Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (408598 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Brymose(m): 2:57am On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

You can't use it for formatting. You'll have to make the flash drive Bootable using a software like Rufus or PowerISO
thanks I've make it bootable. I hope driverpack solution 2016 can upgrade the drivers after installation?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2017
Brymose:
thanks I've make it bootable. I hope driverpack solution 2016 can upgrade the drivers after installation?

Yes but it's advisable you get the latest version
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

Help, My Hard Drive Is Not Reading. What Do I Do?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
rawdpiper:

Help, My Hard Drive Is Not Reading. What Do I Do?
Internal or external? What kind of error are you getting? Is it S.M.A.R.T error?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

Internal or external?
What kind of error are you getting? Is it S.M.A.R.T error?

External. It Just Shows Local Disk F Instead Of The Actual Name I Gave To The Hard Drive. It Doesn't Give The Pop Up That "do I Want To View The Files In It".
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Brymose(m): 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

what's the latest version?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
rawdpiper:

External. It Just Shows Local Disk F Instead Of The Actual Name I Gave To The Hard Drive. It Doesn't Give The Pop Up That "do I Want To View The Files In It".

But apart from these 2 issues it still works normal right?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

But apart from these 2 issues it still works normal right?

I Can't Open And View The Contents Of The Drive. The Hard Drive Has A Light, It Just Keeps Blinking.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
rawdpiper:

I Can't Open And View The Contents Of The Drive. The Hard Drive Has A Light, It Just Keeps Blinking.

For the first 2 errors you mentioned, the cause is autorun.inf present in the hard drive. But if it's blinking and not accessible then there's another problem. Did it fall or Was it in use and you just removed it from the laptop without ejecting it properly?

I will advise you to get "Recuva" and recover your files then download "HDD Regeneration" and try repairing it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

For the first 2 errors you mentioned, the cause is autorun.inf present in the hard drive. But if it's blinking and not accessible then there's another problem. Did it fall or Was it in use and you just removed it from the laptop without ejecting it properly?

I will advise you to get "Recuva" and recover your files then download "HDD Regeneration" and try repairing it.

I Wasn't Home For Some Time Now. But When I Came Home Today, I Met It On The Couch Showing That My Kid Cousins Have Played With It.

The Above Methods You Mentioned, Is There 100% Guarantee That I'll Get My Files Back Intact And The Hard Drive Will Be Back To Normal?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
rawdpiper:

I Wasn't Home For Some Time Now. But When I Came Home Today, I Met It On The Couch Showing That My Kid Cousins Have Played With It.

The Above Methods You Mentioned, Is There 100% Guarantee That I'll Get My Files Back Intact And The Hard Drive Will Be Back To Normal?

I can't guarantee it will be normal because they might have caused physical damage to it but yes you can get all your files back. Use RECUVA software. I prefer it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 11:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
computerboy:

I can't guarantee it will be normal because they might have caused physical damage to it but yes you can get all your files back. Use RECUVA software. I prefer it

Will RECUVA Be Able To Detect The Hard Drive Since The System Can't Detect It Normally?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:19am On Jan 14, 2017
rawdpiper:

Will RECUVA Be Able To Detect The Hard Drive Since The System Can't Detect It Normally?

It wil. Your system can detect it too from "disk management" in control panel
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by renod(m): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2017
computerboy:

It wil. Your system can detect it too from "disk management" in control panel
pls i need your help activating my windows 10 pro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2017
renod:
pls i need your help activating my windows 10 pro

Use this activator

https://www.nairaland.com/2571623/known-cons-windows-10-solutions/35#51690885
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by renod(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
computerboy:

Use this activator

https://www.nairaland.com/2571623/known-cons-windows-10-solutions/35#51690885
I used the app as stated Buh Windows is still not activated
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Adebayolove:
Any solution yet to power drain? My battery drains faster since I upgraded to win'10
Windows10 got off microsoft's shelf too soon - in a bid to meat the expectations of windows addict who get poke alot by linux aliens. Lol. Hence u need to consider windows10 as being in its beta stage yet - of course Mr Gates wld disagree. What u cn do is try updating at every latest release.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
renod:
I used the app as stated Buh Windows is still not activated

open the app and click on activate windows. It will go through some processes and say "activation successful" if not then send me a screenshot if what it said so I can help
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by renod(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
computerboy:

open the app and click on activate windows. It will go through some processes and say "activation successful" if not then send me a screenshot if what it said so I can help
the app shows activation successful but if I check my system properties it says Windows is not activated
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Yo computerboy i'm having issues with my windows update.

The downloads were stuck on 1%. Then i tried this.
That cleared all the downloads. And now, windows cant find updates even as i'm connected

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:02am On Jan 16, 2017
renod:
the app shows activation successful but if I check my system properties it says Windows is not activated

Please send me a screenshot of the app after it said activation successful so I can see the processes it passed through.

Also did you try rebooting after activating with the app?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:05am On Jan 16, 2017
Lana1:
Yo computerboy i'm having issues with my windows update.

The downloads were stuck on 1%. Then i tried this.
That cleared all the downloads. And now, windows cant find updates even as i'm connected

What you did is what I would have advised. So just give it time and try again. Some times the problem is not from your PC but Microsoft servers. They fail often. Continue trying and it will download
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
computerboy:

What you did is what I would have advised. So just give it time and try again. Some times the problem is not from your PC but Microsoft servers. They fail often. Continue trying and it will download
Alright. Thanks!!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by bossman44: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
please after installing windows 10 on my p.c i didnt have bluetooth again also i find it hard updating my windows,cause its so slow any body who can help me on a reliable sub to download with and the required size ..its upto 13 updates i found there
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by renod(m): 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
computerboy:

it has been fixed, thank you so much for your time.

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
abdulaz:

It wasn't so when I updated from 7 to 8 and 8.1, my display was crappy and dull unlike that of 7 that was sharp. But after updating to 10, my display was now sharper than that of Windows 7. I didn't use clean install method, I did my update with an ISO file.
From what you've said earlier I think it was the display driver that wasn't installed on my previous Windows 8.1
Which system is that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
renod:
it has been fixed, thank you so much for your time.

How Did You Fix It?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
rawdpiper:

How Did You Fix It?
Are you having similar problems?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by renod(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
rawdpiper:

How Did You Fix It?
I didn't know wat I did exactly but that moment I was connected to the internet nd I tried to activate it nd it worked
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Stark7: 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
computerboy:

Internal or external?
What kind of error are you getting? Is it S.M.A.R.T error?
Hello boss,
Upgraded to Windows 10 last year and used it for few months then around 24th December last year, it was struck with BSOD(Blue screen of Death).
Tried automatic repair but it failed to boot the system to start-up screen (Desktop).
So I decided to use advanced options.
In the advanced options;
I tried-
System restore- It failed to restore the system.
Start-up repair-this failed to tackle the problem.
Go back to previous build- Attempting to go back to previous build failed.
Start up Settings-I tried using start up settings so that I can solve the BSOD via Safe mode and deactivate some start up options but failed.
Command prompt-Using the boot and fix command prompt codes including some stretchy ones I got from YouTube didn't work too.
System recovery image-I didn't have 10 disk and Flash wasn't available to try and create a bootable OS.
Now, my sister had to do some presentation and needed my system cos hers was stolen so I thought of getting the system back to shape as soon as possible.
So I tried the reset that will keep my files but it didn't work so I tried resetting everything at the expense of losing my files.
After wasting 3-4 hours of my time resetting, the process failed and the problem of my system deteriorated.
Now it's now blank after the SMART hard disk error menu.
I'm regretting
moving to Windows 10 cos after much research, I see so many complains about BSOD on win 10.
I need your assistance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Stark7:

Hello boss,
Upgraded to Windows 10 last year and used it for few months then around 24th December last year, it was struck with BSOD(Blue screen of Death).
Tried automatic repair but it failed to boot the system to start-up screen (Desktop).
So I decided to use advanced options.
In the advanced options;
I tried-
System restore- It failed to restore the system.
Start-up repair-this failed to tackle the problem.
Go back to previous build- Attempting to go back to previous build failed.
Start up Settings-I tried using start up settings so that I can solve the BSOD via Safe mode and deactivate some start up options but failed.
Command prompt-Using the boot and fix command prompt codes including some stretchy ones I got from YouTube didn't work too.
System recovery image-I didn't have 10 disk and Flash wasn't available to try and create a bootable OS.
Now, my sister had to do some presentation and needed my system cos hers was stolen so I thought of getting the system back to shape as soon as possible.
So I tried the reset that will keep my files but it didn't work so I tried resetting everything at the expense of losing my files.
After wasting 3-4 hours of my time resetting, the process failed and the problem of my system deteriorated.
Now it's now blank after the SMART hard disk error menu.
I'm regretting
moving to Windows 10 cos after much research, I see so many complains about BSOD on win 10.
I need your assistance.

You messed up the OS/hard drive already. Get a new Windows CD and perform a clean install after formating the drive.

P.S: You might consider changing the drive as it's failure might be close

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.