Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari (889 Views)

Serap Gives Njc 7days To Refer Released Judges To Efcc, Icpc For prosecution / Federal Government Releases Funds For EFCC, ICPC To Try Ex-Governors / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 02, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday vowed to strengthen his anti-corruption campaign, noting that his administration would not spare anyone found guilty of corrupt practices.He also vowed to reinvigorate all anti-corruption agencies in the country such as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission.Buhari said this at the opening session of the 45th Annual Accountants Conference and 50th Anniversary celebration ofthe Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.The conference with the theme “ICAN: Building on a legacy of service” is the single largest gathering of chartered accountants in the country.The President in his address delivered by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Anastasia Nwaobia, stated that the lack of prudence, transparency andhonesty in the management of public resources had left Nigerians in poverty.He called on ICAN to assist his administration in reversing thetrend by ensuring that the resources of government were duly accounted for with all sense of transparency.He said, “We are at the threshold of history where we must collectively take the destiny of the nation in our hands. As Nigerians, no one can love Nigeria like you and I. On our part, we will continue to lead by example making efforts to live above board.“As we strive to walk our talk, we will carry to its logical conclusions our initiative to overhaul the bureaucracy of the public sector in an effort to engender transparency and improve productivity in public governance.“In addition, we will reinvigorate the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offenses Commission such that the processes of accountability in public governance are reinforced.“I assure you that persons found wanting will not be spared.”He said with the huge number of resources at the country’s disposal, Nigerians had no business with poverty.The President said his administration had commenced the process of rebuilding a better country for all through the enthronement of honesty in the management of public resources.While admitting that the battle for the enthronement of the right values would be difficult, Buhari said his administration was committed to effecting a change in the nation’s value system.Earlier, the President of ICAN, Mr. Samuel Deru, had said thatthe nation’s economy needed surgical and drastic reforms beyond what he described as “cosmetic privatisation of government companies.”These reforms, he added, should begin with plugging of all revenue leakages, revisiting and redefining priorities, slashingof cost of governance, and investing more in capital goods.Others are enforcing fiscal discipline and leveraging the country’s huge natural and human resource endowment to reposition its path to sustained growth and development.He also called on the government to make the budget cycle a subject of legislation in order to enhance budgeting ethics and effective implementation processes.”He said, “In spite of the current challenges, as a body, we are persuaded that integrity and public interest as cherished virtues, will continue to underlie good governance and economic prosperity.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-ll-strengthen-efcc-icpc-buhari/
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by jeremiah4321: 4:21am On Sep 02, 2015
Let see how far u can go
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 02, 2015
ok
Next!
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by Standing5(m): 4:36am On Sep 02, 2015
The way to go.
Empower 'em to speed up justice.
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by rozayx5(m): 4:39am On Sep 02, 2015
I WILL

body action ltd undecided
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by eleko1: 4:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Good one.Lamorde is a gonner.We need fearless man that will do throughout job.Abeg,appoint Soldier/sincere good hand from DMI/DSS to chair the commission.
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by funlord(m): 4:52am On Sep 02, 2015
undecided Constant pledges but so little action!
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by olafum1(m): 4:55am On Sep 02, 2015
The last time I checked; Campaign has ended. Mr President will u start doing something?? cool
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 02, 2015
eleko1:
Good one.Lamorde is a gonner.We need fearless man that will do throughout job.Abeg,appoint Soldier/sincere good hand from DMI/DSS to chair the commission.
Unless lamorde's tenure expires or the Senate sanctions his removal, he is going no where
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by lurther: 5:36am On Sep 02, 2015
Is this guy still campaigning?

'I will'.... how can a president still be saying 'I will' do this or do that. Someone who is already a president?
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by fromnigeria(m): 5:36am On Sep 02, 2015
Please Do? It will help your anti-corruption fight!!
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=lurther post=37580868]Is this guy still campaigning?

'I will'.... how can a president still be saying 'I will' do this or do that. Someone who is already a president?[/quote
]
After wasting 100 days in office, the old man still thinks he is campaigning and making promises smh

1 Like

Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by saintopus(m): 6:10am On Sep 02, 2015
Strengthening the EFCC and ICPC are not the only problem in the Nation. Assume we are able to bring down corruption to zero which is not possible even in the advanced countries there is still corruption Nigeria will still have problem. The reason is that stealing of public properties and monies is more of mentality than strengthening of institutions of corruption. And until the mentality is changed strengthening of institutions will not work
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2015
good work.
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by omowolewa: 6:40am On Sep 02, 2015
PMB doesn't need to anounce this. He has all it takes.
First step is to enact the whistle blowers' protection law.
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by orisa37: 6:51am On Sep 02, 2015
EFCC, ICPC etc should be strengthened, OBJ established them. We must ensure that no innocent Nigerian is unduely harrassed, arrested and punished.
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by DankemzI(m): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2015
It seems this Man will be willing to will till 2019
#WillSmith
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by rozayx5(m): 7:14am On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=37580891][/quote]

i taya
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by permsec: 7:40am On Sep 02, 2015
The strength is coming from the North. Save us the long sermon. How much strength u get sef? Who needs strength when the body language alone is doing wonders than that of Pastor TB Joshua?
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by sammyj: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2015
Baba we trust you just ensure the judiciary is also strengthen to jail this all looters! !! grin
Re: I ‘ll Strengthen EFCC, ICPC —buhari by Ghandi12: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2015
Rhetorics when overused become boring.

Ribadu is alive and kicking in Nigeria. He single-handedly built EFFC from a 2-3 room exiguity into a globally-awe-inspiring-colossus in few years, recovering Billions back into the government covers, instilling fear in the minds of aspiring thieves. Ribadu has gone on to train several African countries on his experience and result-oriented anti-graft measures.

Ribadu is fearless, he knows all the thieves, he has all the contacts, he has remained un-compromisable so what or who are we waiting for?

PMP should have a word with Ribadu. These rhetorics are becoming quotidian.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Wants Enforcement Of Law On Rape To Protect Women, Children / Photo:see The Garage Of Nigeria's 2nd Senate President, Akweke Nwafor Orizu / See Photo Of Cheif Obafemi & H.I.D Awolowo On Their Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.