Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (409710 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
Inkredible:
computerboy

I tested a pc controller (those ps looking black pads) on my windows 10 laptop but it didn't work. I have being using Xbox for windows controller on it before and it worked well but I forgot it when I traveled prompting me to source for the conventional pad.

Could it be as a result of Windows 10 or what?

It needs configuration from the game you're trying to play
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Inkredible(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
computerboy:

It needs configuration from the game you're trying to play

Call of Duty Black Ops is the game. I even went to settings in the game but it fails to pick up the controller. Unlike the former controller which it picked up without hassles.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
Inkredible:

Call of Duty Black Ops is the game. I even went to settings in the game but it fails to pick up the controller. Unlike the former controller which it picked up without hassles.

Oh. ..those pads play mostly soccer and few adventure games. COD has a lot of moves that won't fit into generic pads cos it has less button than Xbox pad.

But first check "device manager" and see if the pad is detected under "human interface. ....." if not then install the driver but if it's detected then it's not supported for the game
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Inkredible(m): 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
computerboy:

Oh. ..those pads play mostly soccer and few adventure games. COD has a lot of moves that won't fit into generic pads cos it has less button than Xbox pad.

But first check "device manager" and see if the pad is detected under "human interface. ....." if not then install the driver but if it's detected then it's not supported for the game

I ended up not picking up the controller yesterday. Anyways just wanted to know if it was a windows problem.

thanks for your time.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by falansa: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Don't know if this is the best place to post but I will appreciate all necessary help. The way my laptop (HP WINDOWS 10) is zapping data is mind blowing. Once I just connect my phone, either I'm browsing or not it will keep eating my data. Imagine 500mb gone in 10mins without downloading or even browsing. I've tried cancel automatic updates, set Internet to *metered* still d problem persist. Please kindly help me out
PS: I follow ur first tutorial on first page and change updates to notify me first but it's still d same thing.

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
falansa:
Don't know if this is the best place to post but I will appreciate all necessary help. The way my laptop (HP WINDOWS 10) is zapping data is mind blowing. Once I just connect my phone, either I'm browsing or not it will keep eating my data. Imagine 500mb gone in 10mins without downloading or even browsing. I've tried cancel automatic updates, set Internet to *metered* still d problem persist. Please kindly help me out
PS: I follow ur first tutorial on first page and change updates to notify me first but it's still d same thing.

In cortana search, input services.msc, scroll down look for windows update & disable (double click)
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by falansa: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

In cortana search, input services.msc, scroll down look for windows update & disable (double click)

Thanks, I actually did exactly as you said, screenshot below but problem still persist (image 2.). I'm getting 1mb/s without even doing anything on d laptop

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
falansa:

Thanks, I actually did exactly as you said, screenshot below but problem still persist (image 2.). I'm getting 1mb/s without even doing anything on d laptop

Have you turned off your tiles?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by falansa: 4:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Have you turned off your tiles?
I don't know about that, how do I do it please
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 5:48am On Mar 21, 2017
falansa:

I don't know about that, how do I do it please

Right click on the tiles
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
falansa:
Its definitely gotta be svchost. God i hate that process

Try this
Use the command prompt method!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
The Anniversary update makes sense. So far so good. Hoping this version of windows 10 doesn't crash as much
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by falansa: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Right click on the tiles
I've turn off all tiles, deactivate updates, among others but the thing isn't stopping o. Imagine consuming 8gb in just 4hrs without downloading. Just surfing. And d worst part is even if my browsers are closed. Once I connect without opening anything on the laptop. It will start consuming.
Abeg I need help b4 dis thing send me back to villa embarassed
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
falansa:

I've turn off all tiles, deactivate updates, among others but the thing isn't stopping o. Imagine consuming 8gb in just 4hrs without downloading. Just surfing. And d worst part is even if my browsers are closed. Once I connect without opening anything on the laptop. It will start consuming.

My solution - Downgrade to windows 7 and see if problem persists..........
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
falansa:

Go to "Network & Internet" in the Settings option and click on Data Usage. Then click on Usage Details and see a list of all the applications using your data. The ones that have used the most data will be at the top. From here you can know the culprit. It might be a 3rd party app
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by falansa: 1:50am On Mar 22, 2017
Lana1:

Try this

You are a life saver boss... It works. I'm so grateful
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by falansa: 1:51am On Mar 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

My solution - Downgrade to windows 7 and see if problem persists..........
Solved with lala1 step everything back to normal now.

Thanks house for your suggestions
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lana1:

Try this

does this method also work for windows 10 home?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 2:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
rawdpiper:

I'm not sure but i guess it should
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
rawdpiper:

It works on all windows
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by MistaBabz: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2017
Good day Nairalanders, I need urgent help on this please.

I want to re-image a brand new PC that came with Windows 10 and I have been trying to boot from CD but it's not working after Enabling LEGACY SUPPORT and changing to boot order to CD first.

What can I do please?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
MistaBabz:
Good day Nairalanders, I need urgent help on this please.

I want to re-image a brand new PC that came with Windows 10 and I have been trying to boot from CD but it's not working after Enabling LEGACY SUPPORT and changing to boot order to CD first.

What can I do please?

1. Check if the CD is bootable on another laptop. If not then get a bootable CD
2. You might have changed a setting in your bios. I recommend you reset your bios to default settings
3. You can reimage using your recovery partition that's if you didn't format it yet
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Timi141: 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
Computerboy I've been trying to reset my system for quite a while now but it gets stuck halfway then goes back to the desktop without effecting any change . Seriously driving me crazy any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Saheed69(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
Computerboy

My window Wi-Fi (window 10) disconnect quickly from my phone hotspot. What could be the issue?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ddziryan: 4:42am On Mar 24, 2017
If you forgot my login password, then UUkeys Windows Password Mate is the right tool to bypass windows 10 password with 3 simple steps. I tested it on several laptops and it never let me down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
ddziryan:
Forgot my login password, how to unlock the password?

How will you prove that you own the system before we help you?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Saheed69:
Computerboy

My window Wi-Fi (window 10) disconnect quickly from my phone hotspot. What could be the issue?

Was it like that in your former windows?
Did you update wifi driver?
The answers will determine if it's hardware or software
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Timi141:
Computerboy I've been trying to reset my system for quite a while now but it gets stuck halfway then goes back to the desktop without effecting any change . Seriously driving me crazy any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Use a bootable CD and try through BIOS
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by joelee: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
Pelicon is an Information Technology and Engineering Consulting Company.
We are an established service company with years of experience providing ICT support and engineering services to all enterprises.
Pelicon designs, builds, and operates IT data centers, networks, and systems, metering, SCADA, calibration as well as support our clients’ desktop operations, data transport, data storage, cloud solutions, and cybersecurity.

www.pelicon.com.ng info@pelicon.com.ng Tel: 2348062666236

What we do
• Access Control
• CCTV/Surveillance
• Fire Detection System
• Disaster Recovery/Backup
• Cloud Services
• Data Security
• Vehicle Tracking
• GSM Booster
• Computer Sales & Services
• Software Licensing
• Base Station/Antenna Installation
• Mast/Tower Erection
• Solar Power
• Virtualization
• Telecom Site Build
• Home/Office Automation
• Unified Communication System
• Web/Application Development
• Networking - LAN, WAN, Wireless
• Metering
• SCADA
• Custody Transfer
• Calibration
• Industrial Automation/Sensors
• Historian
• Fire Detection System
• Automatic Tank Gauge
• Petrol Station Automation
• Front End Engineering
• EPIC Projects
• Pipeline Leak Detection
• Distributed Temperature Sensor
• Pipeline/Transformer Sealant
• Instrumentation
• Power
• Control System
• Procurement
• Building Management System
• Project Management
• Trainings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Princejebs(m): 1:08am On Mar 27, 2017
falansa:

Please help me out,i have stop the automatic update on my window 10 and I am still having about 1mb/S without doing anything on my PC,this thing is drinking my data 600mb is gone without doing anything

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2017
Princejebs:

Please help me out,i have stop the automatic update on my window 10 and I am still having about 1mb/S without doing anything on my PC,this thing is drinking my data 600mb is gone without doing anything

You bought that laptop from me recently right? Chat me up on whatsapp for solutions
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by skillorifa: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
I buy/convert Itune gift card from $15-$100 denominations,  Amazon gift card (with cash receipt), Vanilla visa gift card (with cash receipt), Steam wallet gift cards, Playstation network gift card, Googleplay gift cards, ebay gift cards, Walmart gift card (with cash receipt), Bestbuy gift cards, Target gift cards. This is for sellers of iTunes Gift Cards that I will no longer purchase above $100 denominations of iTunes cards. $25, $50 and $100 are welcome to contact me asap and receive their cash thereafter. Thank you. this is 100% Genuine Digital Marketing. Tested & Trusted, certified and legit buyer contact. :09076532409

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.