Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper (26894 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / Link To Download Half Of A Yellow Sun Book / Page 3 Girls In The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2005
The Sun comes everyday with bizzare news and heart-quaking information.

The Punch is ever ready with its diversified story line, news galore and a lot of features

Which do you go for? Which do you read?
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by gentleone(f): 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2005
Well, I read both of them and I like both of them.

If you're looking for human angle stories, both bizzare and the likes, then you'll get it in the Sun Newspaper with clear pictures to back it up.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Seun(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2005
What about Guardian and Vanguard newspapers? Aren't they solid newspapers too?
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by razor(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2005
In the absence of other newspapers and with all the weird news that is always on the Sun newspaper, l'll simply pick Punch
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2005
vanguard too is good so is thisday
are all the sun news true?
they seem to be getting comanding captions
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by ondogi: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2005
I really do not think there is any basis for comparison between the punch and sun newspapers. The punch belongs in the same class with guardian and Thisday, which are all broadsheet papers. While the sun on the other hand fall into the category referred to as 'The Rag sheet'.

Personally i think the sun is just a junk piece of write-up, targeted towards the less intellectually inclined in our midst. Before anybody rush to crucify me, remember its my personal opinion and need i remind you i have every right to express it.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by gentleone(f): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2005
[Personally i think the sun is just a junk piece of write-up, targeted towards the less intellectually inclined in our midst. ]

@ondogi ,yea u have a right to express yourself but i disagree with you on this. the sun is equally as good as vanguard,punch,and other papers, its just that they carry more human angle stories.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by bagoma(f): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2005
I'll pick up punch anytime, anyday. I dont like d sun. I know a lot of people do and it beats my imagination why.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2005
sun have a way of dagging people to buy their papers,with the bizzare headlins and sun girl and all that! yes they are good too but i dont think they beat punch,i buy both though!
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by niniowo(f): 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2006
the two papers are targeted at different audience. Just like Molue and 'black and yellow' lagos are meant for different classes of commuters.
News is not a one-way affair. if you pick up the elitist THISDAY/ GUARDIAN. they report news about leaders. The Sun on the other hand is reporting about the man in the street.
Thier cover price is also another index. In United Kingdom, there are different papers for different tastes. The Guardian and Times are elitist, Daily Mirror is Middle Class, Sun(Yes the Sun) is working class and you have a legion of Regional newspapers like my Village Leamington Observer.

They are all planets in our galaxy and they are all good.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Advin(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2006
The Sun is too too too bloody. Their cover-pages are always "16 reported dead in Jos", "The devil behind the Scene", Blood for Blood". But when it comes to sports news, I love "The Sun".
The Punch is a good news paper though, but this should have been, "The Sun vs Thisday". That would have been a great match.
But if you really want to read some news, then go for "Independent".
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by cushman(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2006
I'll go for the punch. No doubt about it.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by bolaoni(m): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2006
I like both but attimes get disturbed by all the Bizarre stories the Sun carries. I just gbadun their feature articles. But if the two are in tango, I will go for THE PUNCH
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Eastcoast(f): 4:20am On Jan 31, 2006
i prefer the punch. at times, the sun could be more entertaining.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by uniben82(f): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2006
I visit sunnewsonline periodically. I'm assuming they(sun newspaper) are one and the same. They are what most in the US refer to as "tabloid".
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Johnny(m): 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2006
I read the Sun newspaper almost everyday. I will go for the paper any time any day.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by oloto(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
well i think when u need entertainment the sun is the best especially weekends
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Heinz(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2009
Graphically Punch newspaper is number one compared to the Sun
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by nehemaih: 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
wink
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Greycells(m): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
Both of the above
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by AccoPen(m): 10:35am On Aug 11, 2009
I'd rather watch horror movie than read the Sun. Punch is it.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by slap1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
The Sun is the current newspaper of the year & also the current market leader.It's website is also the most visited paper website in Nigeria. It's editors are among the best in the biz, I can go on and on,

1 Like

Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by mamagee3(f): 2:20am On Jan 14, 2010
I prefer Sun Newspaper even though I hate the sun girls
that appear on their front pages
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by chidyke77(m): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2010
Sun newspaper and vanguard are the only paper i love to read.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by dove24u(m): 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
I prefer Nigerian Tribune tongue
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Stankoko(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
The Sun is the number 1 newspaper in Nigeria. In 6 yrs, they achieved what many couldn't do. It speaks for the man in the street. It's not just about the news and entertainment, Let's talk abt their columnists. Is it Duro Onabulue? Or do you want to talk about Mike Awoyinfa who also happens to be the Chief Editor. Try as much as possible to make out a little time to read the back page of Sun every Wednesday and witness Steve Nwosu doing his thing. That guy (Steve) will one day rank as the greatest columnist in the world. Before anybody starts talking bad about the Sun, take a sec and ask yourself, Who faught OBJ's 3rd term agenda to a stand Still? Who shouted Etteh down when she refused to step down? If Gani (may his soul rest in peace) being the human he is steps out of track, who corrects him? And which Paper is the highest selling Newspaper in Nigeria? The Sun ought to be compared with something higher rather than Punch. What and what has the Punch done for the man in the street? You don't just publish because you' ve got a publishing comapany. You publish to make an impact. And the Sun has made that impact. Period.

1 Like

Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by lumlum: 9:40am On Feb 24, 2010
What an advert. Why condem rather than appreciate there various(all newspaper) comtribute to spread of information and communication to one and all at large. In this epilectic season of PHCN where we can not watch or listen to new on both tv and radio and some group of people with there prefession try to sell information whether sensible or otherwise just to get us inform yet some of us are just being unrealistical critics. As if we dont have enough trouble in our hand(country) yet here you are cooking another one. I thought our new slogan is Good People Great Nation. Let demonstrate this so that the outside world can appreciate our concept. However, punch,sun,vanguard,champion etc they are all doing a great job. They cannot all be the same as they are not of the same company, staff, and whathavethey. above all they can't be perfect as there is no perfection in any profession. Nevertheless, let me ask "What is your contribution to the society at large? Since you've decided to see crime and error in others peoples doing. Thumbs Up to all ye Nigeria NewsPaper as your best is yet to come as well as the sky is your limit.

Oun to ba wun anibody lo le fi enu won so,

I rest my case.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Stankoko(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2010
lumlum:

What an advert. Why condem rather than appreciate there various(all newspaper) comtribute to spread of information and communication to one and all at large. In this epilectic season of PHCN where we can not watch or listen to new on both tv and radio and some group of people with there prefession try to sell information whether sensible or otherwise just to get us inform yet some of us are just being unrealistical critics. As if we dont have enough trouble in our hand(country) yet here you are cooking another one. I thought our new slogan is Good People Great Nation. Let demonstrate this so that the outside world can appreciate our concept. However, punch,sun,vanguard,champion etc they are all doing a great job. They cannot all be the same as they are not of the same company, staff, and whathavethey. above all they can't be perfect as there is no perfection in any profession. Nevertheless, let me ask "What is your contribution to the society at large? Since you've decided to see crime and error in others peoples doing. Thumbs Up to all ye Nigeria NewsPaper as your best is yet to come as well as the sky is your limit.

Oun to ba wun anibody lo le fi enu won so,

I rest my case.
         hey! Hold it there! I hope u are not refering to me. I just replied according to the topic. Sun does not belong to me or any relation of mine, I' m just saying things the way I see them. Abt my contributions to the society, I can't count them.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by dolu2007(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by Orikinla(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
Both are fine. But The Punch is not improving compared to The Punch of the past decades.
It is pathetic that only less than 80, 000 copies are printed daily. And it is the largest circulating in Nigeria, the most populous country in Africa with over 160 million people.

I do not have much respect for them. They are operating with a 20th century model of journalism in the 21st century.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by femmy2010(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2010
No Matter how bright it shines the Punch would punch it down.
For me it is the PUNCH any day.
Re: Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper by spicyhoney(f): 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2010
Sun newspaper is full of UNTRUE stories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tochi's Dilemma / Debate... Female Education Is Better Than Male Education. / The Suave Man In Lagos Drives A Range Rover But Is Penniless- Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.