Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (409235 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
rawdpiper:

I have Microsoft toolkit available for activation in case. So there'll be need for activation after the upgrade even though I'm upgrading from a genuine version of windows 8.1?

Is the windows 10 a direct download from Microsoft on your system?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 5:27am On Aug 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Is the windows 10 a direct download from Microsoft on your system?

Yes. Downloaded the ISO file from their website( Microsoft's ) using IDM
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2016
rawdpiper:

Yes. Downloaded the ISO file from their website( Microsoft's ) using IDM
Is the AU ISO file for upgrade on Pc already running win10 or for fresh installation?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
darlingnuel:
Is the AU ISO file for upgrade on Pc already running win10 or for fresh installation?

BOTH
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
Intel core i5 4th/5th gen @ 2.4-2.6 GHz
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series
Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
rawdpiper:

BOTH
So if i download it on my pc, doubleclick on d file, it will just install like every file?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
rawdpiper:
4GB RAM
AMD R7 series GPU
OR
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000/5000 series
Which is better for gaming? And how much could each one cost? Anticipating u guys reply!

The AMD will always heat up while you're gaming. Go for Intel

In other words, I've got a hp pavilion 15 ultrabook and dv6 both are core i5 8gb ram and 750gb hdd coming this weekend. You might wanna patronize me wink

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
darlingnuel:
So if i download it on my pc, doubleclick on d file, it will just install like every file?

If its windows 8.1 u are using, just double click the file, windows will automatically mount it like as if u are opening it from anoda drive. After it opens you'll see a list of files, just click on the one named setup, follow the instructions and the upgrade begins!!! Update me as you go along or send screenshots

If u already using Windows 10, just follow the steps above, it will upgrade u from your previous version of windows 10 to the latest one.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
darlingnuel:

Yes
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
computerboy:

Yes
But isn't the automatic update option not available for Nigeria yet? Has anyone within Nigeria been able to receive automatic update prompting? because I'd prefer that option to using a downloaded ISO file
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
darlingnuel:
But isn't the automatic update option not available for Nigeria yet? Has anyone within Nigeria been able to receive automatic update prompting? because I'd prefer that option to using a downloaded ISO file

Even if there is automatic update, there is no reliable internet connection in Nigeria DAT will allow u to enjoy it. If your internet were to go haywire during the automatic upgrade, something might go wrong oo.
Downloading the ISO is preferable in this Nigeria situation. If anything goes wrong with ur Internet, you can pause and resume later. When installing ISO u don't have anything to do with internet again. Just to update your drivers that's all
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Kingy10: 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
computerboy:

The AMD will always heat up while you're gaming. Go for Intel

In other words, I've got a hp pavilion 15 ultrabook and dv6 both are core i5 8gb ram and 750gb hdd coming this weekend. You might wanna patronize me wink
Hello bro, is it advisable to upgrade to Windows 10 on HP 250?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by khattab008: 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hey Guys, my windows 10 laptop does not recognize phones connected through Usb, both android and windows, but it recognizes other external devices like flash drives and external hard disks.

Any solutions?

Cc computerboy and others.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by sodson11(m): 6:16am On Aug 20, 2016
khattab008:
Hey Guys, my windows 10 laptop does not recognize phones connected through Usb, both android and windows, but it recognizes other external devices like flash drives and external hard disks.

Any solutions?

Cc computerboy and others.

Download your drivers. Search for device manager, open it and you will a list of drivers, from there you can update your drivers.

Remember, google is your friend
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by khattab008: 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
sodson11:

Download your drivers. Search for device manager, open it and you will a list of drivers, from there you can update your drivers.

Remember, google is your friend

Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Computerboy i need to know something about my hp laptop, i used it this morning with ease and it worked fine and i shutdown and keep it later this evening i decided to use it but when it boot up the laptop start misbehaving. Narrator start workin when it is not switch one, the keyboard some key work other dont and sometimes it start printing ont letter p, the mouse pad moves but wont click and sometimes work, and the f4 key keep pressing itself and the laptop with display option when hdmi cord is plugged in.

i manage to enter setting and reset it without deleting my files, after reseting the problem stop and start again and then stop before i off it.

i think its hardware proble what would be the cause and when i keep it nobody put anything ontop.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Collinz2:
Computerboy i need to know something about my hp laptop, i used it this morning with ease and it worked fine and i shutdown and keep it later this evening i decided to use it but when it boot up the laptop start misbehaving. Narrator start workin when it is not switch one, the keyboard some key work other dont and sometimes it start printing ont letter p, the mouse pad moves but wont click and sometimes work, and the f4 key keep pressing itself and the laptop with display option when hdmi cord is plugged in.

i manage to enter setting and reset it without deleting my files, after reseting the problem stop and start again and then stop before i off it.

i think its hardware proble what would be the cause and when i keep it nobody put anything ontop.

This is how madness starts in humans. LOL
What was the last thing you did with it? Did you shut it down normally? Did it drop? Did you install any driver recently or is your driver on auto install? Many places to troubleshoot.

In this kind of case, I'll just boot to safe mode first. From there I can determine if it's hardware or software
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
computerboy:

This is how madness starts in humans. LOL
What was the last thing you did with it? Did you shut it down normally? Did it drop? Did you install any driver recently or is your driver on auto install? Many places to troubleshoot.

In this kind of case, I'll just boot to safe mode first. From there I can determine if it's hardware or software
I shut it down the normal way. I used it to read some pdf about programming. I did not drop it nor did i install any anything. For months now i only down games for android phone on it and movies, no game installed in it and i dont do heavy work on it. I'll boot to safe mode and examine it for a while. Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
Collinz2:
I shut it down the normal way. I used it to read some pdf about programming. I did not drop it nor did i install any anything. For months now i only down games for android phone on it and movies, no game installed in it and i dont do heavy work on it. I'll boot to safe mode and examine it for a while. Thanks.

Just pray it's a software issue. If it's hard ware then prepare to sell it.

I wanted to ask, did you plug it before leaving? Cos the erratic light NEPA brings might affect the circuit board
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2016
computerboy:

I wanted to ask, did you plug it before leaving? Cos the erratic light NEPA brings might affect the circuit board
it better be software problem GOD ABEG O NO MONEX 4 THIS BUHARI TIME OH. No light when i leave it and i dont plug it down when no light.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
computerboy:

The thing wey erratic electricity dey do for gadgets and home appliances, no be JOKE !!!!!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The thing wey erratic electricity dey do for gadgets and home appliances, no be JOKE !!!!!

Can't forget what it did to my first Toshiba laptop. The TouchPad was damaged. I couldn't use it while system is plugged. I've learnt my lessons over the years sha
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
computerboy:

Can't forget what it did to my first Toshiba laptop. The TouchPad was damaged. I couldn't use it while system is plugged. I've learnt my lessons over the years sha

The best solution is either circuit breakers or stabilizers. It would be a suicide mission for one's appliances and devices to connect directly
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
computerboy:

One more thing, when the laptop want to boot up it show to skip disk check press any key with in 8 seconds and after that it show repairing drive.

I believe HP 15 Notebook series are always faulty, my brother's HP 15 Notebook refuses to boot up only to find out the hard disk was bad for this I'll stay away from HP products.

The laptop has not bring up the problem since i shut it down yesterday but am still watching it.

ON WINDOWS 10:
My 360 security always delete my files (windows file, installed exe file, setup files and more), i uninstall it and install kaspersky and yet the same problem.

I decided to opt for windows defender and its still the same, if i restore any file it will be quarantined instantly and am just confused. Windows 8.1 never do this what can be the cause.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The best solution is either circuit breakers or stabilizers. It would be a suicide mission for one's appliances and devices to connect directly

How much does a circuit breaker cost?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2016
Please can I upgrade my hp 2000 notebook pc, Windows 7 to Windows 10? If yes, how much will it cost?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2016
Please can I upgrade my hp 2000 notebook pc, Windows 7 to Windows 10? If yes, how much will it cost?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2016
LadyB1195:
Please can I upgrade my hp 2000 notebook pc, Windows 7 to Windows 10?
If yes, how much will it cost?

Meet your local technician. The charge depends on the area. But don't pay more than 3k
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 26, 2016
computerboy:

Meet your local technician. The charge depends on the area. But don't pay more than 3k
Thanks, can I get ur whatsapp number? I just got my laptop and I have lots of questions to ask

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2016
computerboy:

pls who do u have to say for my anti virus and windows defender deletin all my exe and setup file.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2016
Collinz2:
pls who do u have to say for my anti virus and windows defender deletin all my exe and setup file.

First of all, uninstall all other Antivirus programs and use only windows defender. Then go to windows defender settings and add "exe" in the file extension exception list. You can also add a folder to be excluded during scanning

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.