Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW (13710 Views)

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Result & Admission For 2012/2013 Unilag Post Graduate School / Preparing For Gmat And Graduate School in The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by otoyin(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2009
Hello nairalanders,lets talk on the  UNILAG POST GRADUATE SCHOOL.How TOUGH OR EASY is it?

Just tell the house what it takes if you have gone through it or similar course or have someone who went through it

I am particularly interested in the Masters in Project Management

thanks
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Redfox(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2009
i also intend studying economics at Msc level,i did my first degfree at UNN,dont really know much about how UNILAG runs their programme.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2009
T-o-u-g-h, been there,done that and i'm yet to graduate,
the lectures are Mon to Fri for Executive MBA dunno for MSc et al,
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by nibestar: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2009
hello peeps,
neva done b4,but had my 1st degree frm dere.
but expect something tough
one luv
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by nibestar: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2009
hello peeps,
neva done b4,but had my 1st degree frm dere.
but expect something tough
one luv
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by showbobo(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2009
You're definitely not gonna find it easy. . . .
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by SUKKIE(m): 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2009
@poster

I also did my 1st degree in Unilag,I can assure it's quite decent by njar standards though. Its Business Admin,Engineering and Science faculties are arguably the best . In the light of this, u may as well go  for it. Pause for thought, Y not try Lagos Business School; reckon it cost more but it carries more weight  in the labour market at P.G level and that competitive edge is all u need. However, it's a function of money,which u  will recoup with a good job. Boss, all d best the choice is urs.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by dipotepede(m): 4:28am On Apr 04, 2009
Why not get a foreign MBA?

I can teach you how to get your MBA totally tuition free:

Check: http://www.dipotepede.com/2009/04/02/mba-scholarship-in-sweden/

You would be glad you did
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Scottx(m): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2009
I also want to go for Msc Economics.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by uau(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2009
i want to go for m.sc. computer science. it's a full time program for 1 academic session. any idea on the program?
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by itiade(f): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2009
Hi guys, i intend coming in for Msc accounting, do you pls have an idea of how much the school fees cost and how the lectures are structured. Is it every evening / weekend.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by tijehi(f): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
I'm currently there (masters in public and international affairs). If not for the proxiimity, i'ld have gone to a school outside lagos. University of Lagos is all about pat glory. You need to come see the way they treat Master's students like shit. No respect whatsoever. The annoying part of it all is the way they ask you for money, as if you pluck it off a tree. Theres this joke now that you must pay for the air you breath in that environment. The lecturers are worse (with just a few good ones). Just imagine, you are writing exams 2moro, then a lecturer comes up with a text book, stating that a compulsory question from the text book will be in the exam questions for his course you are writing the next day.
Then the say its part time, classes start from 6pm-8pm on weekdays (fine, atleast we were told when we bought the forms) but the annoying thing is that they do not make provisions for most of these evening holding classes, no erlectricity, even when we are lucky to have, we keep praying for PHCN not to indulge in their favourite past time, cus when they do, capish! thats the end for the midway lecture.

Social science is better as compared to engineering (especially Electrical electronics) which is supposed to be full time (just one year), my guy na 3years you go take graduate (civil is the most organised of all the branches of engineering).

As for the hostel, they allocate 2adults to one tiny room thats actually meant for one occupant, poor ventilation, very ugly rooms, no adequate amenities. Na small hell.

The gist is too long, I'm tired. Even some of my classmates who graduated from there(first degree) are actually embarrassed of their alma mater.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Cristalz(f): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2009
Hey guys. . .sorry to interrupt, but this thread should be in Education.

Moving it there in 5. . . wink
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by zayhal(f): 11:18am On Apr 07, 2009
tijehi:

I'm currently there (masters in public and international affairs). If not for the proxiimity, i'ld have gone to a school outside lagos. University of Lagos is all about pat glory. You need to come see the way they treat Master's students like shit. No respect whatsoever. The annoying part of it all is the way they ask you for money, as if you pluck it off a tree. Theres this joke now that you must pay for the air you breath in that environment. The lecturers are worse (with just a few good ones). Just imagine, you are writing exams 2moro, then a lecturer comes up with a text book, stating that a compulsory question from the text book will be in the exam questions for his course you are writing the next day.
Then the say its part time, classes start from 6pm-8pm on weekdays (fine, atleast we were told when we bought the forms) but the annoying thing is that they do not make provisions for most of these evening holding classes, no erlectricity, even when we are lucky to have, we keep praying for PHCN not to indulge in their favourite past time, cus when they do, capish! thats the end for the midway lecture.

Social science is better as compared to engineering (especially Electrical electronics) which is supposed to be full time (just one year), my guy na 3years you go take graduate (civil is the most organised of all the branches of engineering).

As for the hostel, they allocate 2adults to one tiny room thats actually meant for one occupant, poor ventilation, very ugly rooms, no adequate amenities. Na small hell.

The gist is too long, I'm tired. Even some of my classmates who graduated from there(first degree) are actually embarrassed of their alma mater.

Is it really that bad? what about those going for M.A. full time? Used to think Unilag is a good place to learn.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by ayobase(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
"Used To,
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by zaliya(f): 11:34am On May 05, 2009
Unilag postgraduate school!!!! Na wa o. Those guys are always demanding for money for one thing or the other. They should stop!!!!!!!!
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by remmy14177: 9:45am On May 06, 2009
I also intend to go in for MSc computer science,but i have not been able to complete the online application form,i keep getting different kind of errors each time i tried to complete the form.I was only able to complete the the pre-registration. Is there another mode of completing the form apart from doing it online.I have already paid 12000 naira for the application form and I have been given reference number.I will like to know if there is anybody here that have been able to complete the form.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by 9jarocks(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2009
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by remmy14177: 12:25pm On May 08, 2009
Thank u 9jarocks i have used the link you provided, and i have printed my application and acknowledgment form.I will also like to know where I can get the past question for the entry exam for computer science.

Thank
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by jubikpama(m): 1:49pm On May 08, 2009
PLEASE, I WANT TO CONFIRM FROM THE HOUSE IF ANYONE KNOWS OF IF THERE WOULD ADMISSION FOR STUDENTS INTO SYSTEMS ENGINEERING FOR THE SESSION 2009/2010 IN UNILAG BEFORE THE ON LINE APPLICATION CLOSES TODAY.

I'VE BEEN TO THE INSTITUTION, BUT THE DEPARTMENT DOORS WHERE CLOSE, NO ACADEMIC STAFF TO CONFIRM FROM. JUST RUMOURS FROM ENGR STUDENTS THAT IT IS MOST LIKELY THAT THE DEPT. WON'T BE ADMITTING POST-GRADUATE FOR THE NEXT SESSION.

IS IT TRUE

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT, IF YOU COULD CLEAR THE RUMOUR IN THE AIR.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by africanben: 11:25am On May 09, 2009
www.unilagforum.com has now opened for all students and prospective students.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Souljaboy2: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2009
Hey Guys,
Its unfair to talk about Unilag that way.
Its not that bad and I can testify to that.
I bagged an M.Sc in Economics and An M.Sc in Finance from That sch and
no lecturer for once made his text compulsary for my class.
They might make reference to their work and recommend them for study but they never made it compulsory.
My M.Sc in Economics was an executive programme (part time) so i understand the Nepa wahala involved but U can't pin it
on the sch as their fault as that is a general naija problem.
In our time we got strong rechargables and our lectures where good even without light.
As for doing a 1yr programme for 3yrs, my boo, that's is entirely ur fault.
After finishing Economics and bagged a finance Msc, I still have friend struggle to finish economics and eventually dropped out.
But remember we did d same exams and we all wrote projects.
In anything U do in life, what u get out of it is directly proportional to what U put into it, U get?
I'll be 31yrs next yr, so don't go thinking I'm not of this generation, age or time, Unilag is ok, by general naija standard.
Don't discourage people from trying, their experience might be diferent from urs.
Cheers,
Soulja 4 U, wink wink wink
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Obinoscopy(m): 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2009
@Souljaboy,
If Unilag is good as you paint it why is it that they have not released a comprehensive admission list for all the various department that advertised for masters interview. I applied for Public Health but the list for Public Health is not. Mind you I applied for this masters programme LAST YEAR!
So I don't blame anyone who castigate Unilag Postgraduate School.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Obinoscopy(m): 11:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
Finally I saw my name on the admission list!!!!
But who can tell me what next?
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by shupsyBaba(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hello House (my first post actually)

Well am also allied for a M.Sc in Computer Science

and as at the time of writing (typing in my own case smiley ) Computer Science dept had not released
their list of admitted students.

My question however is quite simple:

I applied for a FULL TIME program, however i WORK
yeah, yeah i know Full time you are not supposed to work, yes yes, but
can i combine a job and a full time MSc program?

I work in an IT firm and do occasionally get FIELD JOBS,
so any input please?
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by shupsyBaba(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
wow typo, am sorry embarassed

that should be

well I also applied for,
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Redfox(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
Expect anything.i don't think u can afford to fail your courses due to absenteeism,u have a chance of reapplying to part time.make up your on what u want to do by sacrificing.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by shupsyBaba(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2009
@Redfox Thanks 4 ur reply

But

1. Unilag doesnt offer PART TIME for MSc Comp Sci only MIT, so I dont think the option of
reapplying is available.

2. "Make up your on what u want to do by sacrificing", am sorry i dont get what you mean.

Are you saying I should choose 1 - Msc or Job?

If yes, well I have thought of that also and in an attempt to make up my mind
I posted my question, to get input from people if it would be possible to combine both

And o boy job no just they lie around the street o, if u ve 1, hold on to it until u
get a better 1 or have a very reasonable alternative.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by Redfox(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
I totally agree with you on that 'jobs are not easy to come by these days'.that was why i quickly suggested part-time,no doubt jobs are necessary but career development either through education and/or training is indeed sufficient.don't you think that MIT is more productive than Msc(comp sci) though the later is more academic in structure and curricular,do your research.the very best.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by shupsyBaba(m): 9:10am On Nov 20, 2009
10ks again

But seriously MIT is simply a glorified BSc, my first degree was in comp sci from Unilag
and i know what the MIT is. It isnt worth it - well maybe for the sake of
being able to say "I have a second degree"
i mean just MOUTH only. You should c what they are being taught.

Its not like MSc is any better but atleast it wouldnt be a repetition of my first degree.

10ks anyways

And for the record I think 1 can combine the 2.
NB: 1 would be combining 2 things together, u cant be as effective as doing 1 at a time, but
YES its doable.
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by ochukoccna: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
shupsyBaba:

10ks again

But seriously MIT is simply a glorified BSc, my first degree was in comp sci from Unilag
and i know what the MIT is. It isnt worth it - well maybe for the sake of
being able to say "I have a second degree"
i mean just MOUTH only. You should c what they are being taught.

Its not like MSc is any better but atleast it wouldnt be a repetition of my first degree.

10ks anyways

And for the record I think 1 can combine the 2.
NB: 1 would be combining 2 things together, u cant be as effective as doing 1 at a time, but
YES its doable.

Believe it was stated in the brochure that the MIT is for folks who have no prior background in Computer Science. That's why it's a glorified BSc seeing that's the trend even in some British universities nowadays. I created a post but it was to know when this department would release their admission list. Please if you know, do reply @ the post below https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-355008.0.html
Re: Unilag Post Graduate School - YOUR VIEW by nice2: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2010
gud a.m guys. pls does anyone knows if unilag postgraduate school offers industrial microbiology as part time or full time. 10x 4 ur replies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

D.s Adegbenro Ict Poly, Itori Ewekoro Ogun State 2012/2013 Admmission Is On / No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures) / Chevron Scholarship For 200 Level Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.