Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (409412 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Shawnpp(m): 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
computerboy:

Did it start after a windows update? or did it just start like that? try enabling "protected mode" in Internet Explorer.
It started before the upgrade.
Also, this windows 10 drains my battery so fast even with the so called battery saver on
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:51am On Jun 25, 2016
Shawnpp:

Also, this windows 10 drains my battery so fast even with the so called battery saver on
windows 10 drains battery too fast and the other problem is auto downloads of windows updates.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Shawnpp:

It's a known issue in windows 10 (on some laptops tho)
For the encarta issue, try reinstalling it and make sure you have .Net 3.5 installed
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2016
Collinz2:
windows 10 drains battery too fast and the other problem is auto downloads of windows updates.

The bolded can be rectified from the first page of this thread
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Shawnpp(m): 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
computerboy:

Can this take care of my systems Elantech touchpad always resetting to default whenever I reboot.?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
Shawnpp:

Can this take care of my systems Elantech touchpad always resetting to default whenever I reboot.?

I faced that with Synaptics on hp sometime. Try updating your TouchPad driver. Also there's a way out of it from registry modifications but I've forgotten sha.

If you're on the latest TouchPad driver then downgrade to the 2nd latest
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Shawnpp(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
computerboy:

I faced that with Synaptics on hp sometime. Try updating your TouchPad driver. Also there's a way out of it from registry modifications but I've forgotten sha.

If you're on the latest TouchPad driver then downgrade to the 2nd latest
I'm not even on the latest o. When I upgraded to windows 10, the scrolling option stopped working the next day so I decided to install an upgrade. The update i installed was not even the latest.. It worked but stopped again after I rebooted the system
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2016
Shawnpp:

I'm not even on the latest o. When I upgraded to windows 10, the scrolling option stopped working the next day so I decided to install an upgrade. The update i installed was not even the latest.. It worked but stopped again after I rebooted the system

I understand what you mean. At each reboot all your settings would go back to default abi? I suggest you get the latest version.

Developers usually fix problems with updates
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2016
computerboy:

ok bro. Glo 10gb don turn 2gb chai windows 10.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2016
Guys in d house. Hi, where can I get the latest Microsoft office (with activation key) in Naija
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
i tried updating my windows 8 with media center to windows 1o home,after going through the processes and waiting for the pc to boot and start i get ther error message that my window installation failed after loading 100percent .....i used a cd software tho ....what could be wrong?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
i tried updating my windows 8 with media center to windows 1o home,after going through the processes and waiting for the pc to boot and start i get ther error message that my window installation failed after loading 100percent .....i used a cd software tho ....what could be wrong?

Why don't you download the ISO directly from Microsoft website or any other one DAT is online and den install directly( without making a bootable drive since it is windows cool
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2016
rawdpiper:

Why don't you download the ISO directly from Microsoft website or any other one DAT is online and den install directly( without making a bootable drive since it is windows cool

been trying to dl directly from microsoft but am stucked on 7 percent for days over wifi,with strong connection o,,,wonder what will happen if i use one of dem naija networks..
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2016
rawdpiper:

been trying to dl directly from microsoft but am stucked on 7 percent for days over wifi,with strong connection o,,,wonder what will happen if i use one of dem naija networks..so i decided to buy the cd software
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

been trying to dl directly from microsoft but am stucked on 7 percent for days over wifi,with strong connection o,,,wonder what will happen if i use one of dem naija networks..so i decided to buy the cd software

Do u always pause and resume later because the link DAT u will Use to download directly from Microsoft website expires after 24hrs
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
rawdpiper:

Do u always pause and resume later because the link DAT u will Use to download directly from Microsoft website expires after 24hrs

pause and download......
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
tunene66:
Guys in d house. Hi, where can I get the latest Microsoft office (with activation key) in Naija

The link or the Cd?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 4:14am On Jun 26, 2016
tunene66:

Why not simply download and activate using activators?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
ewizard1:

Thanks for the support Computerboy, i found another Windows 10 pro iso and it worked. All necessary drivers was installed, updated Display and got "Sleep" mode et al!

But i couldnt get the Fingerprint to work. I have installed the driver but if i install the "HP Client Security" and "Protect Tools" which are the parent programs, one complain of "require Netframework 3.5 or later" when i have 4.6.1 installed and the other gives "Error 1721"

Any idea on how to get over that?

How did you update display? Drop links pls
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
computerboy:

The link or the Cd?

Any of the two. I want an authentic one and I will pay
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Why not simply download and activate using activators?

How do I get d activators
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
darlingnuel:

How did you update display? Drop links pls
Just update the driver and you would be good!

*** Requires Internet ***

Go to Device Manager
Look for the 'Display' click on the tiny '+' button beside it. You would see the installed driver. Simply rigth click on it and 'Update Driver"

Use the internet option and the correct driver would be installed.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
tunene66:

How do I get d activators

What office version?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
ewizard1:

Just update the driver and you would be good!

*** Requires Internet ***

Go to Device Manager
Look for the 'Display' click on the tiny '+' button beside it. You would see the installed driver. Simply rigth click on it and 'Update Driver"

Use the internet option and the correct driver would be installed.
It reports that its upto date. But d sleep option isnt available on my power options
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ewizard1: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
darlingnuel:

It reports that its upto date. But d sleep option isnt available on my power options
Whats ur pc make and model?

Go get drivers at ur pc makers support site!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:31am On Jun 27, 2016
Any fix/tweaks for the battery draining issue on Windows 10?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2016
[b][/bluetooth disppeared from the action centreb ]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
semid4lyfe:
Any fix/tweaks for the battery draining issue on Windows 10?

Simply keep your windows 10 updated regularly. A patch is rolling out.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Eaa247:
[b][/bluetooth disppeared from the action centreb ]

Head to your device manager and re-enable
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Simply keep your windows 10 updated regularly. A patch is rolling out.
But windows 10 always stuck when downloading updates.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Collinz2:

But windows 10 always stuck when downloading updates.

If your network connection is not stable, updates would simply be a difficult task
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If your network connection is not stable, updates would simply be a difficult task
but mtn is always stable here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.