Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (409254 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Edgarated(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2016
computerboy. please the link on the first pge, can i use it to upgrade to win 10. been trying the upgrade notification microsoft sent to me but its not really working. please can i use the link on the first page to do upgrade without running the risks of losing my installed apps and files. thanks bro...please need to upgrade before the deadline expires
embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by femarse: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2016
apparently battery drain app incompatibility and serious drivers issue connectivity issues wifi and Bluetooth all these have made me finally decided to stick to my window 8.1 which works perfectly for everything I need and still juice out more battery life for me despite the temptation of that window 10 pop up on my task bar for a year now

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Edgarated:
computerboy. please the link on the first pge, can i use it to upgrade to win 10. been trying the upgrade notification microsoft sent to me but its not really working. please can i use the link on the first page to do upgrade without running the risks of losing my installed apps and files. thanks bro...please need to upgrade before the deadline expires
embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry

Deadline or not. Just download it. It'll install even next year. It's an offline package
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
femarse:
apparently battery drain app incompatibility and serious drivers issue connectivity issues wifi and Bluetooth all these have made me finally decided to stick to my window 8.1 which works perfectly for everything I need and still juice out more battery life for me despite the temptation of that window 10 pop up on my task bar for a year now

If you like 8.1, you would love Windows 10 !!!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Brymose(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
computerboy:

Nope. you can choose any architecture(32 or 64) you want when updating but you must format.
please I need to activate it. Any help sir?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If you like 8.1, you would love Windows 10 !!!

Some people value their battery life more. Some processors are lucky. Me, I was affected badly but i loved that windows 10 so i dual booted 8.1 and 10
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
computerboy:

Some people value their battery life more. Some processors are lucky. Me, I was affected battery but i loved that windows 10 so i dual booted 8.1 and 10

I have 2 Dell laptops, the M2800 really suffered from battery drain on Windows 10.
The E7450 did not suffer from battery drain on Windows 10.
So I think it's the luck of the draw
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by joenor(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bro you know there was a link you added and say download from here!
computerboy:

Where are you downloading from? If it's torrent then it's possible
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
joenor:
Bro you know there was a link you added and say download from here!

Link is on the first page of the thread
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by joenor(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
OK thanks
computerboy:

Link is on the first page of the thread
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I have 2 Dell laptops, the M2800 really suffered from battery drain on Windows 10.
The E7450 did not suffer from battery drain on Windows 10.
So I think it's the luck of the draw

My Windows 10 is working well on Inspiron 5547. The battery is performing excellently on it also. That's my experience o
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
tunene66:

My Windows 10 is working well on Inspiron 5547. The battery is performing excellently on it also. That's my experience o

Lucky you. Windows 10 is performing well on both. But while on Windows 7, I was achieving about 5 hours on the M2800, after upgrade to Windows 10, it now only achieves 2 hours plus.
But the E7450 still achieves between 7/8 hours.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Lucky you. Windows 10 is performing well on both. But while on Windows 7, I was achieving about 5 hours on the M2800, after upgrade to Windows 10, it now only achieves 2 hours plus.
But the E7450 still achieves between 7/8 hours.

Yea, on Windows 10 my laptop still goes for about 7 hours too
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
tunene66:

Yea, on Windows 10 my laptop still goes for about 7 hours too

NEPA no fit do you yanga
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2016
MasterRahl:
I ran an update for my windows 10 PC last night and discovered I was unable to turn off the Bluetooth or turn on the WiFi. What's wrong?

If you're sure it started after the update then it means you've updated driver and it's not compatible with your system. You'll have to uninstall the updates.
For more help,

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 03, 2016
computerboy:

If you're sure it started after the update then it means you've updated driver and it's not compatible with your system. You'll have to uninstall the updates.
For more help,

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/
Thanks bro.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lexusgs430:

NEPA no fit do you yanga

Abi o. By d way what is your thot on d windows 10 update. Should one go for it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
tunene66:

Abi o. By d way what is your thot on d windows 10 update. Should one go for it.

Sure
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Computerboy good day. My aunt new laptop has developed a new problem, a fat child sat on it and now when the system boot the mouse trackpad works for few seconds and stop until rebooted and works for seconds again and stop, external mouse do work perfectly when connected. And for the keyboard, if i punch "G" key it will print out "fg" and some other keys print out double letters too, some print out another letter or number like the key 1 at the right end print out 7. She took it to computer engineer they told how no fault but to set it to fix the problem, i'v checked it but could not find the right settings for it. Can u pleas help. Lenovo laptop.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 04, 2016
computerboy:

For more help,

Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
Collinz2:
Computerboy good day. My aunt new laptop has developed a new problem, a fat child sat on it and now when the system boot the mouse trackpad works for few seconds and stop until rebooted and works for seconds again and stop, external mouse do work perfectly when connected. And for the keyboard, if i punch "G" key it will print out "fg" and some other keys print out double letters too, some print out another letter or number like the key 1 at the right end print out 7. She took it to computer engineer they told how no fault but to set it to fix the problem, i'v checked it but could not find the right settings for it. Can u pleas help. Lenovo laptop.

That fat kid phrase got me laughing. Well from your narration and your troubleshooting (by trying external mouse), it's obvious it got nothing to do with software. So go to a good engineer this time and tell him exactly what happened. It's purely hardware
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:53am On Aug 05, 2016
HAVE been on windows 10 for like a month now,then suddenly last night i tried turning on the system it took over 15mins to load and it got to a page where it showed me diagnosing pc after that repairing pc then finally it asked me to format the system which i did after 3 hours,now my system is back on ,lost all my apps but stlii have my movies and songs but all apps and dll files gone.....my question now is how do i get my apps back....and i didnt backup before the formating tho
secondly i tried to update drivers but i keep getting my drivers are up to date....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2016
hi....I NEED TO replace my laptop fan,the noise coming from the fan alone dey vex me like shii....its acer aspire 5750,corei5,500hdd,4gig ram
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
HAVE been on windows 10 for like a month now,then suddenly last night i tried turning on the system it took over 15mins to load and it got to a page where it showed me diagnosing pc after that repairing pc then finally it asked me to format the system which i did after 3 hours,now my system is back on ,lost all my apps but stlii have my movies and songs but all apps and dll files gone.....my question now is how do i get my apps back....and i didnt backup before the formating tho
secondly i tried to update drivers but i keep getting my drivers are up to date....

You can't get your apps back. Even if you use recovery softwares, they'll recover corrupted files
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olamzy001: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2016
pls add me up to the whatsapp group 08163727964

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
Olamzy001:
pls add me up to the whatsapp group 0********4

You're in the wrong place. There's no whatsapp group
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by AwesomeRomeo: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
computerboy:

You're in the wrong place. There's no whatsapp group
Please bro, I have windows 7 ultimate 32 bits with 2gb RAM, 1.40GHZ laptop, which of the windows 10 edition is suitable for the the laptop? And after the upgrade, will I be able to use my old installed apps? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
Please bro, I have windows 7 ultimate 32 bits with 2gb RAM, 1.40GHZ laptop, which of the windows 10 edition is suitable for the the laptop? And after the upgrade, will I be able to use my old installed apps? Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro. Your files would be intact.
NB : Not unless you are using certain activator activated programs

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.