Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

President Buhari's 100 Days In Office; Peoples' Expectations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's 100 Days In Office; Peoples' Expectations (424 Views)

Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos / Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave / Nigerians Tweet On Buhari 100 Wasted Days- #100wasteddays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's 100 Days In Office; Peoples' Expectations by semochendo1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Last week, I went in company of a friend, who runs an NGO, for a prison visitation as part of their programs. On getting there, we met a young man crying profusely at the prison "reception" I call it, I was forced to ask the officer on duty what happened, he said he's just been released after 3yrs of imprisonment, I said wow! So I went to the man and asked why the cry, he looked me in the eyes, and before saying a word again, tears was seen rolling down. I pat his back and consoled him, and that was when he said, It's actually a cry and tears of joy, that he never appreciated freedom, until he got into the prison.

Ordinarily, one will expect Nigerians, who have been incarcerated in the cobweb of corruption to be as joyous as this man when eventually we've found someone who has come to set us free.

It's quite an indisputable fact that the greatest problem limiting the growth of this country despite our natural endowments is corruption. I've said it severally that if corruption is solved, things will naturally fall in place. You may be wondering where they get the stable power supply we have now when no kobo has either been spent on power nor a minister appointed.

I want Nigerians, for the first time we have a serious leader who is ready to make things right, put aside politics and face the reality on ground. It's now obvious corruption is the reason we have unstable power supply, mass unemployment, poor healthcare facilities, poor education, bad roads etc, because It's not that money was not appropriated for the betterment of these sectors, but because people involved mismanaged it and used it to gratify their personal interest.

I implore everyone to join PMB in this Anti Graft war rather than expecting the usual politics of pointing to sub-standard roads and hospitals built by politicians to cajole us to believing they are working. Our problem is systemic failure, which demands a critical and systematic approach to rectify, which of course shouldn't be expected resolved in 100days, It's a problem aggravated by 16yrs of PDP led government. We need cooperation, understanding and patience to push the country to our dream land.

God bless Nigeria
God Strengthens PMB and his cabinets
God bless you
God bless Me.
Re: President Buhari's 100 Days In Office; Peoples' Expectations by TippyTop(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
I have no expectation from the dullard, I never voted for him.
Re: President Buhari's 100 Days In Office; Peoples' Expectations by rottennaija(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
TippyTop:
I have no expectation from the dullard, I never voted for him.

And that is why you and your kind will still remain where ever you are and will never see anything good about what he is doing. That will always be why any unsubstantiated rumor about him, you will always rush to talk about it without trying to know if it is true or not.
Well, like I have always said even before the elections, for 1 of you not supporting PMB, there are 3 to 5 giving him the support he needs.
You will still remain with your myopic thought while PMB fixes this country. And may I add, you have been losing for too long that you still cannot know when you have won.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's 100 Days In Office; Peoples' Expectations by semochendo1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
rottennaija:

And that is why you and your kind will still remain where ever you are and will never see anything good about what he is doing. That will always be why any unsubstantiated rumor about him, you will always rush to talk about it without trying to know if it is true or not.
Well, like I have always said even before the elections, for 1 of you not supporting PMB, there are 3 to 5 giving him the support he needs.
You will still remain with your myopic thought while PMB fixes this country. And may I add, you have been losing for too long that you still cannot know when you have won.

Smiles.. I wish I could like your comment a million times. grin
rottennaija:

Smiles.. I wish I could like your comment a million times.

(1) (Reply)

ICPC Dispatches Teams To Investigate Amaechi, Chime, Others / Benue Govt To Use N75.8 Million For Renovation Of Governor’s Lodge / Breaking: Production: Kachikwu Gives Warri Refinery 90-day Ultimatum-punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.