying such a fellow.

For me it even all about fun,eating together,feeding each other or serving him- no big deal.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Lol, but seriously dear, imagine setting the table in front of your husband wanting to dish the food then you heard your baby wailing like there is no tomorrow, you thought he had fallen from the bed. You dropped the plate, rushed into your room, picked the boy and stuck his natural pacifier into his mouth.

On returning back to the dining, guy man still sitdon dey mope at plates ,waiting for you to dish into a plate for him, is that natural? If a man really loves his wife as himself, chances are ,he ran into the room with his wife or he started sorting out himself while asking "wetin happen?".

I am even thinking sef..

If the man is ready to eat, is there a need to serve in coolers?

Why not just dish his food in a plate?

Before someone begins to misthink tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I read some things here and wonder if there is a manual shared somewhere..

Remember that who should greet first in husband and wife thread years back? I stumbled on it one day

I 100% agree with you, that cliché 'courtship is different' is very wrong.

Abeg, let them carry go cheesy

;DThat thread about who greets first, very unbelievable thread i tell you! One will go nuts if you take anything read here seriously.

Maybe there is a manual, talk of robotic marriage,union of the clones shocked.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SAMBARRY: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Talking to his Alfas, Pastors and Ancestors nko
grin cheesy grin grin

it is necessary. The alfa and pastor needs to know grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I am even thinking sef..

If the man is ready to eat, is there a need to serve in coolers?

Why not just dish his food in a plate?

Before someone begins to misthink tongue

Believe me when I tell you that I missed that part too,may be not dishing in a cooler first shows lack of respect cheesy.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

;DThat thread about who greets first, very unbelievable thread i tell you! One will go nuts if you take anything read here seriously.

Maybe there is a manual, talk of robotic marriage, union of the clones shocked.

@Bold grin

Volume 1 or volume 2?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
edwife:

If it happens the way you put up here,i categorically tell you that no man in his right sense will stay put and waiting for you.
So such woman needs to check herself for marrying such a fellow.

For me it even all about fun,eating together,feeding each other or serving him- no big deal.

Now you get the point!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
byvan03:

Believe me when I tell you that I missed that part too,may be not dishing in a cooler first shows lack of respect cheesy.

Hahahahahahhahahahhahahaahahahaha!

Hilarious I tell you

Serve first in coolers/dishes and dish into a plate

When it is not a party or buffet or for the whole family

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

In the Bible... Men are to serve their wives etc. we have an example in Jesus when He washed the feet of His disciples

My answer as a Christian doesn't/ will not contradict my answer as a feminist. They all form a part of the whole bukatyne.

A wife cooks and serves the food in a tray/cooler on the dining table. She expects her husband to dish himself because she has other chores to attend to and he finds it a problem?

All Hail 'Nigerian' husbands.

Yet, theses disciples called him master and they served him in the way Jesus expected of them, didn't they? now, that you're referring to Jesus and his disciples, shouldn't wives call their husbands Lord? Anyway, moving on.

Surely, you're not referencing the conventional bible we have all come to know. If not you'd have no issues with the head of the house and Lord demanding that his 'disciple" do as the master demands. Then, again, it's you. We don't know what bible you read.

There's cooler/tray in the bible? Or her expectations trump that of her master and Lord? In what biblical planet are these roles reversed Deaconess Bukky? Which means she can leave foods half-cooked or burn them because there are other chores to handle. Having chores is a good reason to leave other chores half-done or abandoned completely? That wife is a very special foolish breed.

We greet you, our 'Nigerian' wives.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin cheesy grin grin

it is necessary. The alfa and pastor needs to know grin

:oThat means America must know! shocked cheesy grin grin.

;Dfamily section....still as fun as ever! kiss.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Yet, theses disciples called him master and they served him in the way Jesus expected of them, didn't they? now, that you're referring to Jesus and his disciples, shouldn't wives call their husbands Lord? Anyway, moving on.

Surely, you're not referencing the conventional bible we have all come to know. If not you'd have no issues with the head of the house and Lord demanding that his 'disciple" do as the master demands. Then, again, it's you. We don't know what bible you read.

There's cooler/tray in the bible? Or her expectations trump that of her master and Lord? In what biblical planet are these roles reversed Deaconess Bukky? Which means she can leave foods half-cooked or burn them because there are other chores to handle. Having chores is a good reason to leave other chores half-done or abandoned completely? That wife is a very special foolish breed.

We greet you, our 'Nigerian' wives.

Okay

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Joy1706(f): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

As a christian, the leader is meant to serve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

This Is What My House Help Did To Me / Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.