Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong (1149 Views)

Baby With 4 Legs, 2 Genitals Born In Katsina (Photo) / Baby With 4 Hands And 3 Legs Born In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Two Heads In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by POWEROFPEACE(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
My neighbor's wife put to bed recently a bouncing baby boy. When I visited her, I was surprise to see her feeding the baby boy with feeding bottle instead of breast milk and when I asked her why, she told me her breast did not rush or produce breast milk not only at the time of birth, but for several days. She said it was the nurses that recommended the method and the particular milk she was using. Is this normal and what could be responsible for this.
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
What's abnormal is your interest in the beasts of your neighbour's wife. If you mind your business, there won't be any issue.

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by whitecloth: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
wetin concern you.
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by shaiba(f): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
Don't know much about it, but it happens and its normal to feed the baby recommended milk.

She should try taking a lot of pap and fluids, also make the baby suck the breast, even when nothing comes out, before feeding him with milk. she should also try to eat right. It will gradually flow. I had similar experience but it was just for a two days. Mine was a CS as he was too big (5kg) cheesy.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations to her.
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by QueenEdna(f): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Absolutely normal esp for nursing mothers who arent producing milk yet or those having a low milk supply the baby wud require a supplement(recommended milk) so dt it wunt be malnourished.

One of the causes of this condition i am aware of is when the mother waited too long b4 breastfeeding as soon as the child was born (esp mothers who had a Cs)dis could actually cause some delay in d production of d milk but with time it wud get back to normal frm consant latching on d breast by d baby d milk will begin to flow..........

P.s Some mothers do not even breastfeed @all due to medical issues, so d baby will have to survive on formulas till it outgrows it...

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by POWEROFPEACE(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
shaiba:
Don't know much about it, but it happens and its normal to feed the baby recommended milk.

She should try taking a lot of pap and fluids, also make the baby suck the breast, even when nothing comes out, before feeding him with milk. she should also try to eat right. It will gradually flow. I had similar experience but it was just for a two days. Mine was a CS as he was too big (5kg) cheesy.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations to her.
thanks a lot. She needed my advice as a scientists but I was not able to help, that was why I brought it here. I may not know you but I think you are a reasonable person unlike others that derive pleasure in frustrating peoples effort. Keep it up, it helps.
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by POWEROFPEACE(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
QueenEdna:
Absolutely normal esp for nursing mothers who arent producing milk yet or those having a low milk supply the baby wud require a supplement(recommended milk) so dt it wunt be malnourished.

One of the causes of this condition i am aware of is when the mother waited too long b4 breastfeeding as soon as the child was born (esp mothers who had a Cs)dis could actually cause some delay in d production of d milk but with time it wud get back to normal frm consant latching on d breast by d baby d milk will begin to flow..........

P.s Some mothers do not even breastfeed @all due to medical issues, so d baby will have to survive on formulas till it outgrows it...
This is educating, I think I am clear now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by shaiba(f): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
thanks a lot. She needed my advice as a scientists but I was not able to help, that was why I brought it here. I may not know you but I think you are a reasonable person unlike others that derive pleasure in frustrating peoples effort. Keep it up, it helps.

Thank. Glad to help.
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
Just wrong,d breast milk contains vital antibodies d baby lacks n important nutrients 4developments of d babies brain formula wld neva give...especially d 1st(colostrum)...where is d husband when he is needed?
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by Ndipe(m): 3:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Dont pokenose into people's private affairs, that's how wahala starts.
Re: My Neighbor's Wife Feeds Her Day Old Baby With Feeding Bottle, Right Or Wrong by dominique(f): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2015
Not everybody is interested in breastfeeding exclusively even if the milk is flowing well. If it's their decision, you have no choice but to respect that. Some babies never tasted breast for a day in their lives and they turned out fine.

(1) (Reply)

Help!! I'm Hypertensive At 28years Old. What Should I Do? / Meet the Occupational Therapist / Join My Team In Swissgarde, Grow Your Income To Above 100k Within 6 Months. Regi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.