Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants (5480 Views)

Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) / Join This Group Today: Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Ati Eranko (herbs; The Magic Healer) / Top Traditional Rulers Storm Lagos For Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Igi agunmanire

Igi Akoko

Ewe Iyeye

Igi Ajeobale

Igi Asofeyeje

Itakun Oruwo,

Igi Omo

they are so many, please kindly add yours thanks.
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
Are all these medicinal plants and don't they have botanical names? The vernacular names are hard to pronounce......... I haven't the foggiest idea what these plants are and what they are used for
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
Igi obo
igi apepe
Igi dongoyaro
Igi iroko
Abbl
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
Are all these medicinal plants and don't they have botanical names? The vernacular names are hard to pronounce......... I haven't the foggiest idea what these plants are and what they are used for
I'd also like to know, Ladi
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Is there any herbs for muscle building or physical strength in general?
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 6:43am On Sep 13, 2015
Cuddlebugie:
I'd also like to know, Ladi
In that case I will find out more, most expecially the medicinal ones. @aim5, I doubt there is any herb like that, most Yoruba folks medicine are 'customised' so to say, along their health and psychological needs. In Yoruba traditional setting, people use herbs to improve their health, and resort to 'aajo' (herbs, metaphisics and commandments) when ailment defies treatment. Looking healthy or muscular is 'yinbo' (that is, 'praise feeding') meaning that the person in question has 'such nature that praises (appreciates) nourishment'. Your need is in the area of diet and workout for that fitness.
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 7:08am On Sep 13, 2015
They are all medicinal, afterall God said all trees and herbs are given to us for our use. But not all people understand their uses all at a time. I will get the book that shed more light on this indigenous plants and their uses, hopefully this week. Then I will update meanwhile you may have to get yours too cos I am careful with copyright ethics. My tot is that the book has the names in Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa (ops, sorry not having the other languages. Oh, but can't we imput that here? We can...oya now. #1LUV9JA). Till then sha.
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 7:16am On Sep 13, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Igi obo

igi apepe

Igi dongoyaro

Igi iroko

Abbl
I have been hearing igi dongoyaro since childhood. I think it is the same as igi agunmanire, meaning 'tall but fruitless' almost the same meaning with dongoyaro (Hausa) 'tall but childlike'.
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Cuddlebugie(f): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with work

So, you still haven't found out more about the botanical names and uses of these plants?

#absolutesuccess#
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
Cuddlebugie:
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with work

So, you still haven't found out more about the botanical names and uses of these plants?

#absolutesuccess#
No qualms, as I type, I am at The Shepherd's flock, where the said book is. But someone from nairaland requested for my fohow products, all the way from niger state. I couldnt pick the book, I am only left with tripfare having bot some fohow books etc. I have to come back for the book tomorrow. I am waiting in line to see the M.O.G. You don't want to know how close I was to dieing december last year, my God, my head ached at every heart beat. It wasnt funny at all. I came to the MOG then and he dispel my argument for anginal pectoris. I was bedridden all through. I am fit now, thanks to daily dose of my herbs (alicin pride) and fohow product.
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
No qualms, as I type, I am at The Shepherd's flock, where the said book is. But someone from nairaland requested for my fohow products, all the way from niger state. I couldnt pick the book, I am only left with tripfare having bot some fohow books etc. I have to come back for the book tomorrow. I am waiting in line to see the M.O.G. You don't want to know how close I was to dieing december last year, my God, my head ached at every heart beat. It wasnt funny at all. I came to the MOG then and he dispel my argument for anginal pectoris. I was bedridden all through. I am fit now, thanks to daily dose of my herbs (alicin pride) and fohow product.
1. what's 'fohow'?

2. what happened and what was the cause of the ailment? I was here last year december and you were very much active on the forum then
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Cuddlebugie:

1. what's 'fohow'?

2. what happened and what was the cause of the ailment? I was here last year december and you were very much active on the forum then
Fohow is an international healthcare and wellness company that I am part of as a dealer, I stumble upon it through connection with my schoolmate, Shade who introduced me to network marketing. I was actually sick last year, some folks betrayed my trust in them and I lost my business and ended up in debt. I wasn't thinking about it but I got jinxed at some point and was at the verge of breaking down, at my wits end. At last, I dust myself up and start afresh and began paying back the debt gradually. I regain the confidence of the lender and by march, the upward spiral had started. The Fohow is working, then I was packing the herb I use to take when my heart almost crash. Thanks to my eldest brother who accomodated me and administer the herbs on me.
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Fohow is an international healthcare and wellness company that I am part of as a dealer, I stumble upon it through connection with my schoolmate, Shade who introduced me to network marketing. I was actually sick last year, some folks betrayed my trust in them and I lost my business and ended up in debt. I wasn't thinking about it but I got jinxed at some point and was at the verge of breaking down, at my wits end. At last, I dust myself up and start afresh and began paying back the debt gradually. I regain the confidence of the lender and by march, the upward spiral had started. The Fohow is working, then I was packing the herb I use to take when my heart almost crash. Thanks to my eldest brother who accomodated me and administer the herbs on me.
Pele, dear......... Olorun a kuku ya wa ya esu
Re: Thread For Yoruba Herbs And Plants by absoluteSuccess: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
Cuddlebugie:
Pele, dear......... Olorun a kuku ya wa ya esu
O se jare, Aduke mi.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

13 Things You Don’t Know About Ekiti State - Ekiti247 / Unique Kalabari Names / Olobor Festival In Ogwashi-ukwu, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.