Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War (9201 Views)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Olabisi Kolawole, First Female Police PRO In Nigerian / 3 Killed In Renewed Ikwerre Cult War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by comfort3: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
1 Killed In OOU Cult War
April 02, 2009 15:12 (29 minutes ago), 19 views

By Abiodun Onafuye/  Ago-Iwoye

Two [b]female students of  Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, who are yet to be identified, have been killed. One of them was allegedly killed by cult members while the other died in an auto crash.

P.M.News learnt that one of the victims was a girlfriend of a campus cult leader. His cult group, Oroyin, was alleged to have been terrorising students at the campus. According to investigation, a rival cult group, who felt that they had been cheated by the Oroyin cult group, settled the score by killing the leader’s girlfriend.

The rival cult group reportedly killed the girl, when the Oroyin group had gone to operate in Ayetoro and Ikenne campuses, where several students were injured.

The rival group seized the opportunity of the group’s absence, to kill the leader’s lover. They later dumped her corpse at the entrance of the permanent campus at Ago-Iwoye.

When our correspondent visited the campus, students who were milling around the corpse, declined to make any comment. But when P.M.News later reached the private hostel where the slain girl lived, it was observed that many of her fellow students who also resided there had deserted the place.

However, one female student in the private hostel said to P.M.News: “They have all run away. We are packing our luggage. The reprisal attack from the group whose leader’s girlfriend was killed will be bloody.”

The other deceased was said to have been hit by a car occupied by joyous convocating students of the university, who had gone on a drinking spree at a popular haven in Ago-Iwoye. The driver of the vehicle was said to have been driving recklessly.

Efforts of P.M.News to contact the DPO of the Ago-Iwoye Police Station proved abortive. Meanwhile, there was restiveness on campus as lectures had been stopped.

The institution has recorded many deaths as a result of clashes among rival cult groups.

In 2001, a notorious cultist known as Tuyo was murdered in cold blood by rival cultists somewhere near his hostel at Bobagunwa, Ago-Iwoye.

Aggrieved by the murder of their leader, the loyalists of Tuyo took vengeance by launching attacks on those suspected to be his killers.

The school has been shut several times following crisis caused by rival cult groups which had claimed many lives, including that of innocent students.[/b]

grin wink
http://thepmnews.com/2009/04/02/1-killed-in-oou-cult-war
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by qkman: 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
Ohhh! may their souls rest in peace.
Nigeria our beloved country,see our rebranding madam no remember to rebrand and reorientate youths for we country now,well 'em pikin no dey here,'em don carry 'em go obodo oyinbo go study.

Make PM news sef carry GOOD NEWS one of these days.
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by DrKitaun(m): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2009
cry cry cry

NOT AGAIN . . . . embarassed
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by lucabrasi(m): 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
its akunyili's fault again that the various vc s cant take care of their universities??
hope this rebranding exercise will not cause another thing, lol
@post
really sad,and wish the various vcs will just get off their collective backsides and take pro active actions to stem and eradicate this menance,the government provides them with funds and they have the tacit support of the police so they have no excuse,besides they have university security and intelligence which is really easy in infilltrating and arresting cult members on campus!!
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2009
This is sad. very sad
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by tpia: 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by comfort3: 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2009
:-x
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by comfort3: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by jamace(m): 8:13am On Apr 04, 2009
and quite a lot of these cultists are from well to do homes. In other words, the leaders of tomorrow. Most of them need to be debriefed or whatever it is they call that therapy for people entangled in hypnotic behavior modifying groups.

and for some, they're told they or their loved ones will suffer the consequences if they quit. That's for the few even interested in quitting.

Yes o. They are our future leaders. They are rehearsing what their daddies taught them. Woe unto the masses of Naija as these terrorists will soon be unleashed on you by their wealthy dads as political leaders. sad
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by MrCrackles(m): 8:15am On Apr 04, 2009
Na wa oo! sad
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by deb(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2009
Ohhh! may their souls rest in peace.
Nigeria our beloved country,see our rebranding madam no remember to rebrand and reorientate youths for we country now,well 'em pikin no dey here,'em don carry 'em go obodo oyinbo go study.

Make PM news sef carry GOOD NEWS one of these days.

Trying to make a sense of the highlighted phrase above? Its always easy to criticize.

As per OOU, its a messed up glorified secondary school as far as I am concerned.
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by DrKitaun(m): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2009
@Deb

name me a school that isnt a glorified secondary school ?

in considering what a UNIVERSITY is; do u consider structures alone ?

do u know that its a known fact that over 70% of our University garduates are half-baked graduates . . .

havent u seen some graduates that cant write nor comprehend simple speeches ?

havent u met with our Naija graduates that would so massacre the language of the QUEEN even whilst trying to show their mastery of same . . .

when it comes to these things there are no hard and fast rules . . .explains why even students from Private Universities dont know jackshit cry cry

the truth of the matter is the standard of education in the country is poor generally . . . forget the fact that someone flashes a 1st class degree in ur face, in some institutions its not worth more than 3rd class but above all PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT is what is required for individuals to attain true levels of INGENUITY required from graduates . . .

QED cool
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2009
@Dr Kit,

OAU Ife cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 05, 2009
@ Dr kitaun, UI ti iBADAN is not a glorified secondary school wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by deb(m): 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2009
@Dr Kitaun

my guy trust me, in the animal farm, some animals are more equal than the other.
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by kaypumpin2(m): 12:58am On Apr 06, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Deb

in considering what a UNIVERSITY is; do u consider structures alone ?

do u know that its a known fact that over 70% of our University garduates are half-baked graduates . . .

havent u seen some graduates that cant write nor comprehend simple speeches ?

havent u met with our Naija graduates that would so massacre the language of the QUEEN even whilst trying to show their mastery of same . . .

when it comes to these things there are no hard and fast rules . . .explains why even students from Private Universities dont know jackshit cry cry

the truth of the matter is the standard of education in the country is poor generally . . . forget the fact that someone flashes a 1st class degree in ur face, in some institutions its not worth more than 3rd class but above all PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT is what is required for individuals to attain true levels of INGENUITY required from graduates . . .

QED cool

GBAM!
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by DrKitaun(m): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2009
femilangy:

@ Dr kitaun, UI ti iBADAN is not a glorified secondary school wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

bloody KORO boy !!! angry

get the feck off my face u Ghana-based deportee grin grin

dayokanu:

@Dr Kit,

OAU Ife cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

sharrap u dis Awo hall boy . . .

buncha terrorists, worse than Cult bois tongue grin
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by comfort3: 1:50am On Apr 07, 2009
hummmmmmm.
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by DrKitaun(m): 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
hummm
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by Moonstone(f): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2009
I tire oooo! That school is already an agbero school. I'm not surprised. May the souls of those girls rest in peace.
I hope they handle the cult members well so this rubbish will stop.
If the police can find them sha.

Now that I think about it, Our police weapons sef can't handle these boys, what was I thinking? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by tpia: 8:23pm On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): Cult War by Ayobami7(m): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
eyaah

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? / General Buhari Must Visit Compt General Of Customs Dikko Inde's House: / Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.