Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:20 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (433257 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (169) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

YEA i got one already....pls ehen which software do u recomend i download so i can clean them junks cos my lappy slow die now....abi what do u think i should do

Ccleaner & Advanced Systemcare 9
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 4:14am On Jun 23, 2016
computerboy:

I thought you already checked there. You could find it there
Thanks for the support Computerboy, i found another Windows 10 pro iso and it worked. All necessary drivers was installed, updated Display and got "Sleep" mode et al!

But i couldnt get the Fingerprint to work. I have installed the driver but if i install the "HP Client Security" and "Protect Tools" which are the parent programs, one complain of "require Netframework 3.5 or later" when i have 4.6.1 installed and the other gives "Error 1721"

Any idea on how to get over that?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 7:50am On Jun 23, 2016
ewizard1:

Thanks for the support Computerboy, i found another Windows 10 pro iso and it worked. All necessary drivers was installed, updated Display and got "Sleep" mode et al!

But i couldnt get the Fingerprint to work. I have installed the driver but if i install the "HP Client Security" and "Protect Tools" which are the parent programs, one complain of "require Netframework 3.5 or later" when i have 4.6.1 installed and the other gives "Error 1721"

Did you upgrade from a home or pro version of 8.1 to windows 10 pro; also where did u download the ISO from and how did u go about the process of upgrading.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
rawdpiper:

Did you upgrade from a home or pro version of 8.1 to windows 10 pro; also where did u download the ISO from and how did u go about the process of upgrading.
I upgraded from a Windows8 Pro! I got the iso file from a friend, made a 16gb flash bootable, booted from startup... the setup gave a Windows 10 Pro and Home options.

All things work except the fingerprint. its an Elitebook PC.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Ccleaner & Advanced Systemcare 9

do u think updating to windows 10 will make the pc run faster?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

do u think updating to windows 10 will make the pc run faster?

Windows 10 is now getting smoother and more fluid, after lots of updates.
But it is not immune to junk collection and resource hog. So the aforementioned softwares, would help purge all the junks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Windows 10 is now getting smoother and more fluid, after lots of updates.
But it is not immune to junk collection and resource hog. So the aforementioned softwares, would help purge all the junks.

A FRIEND JUST ADVICED ME TO DOWNGRADE TO WINDOW 7....
ACER ASPIRE,4GIG,500HDD INTEL CORE I5
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

A FRIEND JUST ADVICED ME TO DOWNGRADE TO WINDOW 7....
ACER ASPIRE,4GIG,500HDD INTEL CORE I5

Why move backwards, when forward is a better option?

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Obinnio: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2016
SULBELL:

pls have you been able to get any fix for this problem. I am having d same issue and no solution yet for over a month now, I even tried swift wimax modem but the problem still persist.
Oga Boss I did not found any oh, I am using windows7 now, better for me and less stressful,

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

YEA i got one already....pls ehen which software do u recomend i download so i can clean them junks cos my lappy slow die now....abi what do u think i should do

A lot of things can cause a laptop to become slow. If you're sure it's the junks use either

AVG tuneup or
CCleaner
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2016
ewizard1:

dot net framework 4.6.1 only includes versions from 4.0 and 3.5 includes versions from 3.5 downwards. So you'll need to install 3.5 even after installing 4.6.1

Just update your windows through windows update. All your problems would be gone after
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2016
computerboy:

dot net framework 4.6.1 only includes versions from 4.0 and 3.5 includes versions from 3.5 downwards. So you'll need to install 3.5 even after installing 4.6.1

Just update your windows through windows update. All your problems would be gone after
Oh! Thank you so much! i'll download the 3.5!
But would both version install alongside themselves? Cos i have other programs i use that requires 4.5 or later!

i would have loved to update OTA but the cost is my worry! sad
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
ewizard1:

Oh! Thank you so much! i'll download the 3.5!
But would both version install alongside themselves? Cos i have other programs i use that requires 4.5 or later!

i would have loved to update OTA but the cost is my worry! sad

Yes they'll install separately. Do you still have the CD you used to install the windows? I could help you install 3.5 from it so you won't have to download it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
computerboy:

Yes they'll install separately. Do you still have the CD you used to install the windows? I could help you install 3.5 from it so you won't have to download it
I created a bootable usb disk from an iso file. Yes i still have the iso file!

Would that do?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
computerboy:

A lot of things can cause a laptop to become slow. If you're sure it's the junks use either

AVG tuneup or
CCleaner

If it's not the junks what else could be d cause of the sluggishness...
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Why move backwards, when forward is a better option?

LOL Bro.... Am a novice when it comes to lappy, d thing sef Don tire me....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
ewizard1:

I created a bootable usb disk from an iso file. Yes i still have the iso file!

Would that do?

Ok hope you know how to mount an ISO file.
1. Mount the iso file
2. Right click on start button and open command prompt as administrator
3. Copy this code without the quotation marks and paste
in command prompt

"Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source: F: \sources\sxs /LimitAccess"

F: represents the drive you mounted the Iso file so change if yours is different

4. As soon as you execute the above mentioned command (by pressing "enter"wink, Windows will start installing .NET Framework 3.5 in your system

It'll take some minutes. Mention me if it didn't work so we could try one more step
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

If it's not the junks what else could be d cause of the sluggishness...

Incompatible drivers/softwares
Ram
Virus
Fragmented hard drive

Junks hardly slow down system except your hard drive is almost full
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
computerboy:

Incompatible drivers/softwares
Ram
Virus
Fragmented hard drive

Junks hardly slow down system except your hard drive is almost full

MY HARDDISK WAS SHOWING 100PERECENT WHEN I CHECKED TASK MANAGER
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

MY HARDDISK WAS SHOWING 100PERECENT WHEN I CHECKED TASK MANAGER
You should check it with file manager not task manager
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
computerboy:

"Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source: F: \sources\sxs /LimitAccess"

Thanks grin I got it installed! The HP PROTECT TOOLS installed successfully!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
@Computerboy Thanks for the support!

Pls a friend would like to upgrade from Win8 to 10. His PC still has the stock os (Recovery partition intact)

Can he make use of the iso file without full format? I mean, can he use the iso file and have all his personal files intact also with the recovery partition still intact? He had being downloading the OTA upgrade through Windows 10 Update Assistant but the it stops at any network glitch!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:29am On Jun 24, 2016
ewizard1:
@Computerboy Thanks for the support!

Pls a friend would like to upgrade from Win8 to 10. His PC still has the stock os (Recovery partition intact)

Can he make use of the iso file without full format? I mean, can he use the iso file and have all his personal files intact also with the recovery partition still intact? He had being downloading the OTA upgrade through Windows 10 Update Assistant but the it stops at any network glitch!

Of course. He should just install the iso as normal application
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:36am On Jun 24, 2016
mbz101:

To even think that you're just going to give only download link not the actual files gets me thinking what you're actually charging all those thousands for. Softwares that are not worth more than 500 in hard copy.

Please go and create your own thread in the technology market. I take care of my own people here
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 12:43am On Jun 24, 2016
computerboy:

Of course. He should just install the iso as normal application
How please?

You mean, unpacking the iso and double click on "Setup" or make a bootable drive?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 2:34am On Jun 24, 2016
computerboy:

To even think that you're just going to give only download link not the actual files gets me thinking what you're actually charging all those thousands for. Softwares that are not worth more than 500 in hard copy.

Please go and create your own thread in the technology market. I take care of my own people here

If they also where to look, they can also download FREE!!!!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by mbz101(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2016
computerboy:

Mate , am not here to trash ur thread but to share infomative ideal , how is being abroad u don't necessary need to buy pirated CD before you can change your windows .
these software are not pirated ones in hardware . You install the software from the source "Mircosoft with generated key as Licence .
Unlike pirated hard copy you download and continue to ask for upgrading in short time of existence on you PC .
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2016
ewizard1:

How please?

You mean, unpacking the iso and double click on "Setup" or make a bootable drive?

Yep. Either unpacking and clicking on set up or you mount and install.

No need to make bootable drive
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Shawnpp(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
computerboy:

Yep. Either unpacking and clicking on set up or you mount and install.

No need to make bootable drive
Hi Computerboy,
Of recent, when ever I opens Microsoft encarta 2009, what I gets is: Navigation to the webpage was cancelled.
Pls is there any solution?
Someone asked me to make Internet Explorer my default browser but still the response
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Shawnpp:

Hi Computerboy,
Of recent, when ever I opens Microsoft encarta 2009, what I gets is: Navigation to the webpage was cancelled.
Pls is there any solution?
Someone asked me to make Internet Explorer my default browser but still the response

Did it start after a windows update? or did it just start like that? try enabling "protected mode" in Internet Explorer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (169) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.